... LastLast

Re: PTR Character Copies now available

Quote Originally Posted by AuthurDent
    2 months for last minute changes
    Wait.. what??

Quote Originally Posted by Xini
    Wait.. what??
    Did they stutter? What's hard to understand?

2 months may sound like longer than "last minute," but in the world of software development, that is definitely "last minute."

Deleted

2 months for last minute changes
    That's an insanely long time for sorting out CDs and last minute changes.

O should have been mroe clear... last 2 months are for testing the "last minute and flexible" changes made.. like raid instances, etc as well as direct changes made after testing reveals the original concept isn;t working out. (Like perhaps leveling speed/EXP, etc

Also in those last 2 months as I said are the logistics of duplication... Generally it's shipped out for duplication 1 month prior to shelf time, and patches are tested in the final 30 days that will be needed since the disc was mastered.

Quote Originally Posted by Xini
    Wait.. what??

Deleted

Also in those last 2 months as I said are the logistics of duplication... Generally it's shipped out for duplication 1 month prior to shelf time, and patches are tested in the final 30 days that will be needed since the disc was mastered.
    Ooohh... You seem to know a lot about this stuff.

lol cant even get on ptr sooo yeah
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

[blizzquote author=Ghostcrawler]
    OHAI THAR GUISE. IT IS BETA...NOT![/blizzquote]

no no no.. really have no idea what this could be, but it will imho not be the beta, as mentioned before, beta requires acc upgrade/special key sent via the opt-in and whatnot; not only simple logging onto your battle.net account and copying your character over to a PTR.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by GenesisHell
    T-minus 57 hours 55 minutes to what? Lol.
    End of april maybe?

10+ Year Old Account

While the development on the (US) PTR Copy page is interesting, I think too much is being made of it. Could it be a sign that the beta is very close? Maybe. Or it could easily be that someone at Blizzard spilt some soda.

Edit: I'll admit, I did go over there and tried to make a copy. Request still does not compute on their end. :P
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Damnit first time I thought I can get into beta, now this queue times :-[ :-[ :-[

Quote Originally Posted by Ascal
    For the love of god don't remind me of that server.
    Yep i remember how horrible it was as well :-X

Oh well ive said it before and ill say it again.
    JUST GIVE US CATACLYSM ALREADY :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Quote Originally Posted by WorgenFreeman
    [blizzquote author=Ghostcrawler]
    OHAI THAR GUISE. IT IS BETA...NOT![/blizzquote]

no no no.. really have no idea what this could be, but it will imho not be the beta, as mentioned before, beta requires acc upgrade/special key sent via the opt-in and whatnot; not only simple logging onto your battle.net account and copying your character over to a PTR.
    as mentioned before, blizzard is focusing more and more on battle.net
    you have no idea if there will be keys for beta, it could be directly be given to your battle.net account.

Some peeps could not.. but I had no problems logging into both.

This is, for sure... NOT the Beta.. again BETAs are accessed thru beta.worldofwarcraft.com

Only those peeps who have had thier accounts flagged for beta and sent a code will even be able to copy chars.
    Of course. But it doesn't look like it's actually what would normally show up for the PTR either, and I think that what boub hinted at is that they may have simply mistakenly uploaded a beta character copy realm list in the wrong place (ie PTR instead of beta site), or some similar kind of mistake while preparing the beta site (PTR and beta servers and related web applications like character copy have similar functionalities and thus probably share much of the code and just have different configuration files)

Quote Originally Posted by phluff
    you have no idea if there will be keys for beta, it could be directly be given to your battle.net account.
    thats how the sc2 beta is...checked bnet one day and it was just chilling there.

That's ceratinly possible... Blizz has done a few things liek that.. like created pages/sites etc that should not have been able to be accessed by the public.. And for that reason this could be a "flub" of the beginning of the beta server setup.

If i recall the actual beta site for wotlk was posted a day premature.. (or something was) as I recall it being posted here,,, that it was up... then an hour later... a post saying it had vanished...

It's coming tho... sad thing is... there's no guarantee any of us (including the beta peeps from WotLK) will be selected... it is an entirely random process based on the pool of peeps that have "opted in" via the Battlenet main account page.

I doubt just "activating" beta access is what Blizz will do.. as they will instead prefer to see numbers of people actually activating the beta keys that are mailed out... letting them know actual numbers they can expect to begin testing.

IN addition they will also send out complimentary keys to supporting sites and manufactures for promotions, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by phluff

Nice! I'm starving for fresh cata info.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Tunaa
    Nice! I'm starving for fresh cata info.
    because we didn't get any Cataclysm Info recently... especially not in the last 3 weeks.

let's see when they're going to give away the beta keys

This is, for sure... NOT the Beta.. again BETAs are accessed thru beta.worldofwarcraft.com

Another clue is the 6 months or so before release they generally need... 4 months for testing, 2 months for last minute changes, disc manufacturing, etc... If they started now.. it would land us around the first of November... so yeag it's not too far off.
    That was before the Age of Battle.net.

Also.. WotLK Beta started around mid to late July 2008 and was released Live mid November 2008... so your estimation of 6 months is off by about 2.

So.. I'm still betting on Mid September release.
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd