Thread: Sindragosa

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Sindragosa

Quote Originally Posted by Pastor
    Basically, you get a de-buff from the boss that stacks every time you hit the boss, go past 5 stacks and you are likely going to die. The way to get this de-buff off is typically to stop attacking at 4 or 5 stacks and wait for it to drop off (it adds a stack and refreshes it's full duration if you attack while the de-buff is on you)
    Just dps until 5 seconds before the pull, then clos. Even on hardmode taking 8 stacks while standing still is not a problem for healers, but you don't want to be running from the pull with high stacks.

On hardmode I'd still be resetting at 4-5 because there is a shitload of damage coming in
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Here's how I work the sindragosa fight as combat for phase 1 anyways

Normal Evis rotation
    AR + BF
    Hit till 8 Stacks.
    Cloak of Shadows
    Hit till 4-5 Stacks (depends on how comfortable your healers are)
    Fient
    Suck in ability
    Hit till 4-5 Stacks (healer dependent)
    Fient
    Airphase
    Repeat.

Don't know if anyone has a better rotation.

I am the worst rogue on my server, but lest I am having fun .

Quote Originally Posted by Tantus

Normal Evis rotation
    AR + BF
    Hit till 8 Stacks.
    Cloak of Shadows
    Hit till 4-5 Stacks (depends on how comfortable your healers are)
    Fient
    Suck in ability
    Hit till 4-5 Stacks (healer dependent)
    Fient
    Airphase
    Repeat.

Don't know if anyone has a better rotation.
    Assuming we're talking about 25 hardmode. I save AR+BF for tomb phase, pop tricks+KS on the tank right away (they can use the help in frost res gear) and then do normal rotation until 5 sec before the pull and clos (I usually have 8-9 stacks at that point), by the time I get pulled I have maybe a stack or two. After the explosion I just do normal rotation and end up with 6-7 stacks when she lifts off. Rinse and repeat.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tantus

Normal Evis rotation
    AR + BF
    Energy regen and haste have no synergy. All you're doing is serving to energy cap yourself even worse than AR likes to do anyway. Open with BF+speed pot+KS, or pre-pot, bf+KS.

Feint
    Or you could just rely on your healers to heal you like they should anyway and not waste dps. Don't get me started on feint. I'm sure if you went and read the "tips and tricks" thread you'd get an ear full (eye full?)

I have a tendency to be nice to my healers as I am in a rather casual guild (dead people do no DPS). Whilst I think my healers are great, some of the DPS i run with could use some improvement on the reducing the damage they take.

I have never had an issue with energy capping using AR and BF.

I am the worst rogue on my server, but lest I am having fun .

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying
    Or you could just rely on your healers to heal you like they should anyway and not waste dps. Don't get me started on feint. I'm sure if you went and read the "tips and tricks" thread you'd get an ear full (eye full?)
    Actually this is precisely one of the fights where you should feint. The dps you do while smacking the dragon is largely irrelevant, while the healing is intense. Feint won't help you with the stack damage, but will help with the aura. Anything you can do to help your healers here will get you the first kill faster than optimizing your damage on the dragon.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Archijs
    i bake a chocolate cake for a healer and specifically poke him to watch me carefully. this way i go to 9-12 stacks, cloak, sindy pulls in, we run out, jump back in, go to 5-7 again. rinse and repeat.

this works, and if your on 12 stacks, your getting like 15k dmg, which is the right time to cloak :P Ive killed her on 25/10/10hm with this tactic, dunno if it works in 25hm.
    it does, i do it all the time :P on our first kill i even used the bracer frost ress enchant :P witch i dont any more pretty useless ;p

Seeing as how you have the arp trinket and 400arp, I am pretty sure if when you gem arp it says the EP is under 2 that the program is was written incorrectly because that would put you near the soft cap. Arp out scales every other stat, so yeah if you have extremely little and no arp proc trinket then it won't be worth gemming, but if you switch to arp gems you should be relatively close to soft cap at which point the EP should definitely be above 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou
    Seeing as how you have the arp trinket and 400arp, I am pretty sure if when you gem arp it says the EP is under 2 that the program is was written incorrectly because that would put you near the soft cap. Arp out scales every other stat, so yeah if you have extremely little and no arp proc trinket then it won't be worth gemming, but if you switch to arp gems you should be relatively close to soft cap at which point the EP should definitely be above 2.

I swaped out all gems on the sheet with arp 20 just to see what the sheet said the gain would be, my theoretical dps went from 10004.7 to 10020.3

I can't justify the cost of swapping for 16 dps.

I swaped out all gems on the sheet with arp 20 just to see what the sheet said the gain would be, my theoretical dps went from 10004.7 to 10020.3

I can't justify the cost of swapping for 16 dps.
    Which sheet? What was the new EP? But yeah I agree, unless you are hardcore, swapping that many gems for 16 dps is excessive.

you didn't seem to have a problem swapping your arp gems to lose 16 dps

why has ur mate only got 266 hit but 53% crit..?
    Quote Originally Posted by Maleficious View Post
    Combat wasn't good before 4.0.1 too, it was only the best spec on 3.2, also its boring as hell...

