Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

when content is forgotten...

It's a sad truth nowadays. Top-level, good geared people forgetting, even not knowing some instances/zones exist.

In a few stories that happened to me:

I was in SW with the ZG sword, and a hunter asked where i got it. I told him ZG, and he asks, what's that? I say Zul'Gurub, and he asks, "Where is that?" I tell him, STV (Stranglethorn Vale) He then goes on asking WHERE IT IS. His first few guesses where: "Isn't that where the Night elves start out?","North of stormswinds?", ands my favorite: "OHHH! its that place where ragnaros is!" I immediately put him on ignore and cried for a few hours.

It's a shame older content is forgotten, or even not known be high end people, and how they reply like "lol l2life nub" if we know all this...

Anyways, my ranting is over, any comments/stories you would like to share?

Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

Re: when content is forgotten...

Personally, I'm planning on leveling right past the Sunken Temple and Blackrock Depths. I don't have time in my average day to tank those dungeons.
    Dranei Ultra-Nationalist and Mac'Aree Patriot

I can only agree its a shame... but now and then i group up with my friends and we go play around in the old raids.

Deleted

...sadly, ignorance is not restricted to just WoW. In WoW you just see reflections of people's stupidity in real life. When people today think that Sherlock Holmes really existed but Winston Churchill was a fictional character, that Leonardo and Michelangelo are mutant turtles, and that Beethoven is a dog, things are seriously wrong in more than one ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightsource
    I can only agree its a shame... but now and then i group up with my friends and we go play around in the old raids.
    Yeah, that's what I am trying to do, seeing as a lot of old content will be de-constructed.
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

Most people havent even done Naxxramas or Ulduar these days it feels like. So dont expect people to know what ZG is tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret
    ...sadly, ignorance is not restricted to just WoW. In WoW you just see reflections of people's stupidity in real life. When people today think that Sherlock Holmes really existed but Winston Churchill was a fictional character, that Leonardo and Michelangelo are mutant turtles, and that Beethoven is a dog, things are seriously wrong in more than one ways.
    lol'd at this one

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolicious
    Most people havent even done Naxxramas or Ulduar these days it feels like. So dont expect people to know what ZG is tbh.
    Did you read the whole post? He didn't even know where STV was...

No, I am not being an hard-ass-nerd on these people, but it gets sad to know that what was once top-of-the-tier raiding, is now a "What's that?" to most.
    Best of 5 years!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Articman
    Yeah, that's what I am trying to do, seeing as a lot of old content will be de-constructed.
    Gawd, that's something I had forgotten about... With Rag coming back I guess MC disappears as an Instance just like Naxx 40 did? Or do they have the entrance at the same place and use the excuse that the Cataclysm has drastically altered the zone and unleashed more powerful creatures etc etc etc?

And yes, old zones are being forgotten. Which is sad because so many of them have such great design and really do make TBC and WOTLK instances look pale in comparison. Especially the 5 mans.
    "The further a society drifts from the truth the more it will hate those who speak it" - George Orwell

Nice 'Yesterday' cover, lol!
    Best of 5 years!

When content is forgotten, achievements are added. The content is then recycled until I get the damn achievement, and I can ignore it forevermore

Quote Originally Posted by Arthurian
    Gawd, that's something I had forgotten about... With Rag coming back I guess MC disappears as an Instance just like Naxx 40 did? Or do they have the entrance at the same place and use the excuse that the Cataclysm has drastically altered the zone and unleashed more powerful creatures etc etc etc?
    probably having rocks covering the instance entrance. Then, eight months later, OH LOOK FREE EPICKS AND RE-USED CONTENT WITH DIFFERENT SKINS!

That argument is for another thread all together though.
    Best of 5 years!

It's a shame that most people never knew the epicness of the old raids. I'm actually a pretty frequent visitor to them though. I usually farm for the monuts in Zg, and MC mats go for a lot on the AH.
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US

do you really rage about people, who didnt play wow 4 years ago?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by veltins
    do you really rage about people, who didnt play wow 4 years ago?
    How is ignoring raging?

I don't know... the nostalgia is great and everything, but does everyone remember throwing yourself at MC/BWL/AQ for hours and hours and hours a week, just to see loot drop for a class that wasn't there? Trying to mash together 40 people at the same times, every week, to grind the same content?

Not to say the dungeons weren't well done, because they were. But I myself am not too upset to never set foot in those again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali
    Healers ARE held to a high standard, they're just also held to the healer motto: "We can't heal stupid".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5QFvMuO-8Q

Granted that is a tad dated and more involves forgotten PvP, but it's somewhat relevant to the topic at hand. A good watch too. :'(
    "Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." - Dr. Suess

Yeah, like, when I engage in a conversation with younger computer geeks, they're like "whatta hell is a dial-up modem".. Real shame that the once high-end equipment is now something of the unknown..
    Stormreaver.EU

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherPaladin
    It's a shame that most people never knew the epicness of the old raids. I'm actually a pretty frequent visitor to them though. I usually farm for the monuts in Zg, and MC mats go for a lot on the AH.
    Mmmmm monuts..... Also when content is forgotten, Blizz just blows it up. =D