Addon reprogramming help.

I need some help reprogramming an addon. its an addon that give me info of what kind of spell the player in the raid died of. Its called Fatality if someone knows about it.

So what i want:
    Currently, i managed to rewrite it so the text is posted in Officer only, but its annoying on whipes cause it spams. So what i want is that its posted in the Chatbox, but only so i can see it.

Like this macro i have:
    /run ChatFrame1:AddMessage(format("Avoidance with Stoneskin Gargoyle: %.2f%%", GetDodgeChance() + GetParryChance() + 6 + 1/(0.0625 + 0.956/(floor(GetCombatRatingBonus(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL))*0.04))))

This shows in the chatbox but only for me to see.

So i want the addon to do the same.
    Here is some of the addon LUA (the part that is about where to post the text)

ocal DELAY = 0 -- seconds between each announcement (default: 0)
    local LIMIT = 10 -- number of deaths to report per combat session (default: 10)
    local OUTPUT = "OFFICER" -- announcement channel (default: "OFFICER")
    local CHANNEL_NAME = "cname" -- name of the channel to report to (note: OUTPUT must be set to "CHANNEL")
    local TIMESTAMP = false -- toggle timestamps. true = on / false = off (default: false)
    local TIMESTAMP_FORMAT = "%X" -- timestamp format. see http://www.lua.org/pil/22.1.html for more info (default: "%X")
    local OVERKILL = true -- toggle overkill. true = on / false = off (default: true)
    local RAID_ICONS = true -- toggle raid icons. true = on / false = off (default: true)

So i guess under local OUTPUT = "OFFICER" is there something should be added.

EDIT: I think i found a possible solutoin. By making my own channel that only i see and add it to the LUA, but i guess if someone know how to get it like i wanted, you can post it cause it can be usefull for others )
    80 Death Knight
    80 Rogue
    80 Priest

Re: Addon reprogramming help.

Make a chat channel called such as [8.SafetissFatality]

local OUTPUT = "CHANNEL"
    local CHANNEL_NAME = "SafetissFatality"

edit: I fail.
    \o\ \o> \o/ <o/ /o/
    Quote Originally Posted by Falric
    This pear... so delicious...
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzro
    Ugh, do they have English/American call centres or are they Indian?
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Twisting+Nether&cn=Gravion

Quote Originally Posted by Gravion
    Make a chat channel called such as [8.SafetissFatality]

local OUTPUT = "CHANNEL"
    local CHANNEL_NAME = "SafetissFatality"

edit: I fail.
    Yea i was thinking that :P lol I wrote it in between raid whiping

Oh and btw, Safetiss is not my character name, its a tissue brand wich means "Safe dick" in Norwegian
    80 Death Knight
    80 Rogue
    80 Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Safetiss
    Yea i was thinking that :P lol I wrote it in between raid whiping

Oh and btw, Safetiss is not my character name, its a tissue brand wich means "Safe dick" in Norwegian
    Nice, lmao. Could even make a channel with your guild name and tell anyone who wants to see the deaths to join it, that way they can't complain that it spams too much
    \o\ \o> \o/ <o/ /o/
    Quote Originally Posted by Falric
    This pear... so delicious...
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzro
    Ugh, do they have English/American call centres or are they Indian?
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Twisting+Nether&cn=Gravion

You can also change the following lines, and It should just print them into your normal chat window (with it only being yourself). This assumes you have the most recent version which is on Curse (v1.1.2)

Replace line 91:
    Code:
    				SendChatMessage(candidates[destGUID]["dMessage"], OUTPUT, nil, GetChannelName(CHANNEL_NAME))
    with
    Code:
    				Print(candidates[destGUID]["dMessage"])
    and Replace line 97:
    Code:
    				SendChatMessage(instakill:format(tstamp, destMark, destName, "Unknown"), OUTPUT, nil, GetChannelName(CHANNEL_NAME))
    with
    Code:
    				Print(instakill:format(tstamp, destMark, destName, "Unknown"))

I'm not 100% sure since I didn't even know about the addon till like 5 mins ago, but I think that'll work Let me know.

-Bru