There WILL be rating Reqs?

From Front Page
    Personal Rating removal on PvP Weapons in Cataclysm
    This is the kind of thing that we're likely to iterate on a lot before Cataclysm and the new PvP season go live, but it will probably be something like those PvP weapons the same ilevel as raid weapons will require no rating but a lot of Conquest points, while those PvP weapons the same ilevel as the HEROIC raid weapons will require a rating of some kind.

We want everyone who is interested in PvP to have a reasonable shot of getting decent gear so they can actually compete. We also want to still offer rewards to those players who are the best of the best at PvP. We don't want everyone just dying their way to the most powerful weapons in the game.

When we've settled on and are ready to talk about ilevels, then it will be easier to have a discussion about actual numbers and not just goals. (Source)
    So am I reading this right? Blizzard agrees with much of the complaints over the last day or so, that just giving the BiS pvp weapons to anyone who sinks enough time is a terrible idea?

Re: There WILL be rating Reqs?

I thought this would happen. Why even have tiered weapons if this wasn't the case?

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account

Thank god,

Except now the people who complained about gear gap at 1800 is going to cry even harder at gear gap at Tier 2 weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981
    I don't believe in observational proof because I have arrived at the conclusion that such a thing doesn't exist.

15+ Year Old Account

I can see it happening, having two Tiers every season, and the higher tier requiring a certain rating.

In other words, everyone will have access to the Lower Tier PvP gear (including Lower Tier weapons) and possibly some of the Upper Tier, however only the truely hardcore PvPers/Arenafags might be able to get say, Upper Tier Weapons and some armour pieces.
    Dreadmaul US Horde - "Dragonsworn of the Bronze Flight"

Quote Originally Posted by wheresmywoft
    Thank god,

Except now the people who complained about gear gap at 1800 is going to cry even harder at gear gap at Tier 2 weapons.
    Exept for the fact that the only difference between the people will be only the weapon, not weapon and 3 set items.

It was obvious that they will keep rating req. for t2 weapons. No surprise at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Direfen
    I can see it happening, having two Tiers every season, and the higher tier requiring a certain rating.

In other words, everyone will have access to the Lower Tier PvP gear (including Lower Tier weapons) and possibly some of the Upper Tier, however only the truely hardcore PvPers/Arenafags might be able to get say, Upper Tier Weapons and some armour pieces.

Aaahw do I smell envy and frustration poor PVE scrub? =(

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

I would love to see, rather than rating, the weapons have to be bought by the new "arena" points and a butt ton of honor. that would be the "low tier" weapon.
    Then do something like how they do with heroic gear upgrades in PvE and you would have to spend more "arena points" and honor to upgrade the weapon.

The reason I think this would work is if they put the right numbers on it, only people with winning arena teams, or winning BG teams would be able to get enough "arena" points to get this high level weapon in any reasonable ammount of time.

just like, in PvE, someone can get really good gear using frost emblems from heroics, it just takes longer than if you're raiding ICC

Quote Originally Posted by Direfen

This but looks like NON-HARDCORE pvpers will still be able to get some PvP weapons..i like the concept of this. I didnt like the rich getting richer...nice to see this happening
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Ratings will still come from rated bg's.

Any scrub in a pvp guild that does premades will still get the ratings and "heroic equivalent" weapons, how's that make you feel? Ustillmadbro?
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

I don’t get this crying, Its simple in PVE if you don’t kill the boss you don’t get loot, in PVP if you aren’t able to get the rating you don’t disserve the epics. How hard can this be to understand? casual nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolgreks
    I don’t get this crying, Its simple in PVE if you don’t kill the boss you don’t get loot, in PVP if you aren’t able to get the rating you don’t disserve the epics. How hard can this be to understand? casual nonsense.
    This is HOW the game is...they are not going to change it...live with it and stop the QQ or GTFO People really need to understand Blizzard is in this to make $$$$$$$ not to cater to hardcore only
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.