Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Disc HPS on recount.

Seriously, people will never learn. People who crap talk you because of HPS are stupid.

HPS is a horrible way to rate healers if you're not looking at the entire big picture which is pretty hard to do completely. This is why shit like World of Logs rankings are so retarded. There are so many different variables that affect it, like who takes damage how and when among many other things that aren't in the healers hands. Also, some raids just take less/different damage for a myriad of reasons and this could make your HPS look low or high. The raid make up and who you're healing with can change your HPS constantly also.

The main thing they should rate you on is...

1) Did you go OOM?
    2) Did anyone die?
    3) Were people constantly dipping dangerously low and then staying there for too long?

Things like that. Practical things.

So without looking at the big picture, HPS BY ITSELF is not a great tool to measure a healers contribution to the raid.

If you want though, use World of Logs next time, upload the log, and link it to them, if you're a decent player, you'll see that you contributed just as much or more than than the other healers.

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

i use recount in raid to see if ppl do the hps/dps that they should.
    befor i started useing WoL some ppl said that i didnt do enough healing, but when they saw the log and that i was 1st or 2nd on every single fight (only beaten bye our holy pala) they stopped nagging and started to focus on theyr own healing...
    Disc is awsome in ICC 10 and 25man, we bring som realy good raid abilitys like 3% raid dmg reduction. Disc isnt a raw healing healer, we are suproters, our job is to make it alot easyer for the other healers to do thayr job.
    my guild struggled alot on putri 25, when they got me in and kicked a pala healer all went so much better.. so dont say that disc are bad healers, we are superior to holu priest shamans and drood at most fights, only pala that realy have a chance.
    the only fight disc suck is dreamwalker...

Quote Originally Posted by Marlom
    i use recount in raid to see if ppl do the hps/dps that they should.
    befor i started useing WoL some ppl said that i didnt do enough healing, but when they saw the log and that i was 1st or 2nd on every single fight (only beaten bye our holy pala) they stopped nagging and started to focus on theyr own healing...
    Disc is awsome in ICC 10 and 25man, we bring som realy good raid abilitys like 3% raid dmg reduction. Disc isnt a raw healing healer, we are suproters, our job is to make it alot easyer for the other healers to do thayr job.
    my guild struggled alot on putri 25, when they got me in and kicked a pala healer all went so much better.. so dont say that disc are bad healers, we are superior to holu priest shamans and drood at most fights, only pala that realy have a chance.
    the only fight disc suck is dreamwalker...
    Excellent post. I agree with all of your points except the last one, lol! Discipline is great for healing outside VD while everyone else goes in to get orbs : )
    We put a "buffer" between the raid and "danger" lol, which makes the job of the other healers easier. We are support.

This guy is also telling you what I posted above him, log your stuff with World of Logs one day and show it to the, if you're decent, they won;t nag you anymore after seeing it just like Marlom said.

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

All healers are support. And yes, Dreamwalker is a particularly bad fight as Discipline. The main bonus is PI on Paladins really. There is no predictable AOE damage and if your interrupts and melee/tanks stay away from skeletons there's little to no AOE damage at all. It's actually the one fight where you can honestly say that Holy's PW:S is stronger than Discipline's. Which is pretty telling about how great Disc is on that fight. Disc does decently as a tank healer because tank damage is light enough that all your good tank healers will be in portals, but as Druids are often used outside it's a moot point.

The only fight I can think of in ICC that's worse for them is Gunship. Not that Gunship counts.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Shiggity
    PW:S is the single best instant 'heal' in the game, better than holy shock, swiftmend, and anything a shaman has. With 3000+ spellpower you can crit one for almost 3k healing (glyph) and then have it absorb 7-8k more.

It's a 10k instant heal that you can SPAM on the raid. No other class or spec in the game can do this.
    This.
    The game is full of retarded disc priests who don't spam shields. Or don't even use shields on tanks. They are full of fail. Good disc WILL top effective heal meters hand in hand with good trees on most fights. Noone else will come close.

Ah yes Dreamwalker is the worst ever fight for disc.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

As a disc priest it is very annoying when ppl say your not healing enough.

In one voa run I had a shaman say he was single healing it, after other ppl in the raid said I was a disc priest he absorbs damage I posted the hps AND absorbed damage, I was way above him. Needless to say he said nothing after that.

The absorbed damage plays a big part of disc and ppl just don't understand how disc works, then again there are a lot of dumb ppl playing wow.

Intel i7 2700K (@4.8Ghz) - 8GB Corsair - Windows 7 64Bit - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H
    Corsair Force 3 SSD 120GB - Gigabyte GTX680 OC - Benq 120hz LED Monitor

I just had to add to this thread after seeing a few of the "Well if you're the only priest spamming absorbs..."

Hi guys. I'm a DK tank. When I pop AMS and take, say, a Soul Reaper, I get a nice message on MSBT that reads -9000 <41000 absorbed>.

There're a lot of mechanics in the game that are treated as absorbs. Until, as harky says, absorbs are properly tracked by the combat log (which I think Blizzard has stated there are technical limitations to doing, at least quickly..?), you're not going to get 100% accurate numbers /ever/. Offhand, what I can recall include the various ward spells (Shadow, Fire, Frost), Mana Shield, Ice Barrier, AMS, Savage Defense, Sacred Shield, Ardent Defender (<35% and on proc), Will of the Necropolis (<35%), and Spell Deflection (pretty potentially huge because it eats 45% of a spell).

