Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Brock2525

Re: PTR Character Copies now available

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmer
    A fresh raid encounter needs to be tested. Even irrelevant crap like ToC was tested, so how about a new encounter on difficulty par with the Lich King?

It was already tested...and applied to live. Months ago.

That said, this is probably not the beta. As I already stated, BlizzCon Event servers are where they hold MLG tournaments. There's one coming up in June, so it overlaps nicely in terms of timeline, as this is usually when they put those up. It also explains why transfers and premades are currently blocked.

Do not set yourselves up for disappointment.
    No, a fresh raid encounter doesn't have to be tested. They didn't test Lich King on the PTR.

And the correct answer about 3.3.1 is there WAS no 3.3.1. We had 3.3.0a and then we got 3.3.2 then 3.3.3.

Quote Originally Posted by Creptius
    im pretty sure they hold MLG tournaments on a different realm entirely. why would they use the Public Test Realm for a Tourny?
    I agree, as far as I know you make premades for arena tournaments and don't copy your own character.

Quote Originally Posted by Creptius
    im pretty sure they hold MLG tournaments on a different realm entirely. why would they use the Public Test Realm for a Tourny?
    You are incorrect. The Blizzcon Event server is usually where they hold that. It is also where they held the Live Raid.

They generally do not use these servers for beta. This is probably unrelated to beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Brock2525
    No, a fresh raid encounter doesn't have to be tested. They didn't test Lich King on the PTR.
    That's kind of the ultimate encounter for the expansion, so it's an exception. Obviously they eliminated some and focus more internal testing on that. I highly doubt they're not going to test Sanctum.

And the correct answer about 3.3.1 is there WAS no 3.3.1. We had 3.3.0a and then we got 3.3.2 then 3.3.3.
    I stand corrected, they do in fact leave some numeric patches free in case of bug fixes. 3.3.4 can be that.

That said? Still probably not beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Panoramixe
    I agree, as far as I know you make premades for arena tournaments and don't copy your own character.
    The way Arena and MLG tournaments work are very different.

3.3.1 was a patch applied to servers, requiring restarts. There was no client patch.

If they didn't change it since the Arena Tournament PTR you make premades and then buy all your gear from vendors for the tournament.

World of Warcraft: Map || Screenshots

I'm pretty sure there was a PTR running while the WoTLK beta was going on as well, so no 3.3.5 and 3.9 don't need to be released before the beta.
    I remember that too. If you were in the beta, you couldn't join the PTR due to a bug.

Nothing against you Boub, but did you really have to post this on the main page so everyone can see how to copy a character to the PTR and overload their copy process. Especially if we don't know exactly what it's for, now just random people will copy just in case it's for beta and probably never even log into it. :/

Brock2525

All you Debbie Downers can bugger off. Its for Beta, OK!? >
    I'm falling back to this post. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmer
    Sigh. You freaking people.

It's an MLG Tournament. That's where they hold them. There's one upcoming in June. Do the math.

Beta testing is not placed on the PTR, and never has been, even on a special server. It's always through a completely separate, private, and localized client and then on a completely separate set of servers.
    I would like to quote a guy from the US WoW Forums:

EDIT: Also, I want to point out that we're running under different conditions now that we have the Battle.Net system in play. Not saying that it's a beta or a PTR, but how the next Beta is handled might be slightly different with that in mind.

Stop saying beta and beta. it's NOT! TBC and WotLK Beta you needed a special key code that you get in a lucky draw or something then, and same will be for Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by sicness
    Nothing against you Boub, but did you really have to post this on the main page so everyone can see how to copy a character to the PTR and overload their copy process. Especially if we don't know exactly what it's for, now just random people will copy just in case it's for beta and probably never even log into it. :/
    Pretty sure people have posted that they tried but couldn't copy their characters

Quote Originally Posted by Cohih
    Pretty sure people have posted that they tried but couldn't copy their characters
    Even if they can't right now they'll be more flooded with character copies than usual due to this just because people think it's beta when it's most likely not. Just curious why he had to put the direct to it right on the front page is all. :/

T-minus 57 hours 55 minutes to what? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Evenstarr
    Stop saying beta and beta. it's NOT! TBC and WotLK Beta you needed a special key code that you get in a lucky draw or something then, and same will be for Cata.
    No.

We are in the age of the battle.net Account, not the age of beta keys.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Geekbustarz
    IT'S COMING! OMGOMG
    Thats what she said! :P sorry couldn't help it.
    Anyways if its the Beta would it mean it could be open to everyone?? like no opt-in where random people are selected!

Quote Originally Posted by GenesisHell
    T-minus 57 hours 55 minutes to what? Lol.
    Um...what?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Belize
    Thats what she said! :P sorry couldn't help it.
    Anyways if its the Beta would it mean it could be open to everyone?? like no opt-in where random people are selected!
    You would probarly need a beta-key
    The goblin warrior, Gallywix!
    "And the Heavens shall tremble!"

My name is Kenneth044, and I'm an altoholic!

Some peeps could not.. but I had no problems logging into both.

This is, for sure... NOT the Beta.. again BETAs are accessed thru beta.worldofwarcraft.com

Only those peeps who have had thier accounts flagged for beta and sent a code will even be able to copy chars.

However... the recent flood of information regarding the changes usually means BETA is imminent.. Blizzard has made it a point to release the info on chnages (especially potentially controversial changes) in the forums and allow for some discussion and to make sure the CORRECT Blizzard direction/changes are disseminated instead of "surprise changes" that get reported out of context and speculation gives way to a bajillion permutions of hell.

Since we have seen a ton of info regarding class changes, PvE/PvP, giuld leveling, Archeology, etc... it'sa pretty safe to assume it will be popping in the next 30 days or so.. perhpas tomorrwo who knows.

Another clue is the 6 months or so before release they generally need... 4 months for testing, 2 months for last minute changes, disc manufacturing, etc... If they started now.. it would land us around the first of November... so yeag it's not too far off.

Quote Originally Posted by Xini
    I remember that too. If you were in the beta, you couldn't join the PTR due to a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by sicness
    Even if they can't right now they'll be more flooded with character copies than usual due to this just because people think it's beta when it's most likely not. Just curious why he had to put the direct to it right on the front page is all. :/
    Simple question:

If a person is unable to copy ANY characters to the test realm, how many characters are being copied to the test realm?

Deleted

I told you it wasn't Beta.