Which sheet? What was the new EP? But yeah I agree, unless you are hardcore, swapping that many gems for 16 dps is excessive.
    It is the new sheet from the ej site as pointed out in the sticky here on spreadsheets

Quote Originally Posted by itsmeagain
    you didn't seem to have a problem swapping your arp gems to lose 16 dps
    I went agili/ haste based on Rawr and Simcraft, I wasn't sure what the gain was supposed to be.

The spreadsheet made it easy to see the change by just selecting different gems on the sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sahand
    why has ur mate only got 266 hit but 53% crit..?
    I will have to point that out, he had enough hit untill he started following this rogues set-up
    http://www.wow-heroes.com/index.php?...e=Mindscramble

As he is currently the top rogue dps in the guild.

Quote Originally Posted by LeperHerring
    Actually this is precisely one of the fights where you should feint. The dps you do while smacking the dragon is largely irrelevant, while the healing is intense. Feint won't help you with the stack damage, but will help with the aura. Anything you can do to help your healers here will get you the first kill faster than optimizing your damage on the dragon.
    Listen to this guy. Our guild is still on sindragosa 25man heroic and we are trying to progress on her and as a healer I can safely say that she is one of the hardest hitting bosses on icc25 man. Comparable to Festergut 25hm or Saurfang25hm at around 50 runic power. With unchained magic randomly making healers have to go afk (you shouldn't even cast 1 spell as on hm the damage is a raidwide aoe instead) for 30 sec, I've on numerous occasions seen tank die from just lack of heals compared to her humongous tank damage. Bottom line is that this is one of the few fights where doing huge dps isn't exactly something to be proud of and you should especially not ask healers to give you extra attention because you want more epeen out of recount. Matter of fact, healers should be asking you to lower your dps and focus as much as possible at the tactics and nothing else.

It's the same on blood princes 25hm. Best tactic to down them is for dps to shut down their recount completely, and have everyone focus to 100% on the tactics. By all means, if your guild has these bosses on farm go ahead and keep doing what you've been doing up until now but if your guild is still progressing either of them, you should heed this healer advice if you want to actually down the boss rather than have a big personal epeen.

I will have to point that out, he had enough hit untill he started following this rogues set-up
    http://www.wow-heroes.com/index.php?...e=Mindscramble

As he is currently the top rogue dps in the guild.
    That mindscramble guy is horrible, why would anyone ever copy him? He has crit rating gems... also the guy has barely killed any bosses in ICC. I mean if its a crappy rogue with a king slayer title I can see why you might assume he would be good, but this guy has nothing...

Also if your rogue is following that rogue, mindscramble has 380 hit rating, why would your guild's rogue have lowered his hit rating if he was mimicking mindscramble?

@Priesten
    I think you are misunderstanding heroic Sindragosa (unless 25m is different than 10m). The unchained doesnt cause raid wide damage, it simply causes you to explode in some ae damage. Once you get far enough out of the raid, a healer can get the occasional cast off without much threat of death. Granted everything hits harder so you need to be more careful with stacks...

Edit: Lawl, I looked over mindscrambles stuff again... the guy failed to even use the right meta gem.

Deleted

I play mutilate and Sindragosa is my favorite fight after Lich King
    I usually don't cloak until 8-9 debuffs, on both 10 and 25 man.
    Then when the Blistering Cold comes, I usually stay through half the cast, then use nitro boots out and back in.
    And when the airphase comes I usually have about 6 debuffs again.

The debuff is not very dangerous imo, until phase 3. I don't hold back on anything before phase 3 at least awesome fight!

That mindscramble guy is horrible, why would anyone ever copy him? He has crit rating gems... also the guy has barely killed any bosses in ICC. I mean if its a crappy rogue with a king slayer title I can see why you might assume he would be good, but this guy has nothing...

Also if your rogue is following that rogue, mindscramble has 380 hit rating, why would your guild's rogue have lowered his hit rating if he was mimicking mindscramble?

@Priesten
    I think you are misunderstanding heroic Sindragosa (unless 25m is different than 10m). The unchained doesnt cause raid wide damage, it simply causes you to explode in some ae damage. Once you get far enough out of the raid, a healer can get the occasional cast off without much threat of death. Granted everything hits harder so you need to be more careful with stacks...

Edit: Lawl, I looked over mindscrambles stuff again... the guy failed to even use the right meta gem.
    Mindscramble (like my rogue) is an alt, mains are on Sindragosa where Morpheous is the active rogue. Before the last icc buff increase, my rouge would put out 7400 dps on Saurfang with a wow heroes score of 2900, Moph would put out more with the highest GS and Mindscrable would eclipse us all with a GS between the 2 of us.

So I started looking into programs to suggest better set-ups while Morpheous followed the higher dps rogue.

I think it will be a while until any of us get it down, so here I am.