Lol this just occured to me.

I know there is alot of threads out there but this randomly came up in my head.

in 10 mans you have lets say random number, 20% chance of getting loot, counting competition, loot drops etc....

so blizzard is making 25 man raids drop more because its 25 not 10, essentially balancing out 25 man so you have a 20% chance to win rather than a 5% or something.

So it brings me to this, (IF THIS IS TRUE) it shouldn't matter if you do 10 or 25 because you have the same chance of winning an item.

"When I'm Sad, I Stop Being Sad And Be Awesome Instead."

Re: Lol this just occured to me.

Ninjas can get more epics on 25 man now.

Their phrasing on this was "25-player versions will drop a higher quantity of loot per player"
    So if 10s drop 2 items per boss, that's .2 items per player per boss. Thus, if it's higher (let's imagine randomly .3 items per player per boss), then 25s will have 25 * .3 = 7.5 drops per boss.

25s will be more lucrative.

what you all seem to forget is that dropping as many as 5 or even 7 items (imagine that o0) will
    a) gear up your raid in no-time thus make aquiring really good gear a joke
    and b) make bosses drop half their loot-table every run

seriously, I don't like this.

You're all thinking under the assumption that 10mans will drop more than 1 piece of loot per boss. That's the only way this can be balanced out.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Heltoray
    what you all seem to forget is that dropping as many as 5 or even 7 items (imagine that o0) will
    a) gear up your raid in no-time thus make aquiring really good gear a joke
    and b) make bosses drop half their loot-table every run

seriously, I don't like this.
    That makes me think it wont be 7 items per boss. Blizzard wants to reward people for doing 25's, but they dont wanna gear people out 5 times faster than you can in 25 mans now. Content will get old... fast.

I predict 2 Drops per 10 Man boss, and 4 drops per 25 man boss.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Eschatonin
    You're all thinking under the assumption that 10mans will drop more than 1 piece of loot per boss. That's the only way this can be balanced out.
    Thus heroics should drop 0 pieces of loot? I doubt they're going to down the current amount of drops in ten man raids. This is penalizing people for doing 10 man content, not rewarding people for doing 25 man content. For all we know, loot tables could turn out huge! Condensing 10 and 25 man loot into one instance, even while lowering the amount of total drops in the current tables, would still mean a sh*tload of loot.

I also think they will make good use of the point system when rewarding 25 man players. 2 points per boss in 10 man, 5-6 points per boss in 25.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeyne
    I predict 2 Drops per 10 Man boss, and 4 drops per 25 man boss.

Im sorry but... Do you people not take in ANYTHING you read?

Your statement is saying 25 mans will be LESS lucrative, as you have a 1/5 chance to get loot in 10 man and 1/6.25 chance in 25.

Blizz clearly said it will be the other way round.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

10's can drop two pieces of loot, and 25's can drop five pieces of loot. At that point, loot odds are even. But the difference can come from 1 badge vs 2 badges per person. In that case, you'd get more "loot" in 25's than 10's. I don't know if Blizzard considers gold drop "loot" as well. It would be stupid if they did, but bosses on 25 could also drop more gold per person than 10.

It can also be one piece on 10's vs three pieces on 25's. That seems less likely, but the numbers would "work".

I can see 25s being slightly better on the loot per person, but not to the extent of double the emblems.
    If 2, and 5 pieces would be even, then 2 and 6 is looking a likely number.
    With the potential of changing the size of the raid per boss, then they will have to make sure that you arent being hugely gimped because for whatever reason you do not have the same numbers you had at the start.
    25 mans will offer an incentive, but not an unfair one.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by jobdone
    Im sorry but... Do you people not take in ANYTHING you read?

Your statement is saying 25 mans will be LESS lucrative, as you have a 1/5 chance to get loot in 10 man and 1/6.25 chance in 25.

Blizz clearly said it will be the other way round.
    I'm still predicting 10 Man - 2 25 Man - 4.
    Loot isn't the only way to make something more lucrative.
    25 Man could give more rep, more "points" aka Badges, and more "rewards" [Mounts, Tabards, etc.]

No, they mean it more like this:

Presently-
    10 man drops 2 ---- 20%
    25 man drops 4+extra crap (orbs patterns etc.) ---- 16%+extra stuff for guild and what not
    both drop 1 emblem (per player)

Cataclysm-
    10 man drops 2 ---- 20%
    25 man drops 6+extra crap (orbs patterns etc.) ---- 24%+extra stuff for guild and what not
    10 man drops 1 emblem (per player)
    25 man drops 2 emblems (per player)

This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathazar
    No, they mean it more like this:

Presently-
    10 man drops 2 ---- 20%
    25 man drops 4+extra crap (orbs patterns etc.) ---- 16%+extra stuff for guild and what not
    both drop 1 emblem (per player)

Cataclysm-
    10 man drops 2 ---- 20%
    25 man drops 6+extra crap (orbs patterns etc.) ---- 24%+extra stuff for guild and what not
    10 man drops 1 emblem (per player)
    25 man drops 2 emblems (per player)
    I don't think they'd up it to 6 drops, as what we have now is fairly balanced. I wouldn't be surprised if they chose 5 over 4 however.

They clearly said 25s will drop more loot per player so thinking it will be 2 and 4 is way off the mark. 1 piece of loot per 10man boss will not please the casuals they are targetting so you can expect 2. With their own comments that would leave 6+ pieces of loot for a 25man. That'll lead to massive loot tables or a boss dropping about half his table each kill. I wouldn't expect a large loot table as the 10mans will have a very low chance of getting the items that'll benefit them the most. That leads me to think there will be a 2-6split with a 12-15item table per average boss.

I don't even know how you are just realizing that for 25 and 10 man to have the same item/player ratio that 25 man would need to drop more loot than 10 man. Blizzard has implied that the item/player ratio should be higher in 25 man than in 10 man though, not equal. I personally expect six and two. (one is too low in 10 man, and if 10 drops 2 then 25 must drop >6 to have a higher item/player ratio)

But we will all learn the actual numbers soon enough.

this just shows again how poeple only play for loot.. ;D

seriouly... who the f*** cares? play where you have fun with friends if you get epic one week befor or after your wont die