Ceramic Moonkin Figure

So, before the week before spring break my laptop got electrocuted and died, so I was without WoW for a week. So what did I do? Spent a little extra time in the Ceramics room, that's what!
    I made a Moonkin out of clay in a fairly short amount of time, and slipped and glazed him later. I think he turned out rather well, and just wanted to share him with you guys. ;D I can't figure out how to link so the image without it being huge, so he's a front: http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/x...moonkin004.jpg
    and a back: http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/x...moonkin006.jpg

As you can tell I play Alliance. :P It would've been cute to do a pair I think, but by then I was home on break with a shiny new computer.

Re: Ceramic Moonkin Figure

the bird is the word.

AAWWWWW SUH CUUUUUUTEEEEE
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahippo View Post
    We are gunna use some dust brown to paint some happy little tornados here, and one more here. Then we are going to use some white to paint happy little wind blasts here. Just dab the brush along the base of al akir, and there you have it. THE GAYEST FIGHT EVER

Awh, I miss having a ceramics class and all the different glazes. The combination you used on his horns looks awesome! ^^

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

Very good job! Though to be honest not a huge fan of the glazes you used, but they work very well for the boomkin!

Now, mass produce, and start your own WoW ceramic store
    "For if men needed speech in order to learn to think, they had a still greater need for knowing how to think in order to discover the art of speaking"

i started work on a ceramic kil'jaeden in my ceramics class, but some idiot bumped into it and knocked it off my table while i was glazing. i wanted to take one of the shards and stab the kid in the eye.
    Quote Originally Posted by yaij9841
    you used the term parry gib... which is a myth

Quote Originally Posted by TheNarwhal
    i started work on a ceramic kil'jaeden in my ceramics class, but some idiot bumped into it and knocked it off my table while i was glazing. i wanted to take one of the shards and stab the kid in the eye.
    I was forging a dagger in my welding class (we play around with a forge occasionally) and some idiot actually got me in the back with a red hot piece of steel. Burned a hole clean through my shirt, and I'd assume there's a scar, even though I don't look at my back very often.

Some people don't belong in shop-type classes.

Awesome boomkin, btw. Almost makes me want to finish my metal prot pally.

10+ Year Old Account

So cute. Make me a little Illidan!

I'm so bad at sculpting.=/

Aww it's so cute

I made a moonkin a while back out of Sculpey, but it was in my purse on the floor of the car during a road trip and when I got up for a much needed pee break, in my haste, I stepped on him ;_;. Broke his beak, foot and I think I cracked his neck.

Was going to try to repair him, but the car got into an accident and he was lost.

pre-painting and mid for the ability to see detail without the glare >>; ..

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/p...g?t=1272513224

http://s395.photobucket.com/albums/p...t=100_0455.jpg

Anywho, here he is, all finished up.

was trying to keep him simple to see how fast I could do it, which is why there isn't much detail in it and he's just got blue simple eyes XD .

Been thinking about doing another one out of Premo! and smaller to use as a real keychain.

What kind of paint did you use? I think it gives it a nice matte kind of feel even if it is glazed . Or .. is it the glaze that does that? I don't know much about ceramics and the like, I'm a hobby artist, never taken classes or anything so I don't know much unless I read it online lol.

hate how it looks in pictures though after painting it, causes a lot of glare and I'm terrible at taking pictures, so what feathering there is to it is lost XD rofl.

Any tips on how to take a better picture for any of you photo goers out there >>?

Any by the way, you should all go get some clay! It's fun and easy and you can only get better :]! Gogo, do it naaaaaow.

Deleted

Aaaw, cute good job

10+ Year Old Account

Awesome ;D