Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: PTR Character Copies now available

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef
    Why would anyone copy a character over like 6 months in advance especially consideirng cataclysm may be before blizzcon?
    Why would the beta server be called "blizzcon event" and be released with only one standard ptr server?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted

oh man. If turns out that its not beta, a lot of people will do this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E29iOPSxF94&feature=fvw (warning this is nsfw in the sense that there is profanity)

or this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a3R0YuUjQg

Brock2525

All you Debbie Downers can bugger off. Its for Beta, OK!? >

Quote Originally Posted by Brock2525
    So why would the Copy be available 6 months prior to BlizzCon?
    IDK Which is why i think(hope) its something different, like Worgen / Goblin starting areas or Echo isles / Gnomergan event.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lascer
    I don't always drink tears, but when i do, i prefer undead's.

Stay feared my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle
    Why would the beta server be called "blizzcon event" and be released with only one standard ptr server?
    WotlK beta only had one realm actually, which was Coldarra. (EU)

Quote Originally Posted by Bareno
    Not sure if this was posted before, but I doubt its for beta, it Could just be, exactly what it says for, Blizzcon. They may have a updated cataclysm demo or whatever and like the TBC one, you can copy your toons there in advance to play @ blizzcon.
    Why would they be prepping for a demo 6 months away when beta isn't out yet and when they said we would be sick of goblins when blizzcon comes around?

Quote Originally Posted by Xini
    WotlK beta only had one realm actually, which was Coldarra. (EU)
    For the love of god don't remind me of that server.
    And Christ said to his disciples, "I shall grant you eternal Salvation!"
    The disciples fell to their knees and replied, "Give us kings n00b!".

10+ Year Old Account

i love Coldarra and its wonderfull 2minute delay lag aswell as queues that lasted hours and spam tha made kittens cry

Hope it is soon ;D

I have some fond memories of it though. For example when premades were released I chose a paladin and was able to faceroll any class after taking 2 minutes reading the spell descriptions. Paladins were quite fun on the beta.

But yeah it was quite frustrating at times to see an instant cast take at least a minute ...

Deleted

*Shits bricks*

Could this not be the new arena tourney. If I remember correctly before they had the arena season last year they allowed people to copy over chars to play with.

The Public Test Realm Character Copy feature is currently closed. Please watch www.worldofwarcraft.com for any announcements regarding the availability of the Public Test Realms.

Can't copy any characters

I'm sure this has been said and given reason, but looking through eleven pages is a misuse of my time

But yea. BETABETABETABETABETABETABETABETABETABETABETABETABETABETABETABETA!

BETA!

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Mallinda
    Could this not be the new arena tourney. If I remember correctly before they had the arena season last year they allowed people to copy over chars to play with.
    Could be. Could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Panoramixe
    I have some fond memories of it though. For example when premades were released I chose a paladin and was able to faceroll any class after taking 2 minutes reading the spell descriptions. Paladins were quite fun on the beta.

But yeah it was quite frustrating at times to see an instant cast take at least a minute ...
    Haha, i remember that brief time were Paladin Judgements did 20k damage at level 70. Good times. Still, felt bad being treated like a "second class subscriber" by Blizzard. Hope we Euros get more servers this time.
    And Christ said to his disciples, "I shall grant you eternal Salvation!"
    The disciples fell to their knees and replied, "Give us kings n00b!".

Quote Originally Posted by Mallinda
    thats when they were testing the arena tourny when it first came out back in season 4 or whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lascer
    I don't always drink tears, but when i do, i prefer undead's.

Stay feared my friends.

Deleted

I will have a laughing fit if this turns out to not be Beta after everyone's freaked out about it.

Edit: Then again... I won't exactly be complaining if it is Beta, so either way... I'm happy.

So, just to make sure I'm understanding this right people think they're bringing up Cataclysm Beta servers because they can't copy characters?

The name I'm assuming is just someone not renaming the server before it came up.

Of course, its like I said a couple months ago. Beta would be coming out about a month after ICC Lich King fight./