Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...

Re: Its the dps's turn

I'd like to point out that to everyone saying that you need dps/heals, this is not true. No one is equal in the dungeon. As a tank I out dps all our our dps just about every pull, they may do a little more on a boss(not usually). I as a tank take no damage in heroics, and any damage taken I can easily heal myself before the next pull.

This is the exact reason I run with friends / guildies usually. They can toss me a heal if the healer is retarded and keep going without me having to stop and heal myself. This is a especially big deal at low levels, healer's don't know what they are doing and just dps away while your dying and then it's just 'oops'.

Quote Originally Posted by tekoix
    I'd like to point out that to everyone saying that you need dps/heals, this is not true. No one is equal in the dungeon. As a tank I out dps all our our dps just about every pull, they may do a little more on a boss(not usually). I as a tank take no damage in heroics, and any damage taken I can easily heal myself before the next pull.

This is the exact reason I run with friends / guildies usually. They can toss me a heal if the healer is retarded and keep going without me having to stop and heal myself. This is a especially big deal at low levels, healer's don't know what they are doing and just dps away while your dying and then it's just 'oops'.
    ^This, as tank I normally do around 5-6k on trash and around 3.5k+ on bosses depending on if my deathbringer's will procs

Quote Originally Posted by waddlez
    I wish you could put GS requirements on tanks for RDF groups
    One of the best tanks I have had in a heroic was a Protection Warrior in quest blues and the odd epic, he was just a joy to watch tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Grguch
    - Holy Shield has no effect what so ever on how much damage a tank takes.

Actually it does, but that's not why paladin tanks use it. And it's only helpful if the mobs are hitting you, not if its hitting a dps.

i kind of find it funny how this happend in my guild a month or so back. we were doin icc 25 and killed saurfang. 2 protectors tocken drop. i being a fury warrior said that i wanted to roll on it. its usually open rolls. the RL goes healers and tanks have priority on those. me not the arguing type hushes up and waits his turn. well... come festergut pre 5% buff tanks and healers are already geard to hell due to the priority of their spec. DPS is not there guys were just gonna call it for tonight. i whisper the RL and say, "so how bout that tank and heals have super priority over dps. looks like were of some importance too. next time add that into your loot thought process." he repies back saying ur right and its goign to be looked at.

now i feel that a raid should have tanks get priority on the first few but not untill they are full sanc i mean cmon there should be line to were dps and tanks and healers need to be thought of as one. DPS is a huge thing now adays with the short enrage timers soft enrages and fights being drawn out too long where healers go oom. then what does the RL say? DPS step it up its going very slow. my counter to that is make loot even between everyone because DPS has a major role like it or not.

flame on.

Good dps never complains about a tank/healer. They adapt to the situation.

That pretty much sums up the people in this thread, right?

Quote Originally Posted by tekoix
    . As a tank I out dps all our our dps just about every pull, they may do a little more on a boss(not usually).
    what kind of mouth breathers do you run with? i'd have 4k over you overall and 8k over you on a boss fight not strokin just sayin :P
    http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z49/rchmarkert_2007/Signatures/cpt.jpg

15+ Year Old Account

This is getting too much into a flame war, and I'm tired of getting rid of posts to keep it clean.

Locking now.