Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I am going to make a prediction...

Holyshock will be the paladin's interrupt in Cataclysm (probably talented via Ret tree).

/discuss

Re: I am going to make a prediction...

no.

Deleted

Didnt they mention something about holy shock might be in conflict with AoW for an spell offensive spell? Doubt it will do Dmg and interrupt. Got a feeling there will be a talent to remove the defensive ability of holy shock (heal) and make it more offensive.

10+ Year Old Account

Unless those talents also increase the Cd by 6 or so seconds I highly doubt that holy shock will become ret's interrupt. Having one on a 6 second Cd seems like it would cause allot of QQ.

Since they are probably giving divine storm the same treatment as whirlwind (having it become a spell we only use for aoe) I can see them giving us talents that reduce the healing and mana cost of holy shock but in turn slightly increase the damage so it becomes our new single target attack.

As far as us getting interrupts go though they will probably tie in something where it either has a crappy long Cd or requires it consume the art of war, I'm hoping for the later & praying it can also cause some sort of spell school lock or its going to be near useless.

Whatever the case may be lets just hope they go for us having less seal damage and more attacks in our arsenal compared to what we have now because the fact that so much of our damage is done passively through seals is what prevents us from getting newer abilities with cool effects.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

They can't possibly be retarded enough to give us an interupt that's on the GCD even for paladins, so no.

Quote Originally Posted by Akando
    Didnt they mention something about holy shock might be in conflict with AoW for an spell offensive spell? Doubt it will do Dmg and interrupt. Got a feeling there will be a talent to remove the defensive ability of holy shock (heal) and make it more offensive.
    If they would make holyshock a nuke that would be great. Because right now it would be lackluster for ret to use it.

They can't possibly be retarded enough to give us an interupt that's on the GCD even for paladins, so no.
    In wrath they said hammer of justice was our interrupt, so yeah they are actually retarded enough to do it.

our interrupt will share cd with HoJ.
    /thread
    These are the wonders at your feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahi
    Shamans have a 6 second CD interrupt, I want one too
    You're right, let's also rename Holyshock to Holyshear! hahahahaha... fine.. don't laugh..
    Banned for sleeping with Elementium's mom.

15+ Year Old Account

My idea was that Holy Shock would be added to the AE rotation of either Ret or Prot. Since they said they wanted to change the way prot tanked, meaning that they wanted less AE abilities in our standard rotation, then some form of Consecrate, HotR, HShock, HShield would account for our AE tanking rotation.

It also makes sense to add it to our DPS AE rotation. Since DS is getting the WW treatment, then some form of DS, HShock, Consecrate, would be our AE dps cycle.

Also remember that the whole AE situation will be different in Cata, there will be fewer fights where all out AE is acceptable. CC is supposedly making its comeback.

As far as HShock being our interrupt, it just doesnt seem like the ability to attach it to. I think it will be a new ability all together.

Lastly, I also hope that the heal on HShock is not completely removed for Prot or Ret. Maybe both could have talents that increase its dmg, but keep its healing power in line with what DS healing does. Not much, but still something. Keeps the utility in Paladin.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

15+ Year Old Account

I think the healing component will stay on HShock- It gives you the choice between healing or damage. What I do see HShock becoming, is a "filler" attack for both Ret and Prot. Why?

• CS is baseline. CS will most likely share a CD with HotR for Prot, and will be buffed for Prot so CS > HotR in terms of Single-target tanking.
    • Less emphasis on AE in a standard rotation. Exorcism will, most likely, be made into a single-target Consecration DoT. This means that HShock would take Exorcism's current place for Ret's FCFS, and serve as a single-target Threat-again for Prot (much like IT for DKs).

It's going to be interesting to see what they do with Holy Shock. I can't imagine Protection Paladins being given a free, short-cooldown Healing Potion/Healthstone

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by KandyCane
    It's going to be interesting to see what they do with Holy Shock. I can't imagine Protection Paladins being given a free, short-cooldown Healing Potion/Healthstone
    The healing for Prot and Ret will be insignificant, I can assure you of that.

In current terms, it would be healing for maybe 2k at most.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark

Exactly. They can easily adjust the numbers so that baseline it's a relatively weak heal. Then give Holy talents to boost the healing, while giving ret or prot (or both) talents to make it a more effective damage spell.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

I wouldn't say that. True that if we were given an ability to self heal based on SP at this point in time, it would not heal much. HOWEVER, if they gave us one, methinks they would toss in a few changes to make the spell work fine (Or make it so the formula the spell uses could get more power from say.. armor or something?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Copain
    I wouldn't say that. True that if we were given an ability to self heal based on SP at this point in time, it would not heal much. HOWEVER, if they gave us one, methinks they would toss in a few changes to make the spell work fine (Or make it so the formula the spell uses could get more power from say.. armor or something?)
    I mean from a view of Cata. Everyone will have 120,000 HP pools, so even if that HShock does heal for 5k, thats only 4% max HP. Now, they COULD make HShock a HoT when used to heal (which I can see having nice use for all 3 specs), which could mean that it could have more overall healing.

Lets not forget the Mana cost- Blizzard has yet to state whether we will be seeing larger mana pools for Prot/Ret.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by KandyCane
    Well, thats just it, it isnt free. Its going to cost mana and a GCD. As Ret, the GCD is what limits our dps, we hit what comes off CD, so the use of a GCD for ret is our main resource for dmg.

As far as Prot goes, we will have to see how it fits into our rotation. While prot has a bit more of a repeatable pattern than Ret does, it is still GCD limited. this is why I think it will be more of an AE tool, along with the way AE is changing in general. Prots tanking rotation will be much different than it is now, I think.

I'd allow it if you couldn't use DS or BoP for the next 15-20 seconds after using it, and it would be unusable with DS on.

fair trade?

Quote Originally Posted by Blooddeity
    Holyshock will be the paladin's interrupt in Cataclysm (probably talented via Ret tree).

/discuss
    And that big move they did to take all interrupts off the GCD and remove their damage component? What about that?

What a waste of a prediction. You make me sad.
    That's just between you, me, and my pal Captain Winky.

15+ Year Old Account

I mean from a view of Cata. Everyone will have 120,000 HP pools, so even if that HShock does heal for 5k, thats only 4% max HP. Now, they COULD make HShock a HoT when used to heal (which I can see having nice use for all 3 specs), which could mean that it could have more overall healing.

Lets not forget the Mana cost- Blizzard has yet to state whether we will be seeing larger mana pools for Prot/Ret.
    Well, we can assume that our base mana will be at least 5 lvls higher, if only from just lvling up. Your first statement is more important, though.

since our HP will be massively larger than current, I would imagin our holy spells will heal for quite alot, even as prot and ret. In todays terms, it will be a lot. With 120k hp, a "health potion" sized heal is not going to be game changing.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Shiggity
    I'd allow it if you couldn't use DS or BoP for the next 15-20 seconds after using it, and it would be unusable with DS on.

fair trade?

Do the same with all Defensive cooldowns with all classes, then.