I'm positive there are more I missed, but already this list could potentially throw things /way/ off for guessed absorbs.

I love disc priests, but guise. C'mon.
    There he is the electro gypsy, he stands motionless while he drops a melody. Plays future music long into the night, 'til his fingers bleed... well, that's alright.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Are you saying that the absorbs of other class/spells are added to the priest one?
    Intel i7 2700K (@4.8Ghz) - 8GB Corsair - Windows 7 64Bit - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H

Quote Originally Posted by Decan
    Are you saying that the absorbs of other class/spells are added to the priest one?
    This is the gist of what is being said about guessed absorbs. They're tracking the last applied absorb as the entire absorb. Ergo, if I pop AMS and you throw a bubble on me afterward, whatever my AMS absorbs will be added to the guessed absorb for your bubble.
    There he is the electro gypsy, he stands motionless while he drops a melody. Plays future music long into the night, 'til his fingers bleed... well, that's alright.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

I starting looking at some other forums and found this

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...30543203&sid=1

7. Re: Skada ~ Absorbs plus Heals 04/29/2010 12:30:19 PM PDT
    I made a post about how absorbs are tallied awhile back regarding add-ons and websites.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...38427310&sid=1

There are some good responses in there. The data given back to you is somewhat accurate, and somewhat incorrect at the same time. How absorbs are tallied is that those programs look for hidden lines of code where a shield or damage mitigation spell was used. They then credit the absorbs to who used the spell last.

Some things you should know are that time is not evaluted. Meaning that the shield or DA could have fallen off and you still receive absorb credit. Also there is no partial credit. You either receive full or no credit for the shields.

Here is good a example of how absorbs can be off. This is the same Lich King log produced from World of Logs vs. Wow Meter Online. Take a look at the two disc priests, Worldsaway and Delari.

Wow Meter Online
    http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat...645#healingout

Worldsaway: 3886
    Delari: 2254

World of Logs
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/y...?s=4460&e=5340

Worldsaway: 4569.9
    Delari: 3016.2

As you can see, World of Logs gives way more credit to absorbs than Wow Meter Online. So, all in all said, Skada is good for ballpark numbers but take it with a grain of salt.

19. Re: Skada ~ Absorbs plus Heals 05/03/2010 02:45:05 AM PDT
    I use skada on my disc priest...they are actually very accurate. It does NOT count partially absorbed shields, only the actual damage absorbed. You can test this in disc by soloing any 77-80 mob. When you first bubble yourself it shows no absorb. As the mob hits you, the amount absorbed goes up. I was plesantly suprised to see this My shield just from calculations shields about 9k damage. At a 1 second cast, it is by far your most mana/time effecient "heal." The down side is if it doesn't get used, its wasted mana/time. I would expect a good disc priest on the big aoe fights (blood queen and festergut) that a disc priest will have around 8-9k hps in just absorbs. Toss in a prayer of mending.....mmmmmm. The only thing skada doesn't account for is Inspiration (damage reduced by 10% for 15 seconds on a target) and the raidwide 3% damage reduction that lasts a minute everytime you cast your shield.

I found this very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by blizzardcashshop
    tree druids do about 50-60% overhealing. divide their HPS by half.
    This gonna change in Cata.
    WOTLK is expansion of stolen heals. Being a resto druid in many fights( like Deathwhisper 10 hc) im just ocasionally heal tanks and drink coffe while my guildie disc priest spam shielding raid. Its just purely pointless to pre-hot raid since almost all incoming damage is absorbed and ofcourse he is topping skada meters. Not because im so bad or he so good, its just mehanics of the fight.
    In Cataclysm when we will need to do wise desicions when and who to heal, where you cant and shouldnt top everyone, situations like this wont happen.

No one (that I know) judges a disc priest according to recount.. It's a silly thing to do.
    Cake!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Zka
    This.
    The game is full of retarded disc priests who don't spam shields.
    because that´s no fun. i was in icc25 a few days ago and the disc priest had 90% of his healing done by the power word shield glyph. don´t get me wrong it´s good and prevents lots of damage but if you only spam shields it´s damn boring
    and it´s not that hard to top meters as disc since you have a spammable 8-10k instant, just get recount absorb thing or something else that shows absorbs

LOL this is a new interesting post.

OK I am not sure what bad Disc priests people are running with, but here is a tank's point of view. I LOVE Disc priests. I see people saying their spot is only raid healing and they are marginal. The Disc priest I run with also tank heals. She is my preferred healer. Maybe it is more skill>spec, but she is the awesome.

She healed Anub phase 3 (10 man) solo (back when iot was current content). The other night we lost 2 healers on the first 2 Valks in LK and she kept us up until the next transition (yes EZ 10 man again).

Meteres matter, but really people living matters more.

And it was funny seeing someone say shields snipe a druid HoTs. Don't the druid's HoTs snipe heals from other healers. There was even a blue post about druids will have more HPS due to rolling Hots before a fight, so they can heal as soon as damage goes out.

So I am not sure where many here get the Disc Hate, or say they are marginal. All I can say from a tank PoV is I love my Disc Priest.

PS Disc healing is much more than PW:S, and anyone who doesn't get that doesn't know the spec
    "Peace is a lie"

I did 300HPS on recount on Sindragosa tonight. On world of Logs i did 13k hps. Go figure?

I use Skada Damage Meter, Skada Window Buttons(Gives it recount buttons for us ex-recounters), and SkadaHealAbsorbs. Adds up Healing and Absorbs. =D