... LastLast

Re: PTR Character Copies now available

Quote Originally Posted by Sarrior
    This is madness!

Madness?

THIS IS BETA!
    lol sooo pro.

Ok just to set the turtle conversation correct, Tortoise are the large land reptiles. Turtles are smaller and can be both land and oceanic.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoyll
    I still love how I said this wasn't going to be Beta and then everyone realised it wasn't Beta.

I win.
    beta?
    indeed you do but i've been asking every new post today

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground
    Ok just to set the turtle conversation correct, Tortoise are the large land reptiles. Turtles are smaller and can be both land and oceanic.
    err not in the UK. Depends on your country and how they classify. Lets end that debate now.
    Stormrage 4 lyfe

Yeah why should we care?
    With games like WoW, where the content gets boring so quickly, I say no to beta's. I'll be sick of the content before Cata is even released.
    Ill pass

I think Ruby Sanctum and Echo Isles/Gnomeregan will be splitted.
    Ruby Sanctum is new content, Echo Isles/Gnome will be an event ... like before WotLK.
    Content will be patched in before (maybe with 3.3.5) but lately activated.

But ... just my five cents ...

Ahh ... and no ... surely no Beta-Server.

Quote Originally Posted by Khraine
    beta?
    indeed you do but i've been asking every new post today
    err not in the UK. Depends on your country and how they classify. Lets end that debate now.
    Well in Canada its that way so its right! muhuahhaa

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account

awesome ya! beta! Woooooo!!!!.....but anyways the real reason i posted this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUnar...layer_embedded

Beta-Key-Event like for TBC where we need to farm honor in the level10-19 bracket or level some(1) chars to 25.

I'm actually thinking with as massive as the pre-cata patch (4.0) is going to be, that they're going to get a head start on it so that people can get on the PTR and see all of the current class/terrain/graphical changes while the beta is going on. It's going to be so big that I'm guessing it'll take several months to get it ready for live servers.

Brock2525

I am disappoint. :-\

Quote Originally Posted by deplorable
    [blizzquote author=Ghostcrawler]
    OHAI THAR GUISE. IT IS BETA...NOT![/blizzquote]

english... american english... whichever you speak; that language is currently unavailable.

it's committing suicide apparently. Scary thing is, he gets paid for typing and acting like that... as professional as an enron accountant.

it'll just be ruby san.. or gnomeregan/echo islands testing...
    [blizzquote author=Ghostcrawler]
    OHAI DEPLORABLE UR NOT VARY INTELIGUNT, R U?[/blizzquote]

Quote Originally Posted by WorgenFreeman
    how come 'just chillin' ? you got it via email or just something popped up onto your BNet account ?
    never experienced that tbh... only the wotlk beta.. and I remember that keys were sent by mail.

cheers.
    Same happen to me never got email about sc2 beta then one day i checket battle.net and bam sc2 beta.I could not sit down for atleast 3hours

i was't able to copy it yet.. so dont know

I think, they're using the Blizzcon Server from last Year as Beta Server (hence it says blizzcon event) and it somehow ended up in the PTR Copy Screen (i 98% believe this was intentional, see how you all act weird and talk about turtles) because they are preping the server(s) for Beta, and need to connect it to the character copy thingy.
    Awesome since 1986 - Armory

Quote Originally Posted by Ramuh
    I think, they're using the Blizzcon Server from last Year as Beta Server (hence it says blizzcon event) and it somehow ended up in the PTR Copy Screen (i 98% believe this was intentional, see how you all act weird and talk about turtles) because they are preping the server(s) for Beta, and need to connect it to the character copy thingy.
    the betas run on a completely different server.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lascer
    I don't always drink tears, but when i do, i prefer undead's.

Stay feared my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Creptius
    Because Blizzard can't ever change the way they do things, oh no.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account

IMHO after reading some of these comments, I'm more inclined to think this new blizzcon server (or old, rather) might be used to test some of the hardware upgrades. While I will be hopeful for beta, it still remains to be spoken for.

Quote Originally Posted by Panoramixe
    This PTR will be solely used to test a rainbow dash for the celestial steed.
    LOL

I would pay 50$ for the mount if it could do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Creptius
    You did not read what i wrote. The BlizzCon Event Servers, those where you could try out the starting regions @ blizzcon 09 these are the blizzcon event servers. They now might upgrade those to the new shiny '10 cataclysm beta servers. These may somehow (intentionally if you ask me) wound up on the ptr copy screens. The PTR Servers (Broxigar etc.) stay as they are, to well test upcoming ptr stuff like 3.3.5 or 3.9 after that
    Awesome since 1986 - Armory

Quote Originally Posted by Wanky
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...01487949&sid=1

Confirmed from Blue: "The PTRs are currently offline as there is no patch data ready to be tested by the public at this time."

So apparently this was just a mistake on Blizzard's part.
    Are you blind? How much more confirmation do you want? That blue response is a non-response. Which means that it's a response. When someone has an opportunity to say "no" and doesn't, they mean "yes."

(1) no patch data. Well, if it's the beta that isn't patch data, is it.
    (2) by the public. Well, beta testers aren't the public, they are beta testers.
    (3) at this time. Well, tomorrow or Tuesday or whenever will no longer be at this time.

Blizzard Community Reps: Mastering the art of the meaningless English sentence.