Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: PTR Character Copies now available

Holy suspense, I want to know just what this means for us
    How much bone could a bonestorm storm if a bonestorm could BOOOOOOOOONESTOOOOOOOOOOOORM!!
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/character-bios/'almega'-nara-draconus/ - my RP character

10+ Year Old Account

I wonder if they're gonna test out this new battle.net chat on PTR by allowing us to chat with people on LIVE.
    That'd be pretty sweet.

i got feeling Blizzard will translate Blizzcon on that Blizzcom event realm or something.. make an ingame Blizzon alternative for peeps which can't be in real one at same times.

Sigh. You freaking people.

It's an MLG Tournament. That's where they hold them. There's one upcoming in June. Do the math.

Beta testing is not placed on the PTR, and never has been, even on a special server. It's always through a completely separate, private, and localized client and then on a completely separate set of servers.

Deleted

Patch 3.3.4 has to come first. So its not hard to guess whats it going to be.

People should realize it's an option, but it cannot be fulfilled by request/characters can currently NOT be copied to "Blizzcon Event", nor can new, top notch lvl capped characters be created on that realm. Hopefully soon, but not at the moment.
    World-Shaper
    Lore Master
    Universe Creator

At your service.

Quote Originally Posted by Almega
    Holy suspense, I want to know just what this means for us
    It means that character transfers were up on the account management site for a little while.

Beta has to happen, but there are a few more patches before that. Remember, Ruby Sanctum has to open and we have to figure out all the mechanics on it before it hits live realms so we can have another boring raid to get "phat purps".

I'm pretty sure there was a PTR running while the WoTLK beta was going on as well, so no 3.3.5 and 3.9 don't need to be released before the beta.

Brock2525

Quote Originally Posted by fadeedaf
    It means that character transfers were up on the account management site for a little while.

Beta has to happen, but there are a few more patches before that. Remember, Ruby Sanctum has to open and we have to figure out all the mechanics on it before it hits live realms so we can have another boring raid to get "phat purps".
    3.3.5 and 3.3.9 don't necessarily need to be tested and their release schedule doesn't necessarily impact a beta timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by rym
    so tell me where's my 3.3.1 patch gone?

Quote Originally Posted by rym
    It doesn't. It's likely that it won't come at all. (i.e. they left it blank because they didn't consider a bugfix patch to be needed in between 3.3.3 and 3.3.5)

I'm not sure this has anything to do with the beta...

I'm pretty sure they will have the PTRs available for other patch testing prior to release of Cataclysm (like the pre-launch event as well as other minor patches before then.

The betas in the past have had their own URL beta.somethingorother.com as opposed to using the PTR's interface for copying/etc... in fact I recall WotLK beta being up as well as PTR and not linked in anyway.

but I think we all know that regardless.. BETA should be strating within the next month at least...

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.

Nah, it's not beta. They're trying out another Vanish code ^.^
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

So...

wotlkwiki.info?
    cataclysmwiki.info?

Gentlemen start your domain engines...

Quote Originally Posted by Brock2525
    3.3.5 and 3.3.9 don't necessarily need to be tested and their release schedule doesn't necessarily impact a beta timeline.
    A fresh raid encounter needs to be tested. Even irrelevant crap like ToC was tested, so how about a new encounter on difficulty par with the Lich King?

Quote Originally Posted by wheresjohnny
    so tell me where's my 3.3.1 patch gone?
    It was already tested...and applied to live. Months ago.

That said, this is probably not the beta. As I already stated, BlizzCon Event servers are where they hold MLG tournaments. There's one coming up in June, so it overlaps nicely in terms of timeline, as this is usually when they put those up. It also explains why transfers and premades are currently blocked.

Do not set yourselves up for disappointment.

is it just me (sorry i cba reading 12 pages atm) but i cannot actually transfer any toons atm, keeps saying the feature is unavailable (im Central US located)
    TIRION: It is done
    RHONIN: I know it's done, I'm the d00d that did it
    TIRION: But without a lich king to chain it, the scourge will rampage across Azeroth, destroying all life, I am the only one who can bear this solemn burden.
    RHONIN: Because you did such a good job with the coliseum? I thought I fired your ass, Why are you even here?

Oh man, cata beta + halo beta = awesome May

Quote Originally Posted by Vehemence
    So...

wotlkwiki.info?
    cataclysmwiki.info?

Gentlemen start your domain engines...
    Those are called Nihilum.eu now. Don't ask me why.
    And Christ said to his disciples, "I shall grant you eternal Salvation!"
    The disciples fell to their knees and replied, "Give us kings n00b!".

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmer

That said, this is probably not the beta. As I already stated, BlizzCon Event servers are where they hold MLG tournaments. There's one coming up in June, so it overlaps nicely in terms of timeline, as this is usually when they put those up. It also explains why transfers and premades are currently blocked.

Do not set yourselves up for disappointment.
    im pretty sure they hold MLG tournaments on a different realm entirely. why would they use the Public Test Realm for a Tourny?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lascer
    I don't always drink tears, but when i do, i prefer undead's.

Stay feared my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Panoramixe
    I'm pretty sure there was a PTR running while the WoTLK beta was going on as well, so no 3.3.5 and 3.9 don't need to be released before the beta.
    Aye not sure but it could have been for either 2.4.3 or 3.0.2 or we could be completely wrong :P.

World of Warcraft: Map || Screenshots