Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Hand of Spell Protection

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala
    would it have a cooldown on the cooldown so i can wait while I wait?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchynut
    rogue have that on?

Dispel / cleanse anyone?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tavin
    Dispel / cleanse anyone?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Protection and Retribution paladins will lose their current ability to dispel magic.
    meh..

Quote Originally Posted by Evilution
    why not just add the function to the current Hand of Protection?
    that would be nice... save for that it would be 2 all out pally bubbles, one for self, one for group and self... that is definately OP

Ignoring the obvious "This belongs in the idea area" post.

It'd be kind of backwards. Haven't (Ret) Paladins been wanting to become more Offensive than Defensive? And isn't that what they said they'd try to help with (making them more offensive)? Sooooooooooooo.... You want another Defensive ability?
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

Quote Originally Posted by Sonics
    Because then it would be a 2nd Divine Protection...

Was that really hard to figure out?
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=498 ; you clearly don´t play a paladin. and if you do, you´re terrible at it.

giving HoP magic immunity will not make it into a shieldwall, they could just make it so you can´t attack OR cast spells
    so it isn´t truy a second bubble.

Im not saying it´s likely they will, the rain of glasscannon-tears would be silly.

Go figure on that one, Sonics.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Copain

It'd be kind of backwards. Haven't (Ret) Paladins been wanting to become more Offensive than Defensive? And isn't that what they said they'd try to help with (making them more offensive)? Sooooooooooooo.... You want another Defensive ability?
    A Defensive ability that makes you more offensive :P

15+ Year Old Account

I like this idea. Hand spells are a great tool. I would not combine it with the regular Hand of Protection, but make it separate.

I mainly use BoP to protect a caster or healer that might have drawn aggro in a large AE pull. Rarely is BoP useful for a boss fight, or at least it is less useful than a hand of Spell Protection could be. Most raid dmg in a particular boss fight is going to be unavoidable magic dmg, being able to throw a HoSP on someone during this time is a great utility.

Forebearance is a whole different issue that I'm not getting into.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

10+ Year Old Account

As I said before since health pools are going way way up in cataclysm they should just change all the paladin bubbles so that they prevent damage (and make the target immune to that type of debuff) until damage = to a set % of the paladins health has been prevented. This would mean that the bubbles are not quite as powerful & can have their Cd's adjusted so that they are not so horribly long.

Take this as an example, say for instance say health pools will be around 90khp in cataclysm but damage & burst done will not go up as much. Then Divine Shield can then prevent damage = to 50% or so of the paladins health, while at the same time Divine protection can prevent half the damage done to the paladin up to 100% of his/her hp & Hand of Protection can prevent physical damage = to 100% of the paladins health. This would mean that you could force a bubble down if you had enough ppl to focus on it which means that the Cd could be adjusted & lowered to fit the game were it is atm.

Keep in mind this is just a guess work example but I hope it gives ya the idea, Holy & prot specs could always have their bubbles buffed by other means such as talents or healing done while inside it.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth
    We could just skip all the button clicking faff and give Paladins a passive buff in arena that makes them immune to all attacks, until their arena team out numbers other arena team.

When my rogue - feral druid team draws a pair of paladins, who will just give each other melee immunity, it is game over .
    I hear Rogues in Arena have issues with melee immunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Copain

Too bad the only trace of that offensive utility thus far is an interupt while we lose cleanse, which is a horrible trade for a class without snares or gap closers. I'm looking forward to being slowed 80% of my time in PvP, rooted 10%, having freedom up 3% before it gets dispelled and then being completely out of options except to bubble for the last 7%. Owait bubble's getting nerfed too -.-

On top of that we won't be able to dispel dots off ourselves anymore while moving in on a caster, increasing the damage we take quite a bit (like no dispelling flame shock for lava burst lolololololol). Even if they gave us this spell and didn't even smack forbearance on it (I know LOL), it wouldn't be close to making us OP.

Quote Originally Posted by manageri
    Too bad the only trace of that offensive utility thus far is an interupt while we lose cleanse, which is a horrible trade for a class without snares or gap closers.
    You'll have to show me where other classes have all of their Changes made. Or where Bliz said that's all Paladins are getting for a change.

Please and thanks bro!
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

only way it would work is if it blocked all spells form being cast by that player too just like hop blocks all physical stuff.