10+ Year Old Account

Resto Shaman Haste Hard cap is it worth it?

Anyone got clue is it worth it going from soft cap to hard cap in haste (1269 to 1400)? been thinking it few days and havent found any related threads, seen few ppl from HC raiding guilds shammies aim for 1.4k haste , so wondering should i start aiming for it myself alsoso curious about this
    "Veni, vidi, vici"

"I came, I saw, I conquered"

Re: Resto Shaman Haste Hard cap is it worth it?

what?

10+ Year Old Account

to stack haste even more after the soft cap till reaching hard cap....( 1269 to 1400 ish)
    "Veni, vidi, vici"

"I came, I saw, I conquered"

definition: hard cap of haste is when your slowest spell hits 1sec casting time, for shamans thats chainheal

you can calculate this at http://milamber.ch/spellhastecap.html

with 5% totem and 3% aura you need 4301 haste on gear to get CH to 1sec
    with BL and those buffs you need 2549 haste to get CH to 1sec
    with BL and a speedpot and those buffs you need 2052 haste to get CH to 1sec

so its true that more haste beyond 1400 is always better and more throughput. in conclusion:
    its definitely worth it if

1. you're a CH spamming raidhealer
    2. you dont go oom after 1min

the thing is, current gear does not allow for more than 1400-1500 haste (and im talking full 277 bis gear with all 20haste gems and the LK25hc scepter of terenas) without gimping other stats or making you go oom.

hope this helps

I'm wondering where people keep getting this "hard cap is 1400" stuff from.

I don't think it exists. To lower the GCD from 1.5 to 1 second, it takes 1269 haste rating. Any more than that will benefit your chain heal and healing wave spells.

If you spend most of your time chain healing, I don't see any reason you shouldn't go over that soft cap. As a tank healer though, it's pointless.

What I don't understand is, if the soft cap is 1269 haste BUFFED, why are we going up to 1269 on our profiles? I am at 46.58% without any raid buffs. That tells me my LHW will be at 1 second even with around 700-800 haste.

The soft haste cap for resto shamans is 1269 haste rating (38.7%). On your character sheet (without raid buffs), you approach the soft haste cap at about 30%. The soft haste cap refers to the amount of haste needed to lower the GCD from 1.5 seconds to 1.0 seconds. No amount of haste (including Heroism or Bloodlust) will reduce the GCD below 1.0 seconds. It is called a soft cap because additional haste rating will reduce the cast time of longer spells, such as Chain Heal.

Source: http://elitistjerks.com/f47/t24796-s...#ixzz0mVJ0qoEH

Quote Originally Posted by Jenerena
    I don't think it exists. To lower the GCD from 1.5 to 1 second, it takes 1269 haste rating. Any more than that will benefit your chain heal and healing wave spells.

If you spend most of your time chain healing, I don't see any reason you shouldn't go over that soft cap. As a tank healer though, it's pointless.

What I don't understand is, if the soft cap is 1269 haste BUFFED, why are we going up to 1269 on our profiles? I am at 46.58% without any raid buffs. That tells me my LHW will be at 1 second even with around 700-800 haste.
    1269 on your character sheet, plus raid buffs, is what is required to cap GCD at 1 second.

You need 50% haste to cap GCD.

Deleted

You want to keep stacking haste to speed you your Astral Recall...

Seriously though you'll struggle to get too far beyond 1269 - in a poor attempt at a BiS list I got myself to 1330 haste. In actual BiS I think we could hit just over 1400 haste. Which I guess is what people mean by the "hard cap".

Personally I like to make sure I have at least 35% crit unbuffed while stacking my haste. If I can keep my CH's around 1.7 I'm happy, I think with my current gear its like 1.71 before ret pally/boomkin buff.

Keep stacking haste but dont gimp your SP or Crit too much imo

I know where they are gettting the 1,400 crap. They are thinking that because 1400 ArP = 100% that it is the same with ALL stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyetotem
    I know where they are gettting the 1,400 crap. They are thinking that because 1400 ArP = 100% that it is the same with ALL stats.
    LOL <3

On topic: I'm on 1200 or so, and it works fine. I'm staying there
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier10101
    Yep, humans went around in those days casting balls of nature and stars at each other, and healing each other on the battlefield with thrown leaves.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

15+ Year Old Account

yeah i sit somewhere above the soft haste cap as resto. unfortunately the best heals in the toolbook won't be needing to be hasted much. LHW is pretty much 1 second at this point and HW after a riptide is just as fast.

the only thing that made me wonder is if it matters if my LHW and stuff clip? is that going to cause someone to die? i like to keep balanced stats, anyway.

the only reason anyone would want more haste than the softcap is for chain heal and that model of healing will pretty much be abolished come Cata with healing rains and all. between healing rains, AA, CH and healing stream, not seeing much more need for AOE healing effectiveness for the reigning champs of AOE healing.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos
    the only reason anyone would want more haste than the softcap is for chain heal and that model of healing will pretty much be abolished come Cata with healing rains and all. between healing rains, AA, CH and healing stream, not seeing much more need for AOE healing effectiveness for the reigning champs of AOE healing.
    So let me understand this while your healing rain is healing your gunna sit ther and wait for the 10 second cooldown to come off. Man you must be a seriously good healer do u generally keep your raid up with riptide hot on 1 person and just sit ther till its off cd again? man seriously sometimes i wonder if people actually play wow
    (Q: Is Healing Rain channeled? A: No, it's not a channeled spell.)

Even in cata haste will be a good a stat faster heals, so if your can maintain your mana or have have a spare innervate in your raid that other healers that have prio arnt using take it and heal your ass off no point sitting ther twidling your thumbs pump out the max you can dont finish a fight with over 30% of your mana or your doing it wrong.

It basically comes down to can you afford the other stat loss and still maintain your mana over a full duration of a fight.