Crusader Strike in Cata

Since tank weapons are so fast, Blizz makes it so Hammer of the Righteous assumes your wep has a speed of 2.5. That got me thinking about how every spec of pally will have Crusader Strike in Cata but for healers and tanks it will kinda suck if they make it based on the weps actual dmg. Imagine a Crusader Strike from a holy pally with a spell dmg wep...oh noes it crit me for 1k! Or a tank, similar story. If Blizz is planning on implementing it for every spec there should at least be talents in Holy/Prot that regulate the weapon dmg/speed so the spell doesn't feel completely terrible with a fast/and or caster weapon equipped.

Re: Crusader Strike in Cata

Quote Originally Posted by Rabian
    Since tank weapons are so fast, Blizz makes it so Hammer of the Righteous assumes your wep has a speed of 2.5.
    Where are you getting this information?

Being a baseline spell doesn't mean it's supposed to be used by every spec.

Quote Originally Posted by mudminer
    Where are you getting this information?
    This came out like a year ago in patch 3.0.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido
    Blizz is giving CS to all specs to 1) give prots a way to tank bosses w/o having to aoe as much and 2) give holy another spell to lvl/grind with so they don't feel the need to lvl as ret or prot 3) make lvling easier before 50. However, the first two points are gonna blow unless Blizz buffs CS's dmg for specs other than ret.

CS was made baseline to simply make pally leveling less boring. Before you could get it, all you did was Judge + Auto Attack.

It is only being given to low levels because paladins have maybe 2 attacks to use until like lvl 50.(obviously just throwing out numbers) But seriously low level paladins have shit for attacks. It will still be primarily a ret ability, although I wouldn't put it past them making it effective for prot in a single target situation.

Quote Originally Posted by coltsown
    It is only being given to low levels because paladins have maybe 2 attacks to use until like lvl 50.(obviously just throwing out numbers) But seriously low level paladins have shit for attacks.
    I know. I leveled my paladin prot because reckoning at least made me feel like I was doing something.

Also keep in mind that Holy Shock is being made baseline as well.

You don't know how the Paladin tanking rotation is going to be, though they did mention they want to add another cooldown and that they want paladins to have different rotations for aoe and single-target. Easy way to do that is to make hammer of righteous less effective at single-target but keeping it's riduclous cleave and make crusader strike with an additional threat. The strike itself doesn't have to do huge gobs of damage for blizz to make it a tanking tool, just give it a higher threat modifier. A change like that won't necessarily take away the desire to do more threat with a slow weapon, but without drastic changes to the pallies you probably won't have to worry. Sure some might abuse it to do huge gobs of threat at a loss of survivability, but it's not like other classes can't abuse some of their high threat abilities. I'm not gonna lie, on my DK on a boss on most heroics I'll just open up with two icy touches, blood tap cast a third, blood strike, use empoewr rune weapon and cast 3 more icy touches and just sit on my ass the rest of the fight.

As people have mentioned it's to make levelling a pally less boring. As a pally pre-50 you judge, consecrate, exorcism (even without an art of war proc because you can't wait for it) and you sit on your ass and wait for the mob to die. Maybe if you're lucky you'll get to judge again, probably not consecrate though cause you'll run out of mana, and you definitely won't be exorcising again because of it's ridiculous cd. Eventually you can add hammer of wrath into the mix but it's really not all that useful for a levelling pally, once a mob goes below 15% itl'l usually die between gcds or drop so low that if you had just waited the next auto-attack would've killed it. At that point it becomes a waste of mana.

Either way if it becomes a part of the single-target tanking rotation or not, it'll obviously not simply do it's base-weapon damage because if it did people just wouldn't use it choosing to stick with Hammer if it remains unchanged, and there isn't room to add another cd unless some of the cd timers are changed on their abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabian
    Since tank weapons are so fast, Blizz makes it so Hammer of the Righteous assumes your wep has a speed of 2.5.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWhead.com
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=53595
    Hammer the current target and up to 2 additional nearby targets, causing 4 times your main hand damage per second as Holy damage.
    causing 4 times your main hand damage per second as Holy damage.
    causing 4 times your main hand damage per second
    your main hand damage per second
    damage per second
    [b]damage per second
    Hammer of the Righteous is independent of weapon speed. As far as I know slow tanking weapons are more favourable to Tankadins now due to Vengeance x5 hits.

Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

15+ Year Old Account

A few things to note.

1. Pally tanking will be different in Cata, no doubt. So everything is really speculation, including my thoughts.
    2. If we have a rotation where CS is going to be used, and I think we will, its going to be a single target threat monster.
    3. Dont forget about our Mastery. Vengeance will increase our dmg while tanking. So that our dmg scales better. I imagine CS dmg, and therefore threat, will be more than acceptable as prot.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.