So I really need help with my healing...

Ok, holy is NOT my main spec, but tanks are not needed on my server :'(. I'm currently 15/24 on her as healing in my 10 man, and I need help. I usually pull 2nd on heals there, below a tree above a disc priest. I don't have the numbers for my 10 man, but I do for a 25 man pug that runs weekly. What I need to know is what I can do about my gems/gearing/spec/glyphs/whatever else you can do to help. I feel like my healing is not anywhere where it needs to be.

Me:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Circle&n=lexxe

My combat logs:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/eurojykuz9d418ty/

My healing style:
    I beacon tank b, heal tank a(who has my sacred shield). When I heal, I generally keep holy shock on cooldown the entire time, and flash heal and use holy light when I'm expecting alot of damage/when a tank is taking the predicted hits.

I've heard ZOMFG SPAM HOLY LIGHT for healing, but I simply cannot do that. I go out of mana far too quickly. I could stack mp5, but Int will give me FAR more mp5 through the replenishment that I have. As it is, If I don't manage my cooldowns I will run oom before I know it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: So I really need help with my healing...

A few things to start off, Ilvl 200 libram is bis get it.
    The sp/mp5 head/should enchants are better get them.
    Stop gemming for sp/crit and sp/mp5. If anything sp/int and int/mp5.
    The abacus you have is pretty terrible for pally healing. I'd suggest getting the 5 man reg toc or if you're lazy the 245 int badges one.
    About your mana problems, a solace would really help, sliver with it's 2 min cd is ALOT less mp5.

Edit
    Keeping HS on cd is not reccomended. use it when moving.

1) Mp5 Rep head / shoulder enchants
    2) Drop the Abacus
    3) Get the algalon 10 trinket, solace, or resurgence
    4) Please dear god and sunny jesus if the item drops in ICC ESPECAILLY IF IT'S HEROIC please put epic gems in it
    5) Get a new shield, from ToC, marrowgar, or sindragosa
    6) Switch 24 crit to a run speed enchant
    7) Enchant your bracers with intellect, not spirit
    8) Use the intellect flask from TBC, not frost wyrm
    9) Consider putting 30 intellect on a new weapon, some people do it, some don't.
    10) STOP. USING. HOLY. SHOCK. (I mean, if you're moving or something....even then it's iffy.)

I suggest firstly getting the triumph trinket and the algalon10 trinket (if obtainable).
    you are low on int, so you'll need more to guarantee enough regen.

don't use crit/mp5 gear, ever.
    seriously, never ever use it.
    you want either mp5/haste or crit/haste

grab the emblem of heroism libram first, that is your BiS libram, period.

beyond that it's pretty much OK, don't spam HL because you have to cast, if theres no/low damage, FoL will suffice to top people.
    keep beacon up on the tank that will take the most damage, because you will be raidhealing a lot as well to keep casts rolling.
    also judging on CD helps keep the judgement effect on, and also gives you additional mp5. (SoW proccing from it)
    always use CDs with plea (wings, triumph trinket, d.illum) and try to time it on non crucial moments.

that should atleast help you a bit, good luck

As a former tank you should have a general awareness of when to HL and when you can sort of "idle" with FoL.

Just keep people up with FoL and then cast the big heals in a predictive manner when you know the tanks are going to take the biggest damage.

Those same times when you would blow a cool down as a tank are the same times you want to spam holy light.

People use the term "HL Spammer" but that's not really how people heal. People emphasize the use of HL over FoL and gear accordingly.

About your mana problems, a solace would really help, sliver with it's 2 min cd is ALOT less mp5.
    Obvious Troll is Obvious...
    Do the maths before actually putting that out, it goes out into what would resemble of the most like 2 mp5 difference, which is not ALOT
    Kunglight of Fractured - EU Twisting Nether
    Current progress 12/12 NM 1/12 HC

First things 1st, Id like to recommend to the rate the holy paladin above you thread, I dont think the forums need many more "What am I doing wrong" threads, but your question did ask about healing style etc as well so meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Misux
    Do the maths before actually putting that out, it goes out into what would resemble of the most like 2 mp5 difference, which is not ALOT
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-pa...et-comparsion/
    says hi
    If used on CD H sliver vs N solace, solace is about 40 mp5 ahead. How about YOU stop being the obvious troll.

