Re: PTR Character Copies now available

Quote Originally Posted by porkface
    Its not even funny
    What? Lego Universe isn't funny?

Is it supposed to be?
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

So.... WHY WONT IT LET ME ON THE PTR OR EVEN COPY CHARACTERS !*&R()*&@#)(*)&$)(#@* <3

oh btw... on my mage... i speced 3 pointes into improved blizzard... yet they still suck BAD

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Zlodo
    Actualy, these are tortose(sp), Turtles have fins while tortoses have legs......Irrelevent?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side
    Actualy, these are tortose(sp), Turtles have fins while tortoses have legs......Irrelevent?
    Extremely

#wwgd

Turtle Old God in Cataclysm? ;D

Quote Originally Posted by RevanSparda
    Turtle Old God in Cataclysm? ;D
    Players with the Sea Turtle mount will be instantly enslaved upon entering the water while mounted.

#wwgd

Can anyone try out the beta or do you need to sign up ? I remember I was able to just download the ptr and check out wotlk without having to be selected or anything..

10+ Year Old Account

Where did you hear that? Wikipedia? Plenty of (probably most) species of turtles have legs, snapping turtles, box turtles, etc.
    Cosmic greetings, all, I'm the Raccoonatic Commander!
    Leowyld of Emerald Dream-US

worgen or bust
    I run a satire / humor blog site very The Onion-esque. It's like taking trolling to another level.

www.spinatlantic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Leowyld
    Where did you hear that? Wikipedia? Plenty of (probably most) species of turtles have legs, snapping turtles, box turtles, etc.
    Depends on which version of the English Language you speak:

Although the word turtle is widely used to describe all members of the order Testudines, it is also common to see certain members described as terrapins, tortoises or sea turtles as well. Precisely how these alternative names are used, if at all, depends on the type of English being used.

* British English normally describes these reptiles as turtles if they live in the sea; terrapins if they live in fresh or brackish water; or tortoises if they live on land. However, there are exceptions to this where American or Australian common names are in wide use, as with the Fly River turtle.

* American English tends to use the word turtle for all freshwater species, as well as for certain land-dwelling species (e.g. box turtles). Oceanic species are usually referred to as sea turtles, and tortoise is restricted to members of the true tortoise family, Testudinidae. The name terrapin is typically reserved only for the brackish water diamondback terrapin, Malaclemys terrapin; the word terrapin being derived from the Algonquian word for this animal.[15]

* Australian English uses turtle for both the marine and freshwater species but tortoise for the terrestrial species.

To avoid confusion, the word chelonian is popular among veterinarians, scientists, and conservationists working with these animals as a catch-all name for any member of the superorder Chelonia which includes all turtles, tortoises and terrapins living and extinct, as well as their immediate ancestors. It is based on the Ancient Greek word χελώνη, chelōnē; Modern Greek χελώνα, chelōna; meaning turtle/tortoise.

#wwgd

Quote Originally Posted by Mediansoft
    Can anyone try out the beta or do you need to sign up ? I remember I was able to just download the ptr and check out wotlk without having to be selected or anything..
    You're probably thinking of the 3.0 PTR.

Betas have always been closed.

#wwgd

the EU site almost crashed :'(

Differences between turtles and tortoises include:
    Turtles primarily live in water (fresh water and oceans) and so have webbed front feet or flipper-like fins to make swimming easier.
    Tortoises live almost exclusively on land, so do not have flippers, but normal feet without webbing, often with sharp claws for digging. They only enter water to drink or wash themselves off, and can in fact drown in strong currents. They may be found in arid areas.
    Turtles tend to have flatter shells than tortoises, while tortoises have a more domed shell.
    Turtles can be omnivorous, eating both plants and insects; tortoises eat only plants and leaves and other vegetation, so they are herbivorous, especially preferring moisture-bearing vegtation.
    Turtles can migrate from one place to another, swimming mighty oceans; tortoises tend to stay in one area.
    btw ... it's not beta :-X

You cannot copy anything... this is a mistak of some sorts...

The reason you see only 2 copies left is that was how many you had left at the end of last PTR testing. Nothign has been reset.

interestingly enough.. the small image link on Boubs post is missing now... lol

Quote Originally Posted by mikeakanice
    Are we unable to copy premades this time. It's only showing me I can copy only copy two of my live characters.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Leowyld
    Buddy of mines a marine biologist, but he may have been screwing with me. Animals havent always been true to their pre-suff names, but lets not derail too much

In no way shape or form will this be beta, beta would be in entirely differently servers than the PTR for as of now. I vote it's going to be the Troll Raid that no body wanted. That i've been looking forward to all x-pack. Inc Gun Drak!

Why anyone would think this is beta is beyond me? what does PTR stand for? Public Test Realm. They're not going to open beta to the public when even press sites have only been invited to be invited to the Private beta on ~~~~~> beta servers. If Cata is coming out say November and ICC came out last Novemberish, you would guess that blizzard would give us another instance (other than a last minute LoreFest of Ruby sanctum) The same as they have before, for example Zul Aman. No real connection with the rest of the expansion, but it did offer 25m loot in a 10m raid, and it looked cool to boot and was actually a really good instance imo. The timing is right, the zone is there, and obviously it'd catch a good portion of people off guard. Blizzard said ICC would be the last Tier, but no where did anyone state that it'd be the last batch of 264/277 available. Which is the same to ZA did for people that didn't get through alot of BC content but still wanted Fat Purps for leveling. As the for the Blizzcon server, perhaps some more fun for people attending blizzcon?

10+ Year Old Account

Been trying to copy my main over to what ever this is, and I have had no luck getting it to go through
    Proud Healer Since 2007
    "Wizard's First Rule: People are stupid."

I'm getting errors every time I try to copy... is PTR getting flooded, or did they not fully open PTR yet..

Quote Originally Posted by MisftitMonkey
    I'm getting errors every time I try to copy... is PTR getting flooded, or did they not fully open PTR yet..
    It's not open.

And no.. there is NOT going to be a Troll Raid.

#wwgd

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinius
    Why anyone would think this is beta is beyond me? what does PTR stand for? Public Test Realm. They're not going to open beta to the public when even press sites have only been invited to be invited to the Private beta on ~~~~~> beta servers. If Cata is coming out say November and ICC came out last Novemberish, you would guess that blizzard would give us another instance (other than a last minute LoreFest of Ruby sanctum) The same as they have before, for example Zul Aman. No real connection with the rest of the expansion, but it did offer 25m loot in a 10m raid, and it looked cool to boot and was actually a really good instance imo. The timing is right, the zone is there, and obviously it'd catch a good portion of people off guard. Blizzard said ICC would be the last Tier, but no where did anyone state that it'd be the last batch of 264/277 available. Which is the same to ZA did for people that didn't get through alot of BC content but still wanted Fat Purps for leveling. As the for the Blizzcon server, perhaps some more fun for people attending blizzcon?
    WALL OF TEXT

By the way, the only other instance coming out pre-cataclysm is Ruby Sanctum, and most likely won't even require a PTR testing phase. So this PTR has to be either the Echo Isles etc patch, 4.0, or the actual Beta.

BB did say that the beta would be April or May, are you calling him a liar? I can't remember the last time he was wrong.. and I used to be skeptical of him myself.