Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mage vs. disc priest 1v1

Just say what you think from your personal experience.

Re: Mage vs. disc priest 1v1

That full cd's of arcane mage gonna be dispelled hard.

Quote Originally Posted by quotafriendlymovies
    That full cd's of arcane mage gonna be dispelled hard.
    that goes both ways

Quote Originally Posted by Panoramixe View Post
    Internet explorer, burn it.

A good disc priest can pretty much solo any class.

Dispel trumps Spellsteal IMHO. Disc can't always put out massive damage but it can chip away pretty easily while keeping oneself healed pretty well. This is a fun comparison because so many tricks are countered by the other, but I'm going with disc.

Frost mage vs. disc priest

Frost or Disc

When I was still arcane on my mage I always beat disc priests in 1v1s, but that was when furious gear was the shit so dunno about now :P

Depends on what you mean by "win". I refer you to OrangeMarmalade as an example. They were in a stalemate, but the mage "won" based on damage done. So... if by "win" you mean who will die first? as with any other class combos, the player behind the character tends to make the difference.

TL;DR

Yes, or 42
    [CENTER]

Any good disc priest is gonna mana burn the arc mage, fear/purge when hes going on the offensive. Mana burn is 150% effective on the mage with mana shield (the damage part of mana burn gets absorbed by mana shield, draining mana)

the only real burst arc is gonna get out is from sheep>ab>pom-ab>abarr. That means that the mage is spamming spellsteal to dispelll the priests buffs. Arc really has no survivability that a priest cannot counter.

The disc priest is at a solid advantage
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxix
    $15/month, I'M 14 I DO WUT I WANT, I WANNA HAVE A BABY, MAH BABY GUNNA LUV ME

I typically beat my disc priest 3's partner, but it's usually pretty close. I can keep him locked down for long periods of time with polymorph, which helps a tremendous amount. It is really hard to burst him down without cd's though.

Slowing then nuking his shadowfiend tends to win it, though

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Frost mage vs. disc priest

equally skilled and geared? the disc priest. mana burn spam hurts when you have to choose between interrupting that or letting them spam heal. your job should be to put out enough pressure so mana burn isn't an option, but with equal gear and skill, the edge goes to the priest.
    BfA Beta Time

Fire mage vs disc priest

Fire mage cookie cutter pvp spec vs equally geared/skilled disc priest?

Remember, the edge is just that: an edge.

Theres still plenty of spell combos a frost mage can pull out on a disc priest.

Realistically speaking, you can still beat a disc priest if you find out which CD he reacts with PS with (most its with MI, or if your arcane, AP).

I prefer to cast MI defensively when dueling priests. they're VERY good at helping with turtling.

Re: Fire mage vs disc priest

sheep, steal his buffs, burn him to the ground. steal ps when he pops it and they're easysauce. same as every mage pvp spec.

Quote Originally Posted by coolcatchris
    sheep, steal his buffs, burn him to the ground. steal ps when he pops it and they're easysauce. same as every mage pvp spec.

You've fought some bad priests then

the good ones wont let you get near them for your AOEs. You'll get manaburned like crazy, then when your oom. he'll drop start dropping damage from the shadow school. all while healing thru your slow casts and low crit chances (resil ruins fire, true story)

Fire mages are best off against Melee, barring subtlety rogues which have a chance against them.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by coolcatchris
    spellsteal pain suppression...good idea. don't mind the 90% dispel protection it gets when used. without reliable control and damage protection, the disc priest would destroy the fire mage.
    BfA Beta Time

Bump.

Bump

Bump again...

Deleted

Stop bumping these please , an arcane mage isn't a good solo pvp class for the reasons mentioned in the resto druid thread , they lack a stun and a healing debuff meaning they wont get a lot done unless they are lucky with a Counter-Spell.