Anyways down to business.
    LEts start with armory:
    1)Mp5>Crit, replace those enchants on head/shoulders, read one of the stickies in the archive to know why.
    2)Althors is horrible,horrible, horrible for paladins. DRuid/shamans/priests benefit alot more from it.
    3)You have 27 SP and a rare gem in your back why? 23 haste+Epic gem
    4)If youre going OOM, the ilvl 200 libram of renewal from heroism badges is best. Its basically an extra HL every 10(QUite good )
    5)You have some weird as gems like 12 SP 10 crit. If anything, 12 SP 10 INT. Crit is our worst stat bar SP and spirit(lol?) ever since 3.2. Also, use either a single NMT OR 1x 12 SP 10 int gem+5 mp5 10 int gem.
    6)IF you can, buy belt of the blood nova from saurfang 25. It's better than your current one, BiS till H if im not wrong(Or are one of the H 10 belts better...Ill have to check :-\)

Now then...
    HS on CD is bad. You dont want to. Its an inefficient spell if you take amount healed divided by mana cost. Only use it when you need to OMG MUST HEAL NOW or when youre moving.
    HL is best for throughput and healing. Dont overly spam it, know when to use it. It should comprise of a large part of your healing(If you include BeOL that is. WoL shows BeOL heals seperately). FoL is very insignificant, use during low damage phases and stuff like PP P1.
    And tanks arent needed on your server?Transfer to BR IMO. XTC needs tanks
    I guess I'm back? Sighhhh....

I guess I should clarify a bit better. I do have mana issues if I don't pay attention. If I use my cooldowns appropriately, I'm fine on mana(during Lich King I don't go oom until the third phase OMFGWTF HOLY LIGHT EVERYWHERE I do go OOM because, lets face it, holy light spaming non stop is inefficient).

As for the enchants, I'll be changing them asap. The non-epic gems are there because they were either a new upgrade and I didn't have the gems on me(I don't carry around any King's Ambers, off spec is off spec) and I'm replacing them as I can. The spellpower/crit gems were actually there because I purchased the wrong pattern and learned it before I knew it, and, well, I'm bad about dailies... As for the Spell Power/mp5 gems... I have no idea what I was thinking...

Anyways, thanks for the advice, from what I see from your comments, its my gems being upgraded to the correct ones/all epic, a couple of enchants, and quite obviously my shield.

My shield is annoying. I'm completing hard modes with a ilvl 200 shield... I've had absolutely no luck on it. I've done Sindragosa I think 2 or 3 times now without the shield dropping, Marrowgar more than a few times and haven't had it drop(even when I subbed my paladin for my shaman in my main 25 where that shield drops ALL THE FREAKING TIME). I've run ToC probably every week since it was released, minus a few times recently, and I've never seen either shield drop while I was in there on my paladin... I have bad luck with shields. However, every paladin and shaman in my main 25 man has that shield for main spec, off spec, off off spec, and we have disenchanted probably 5-7 of them.

toc25 gdkp for an upgrade until your better shield drops.

You could also go after KT in naxx25 for the Voice of Reason. Haven't done KT in forever but I doubt it takes anywhere near 25 people anymore and you can skip content I believe.

XT 10N for a pulsing spellshield

Hodir 10H for the Ice Layered Barrier.

Just wait til the weekly is ulduar and ask some guildmates to hit a few extra targets for you.

Really? I mean really? The math is not even close. Even the 264 version of the trinket doesn't even come close the the 245 solace. Not to mention that is assuming that with Sliver you are timing it 100% on CD. Solace is passive which is pro.

EDIT: Just realized forcelink beat me to the punch. well done bro /cheers.
    Xentin
    Damage Control [Suramar-US]

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Aint holy paladin healing just
    /cast Holy Light
    /cast Holy Light
    /cast Holy Light
    /cast Holy Light
    /cast Holy Light

Quote Originally Posted by Téuntjûh
    Aint holy paladin healing just
    /cast Holy Light
    /cast Holy Light
    /cast Holy Light
    /cast Holy Light
    /cast Holy Light
    Ignoring other things like keeping up judgements and beacon and not standing in fires (that's a given)....kinda?

make sure your keeping jol on boss it will increase healing alot if thats what your conserned about
    IM GONNA PUNCH THAT DRAGON IN THE FACE!

Hi mr. troll ^^

that 40 mp5 is assuming its the HEROIC sliver even, the normal is ever less mp5.

But nice try

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Using holy light as your primary spell is the way to go. Mindlessly spamming it will OOM you, but using it most of the time coupled with class abilities (AW+DP, or DI) will alleviate some of that. Meleeing the boss with Judgement of Wisdom is also incredibly helpful. Holy paladins that are never ever in melee range are doing it wrong.

Go to the Helpful Threads stickied topic, find the post about what you're doing wrong as a holy paladin by Firecrest I believe. Learn from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Retcognition
    Go to the Helpful Threads stickied topic, find the post about what you're doing wrong as a holy paladin by Firecrest I believe. Learn from it.
    This thread, I believe, http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-pa...ly%27s-armory/

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

That's the one!