Poll: If Blizzard banned ALL addons, would you support it?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: A neat idea!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: A neat idea!

If they were taken out, people would have to pay attention to the boss' movements and yells...OH GOD no more Tunnel Vision? NO !!!!!! F THAT

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Wildhammer&cn=Nibelung

10+ Year Old Account

Shooo, go away addons!

Meh.. I only use Pallypower already as it is so it really wouldn't make much of a difference. I don't mind the default UI at all really.
    Metal on Metal O.O \m/

Addons are the only thing that update the in game ui.

I can't think of any other single change that would make me quit this game, but removing the ability to customize Blizzard's shitty bar system would do it in a heartbeat. I also would mourn the loss of my Bejeweled add-on. What the fuck did my Bejeweled add-on ever do to you that you'd try to kill it? All it did was entertain me during partial wipes and long flights! It is inherently innocent and blameless!

Bah!
    That's just between you, me, and my pal Captain Winky.

I wouldn't like it, but it wouldn't make me quit the game. I don't mind most of the UI, personally, but I absolutely hate the action bars/menu area.

Quote Originally Posted by cbyb51206

I wouldn't like it, but it wouldn't make me quit the game. I don't mind most of the UI, personally, but I absolutely hate the action bars/menu area.
    They'd need to include some form of recount, too. I'm DPS, I want to monitor my performance in a raid. I'd also need a more detailed version of Omen, too, for that matter.
    That's just between you, me, and my pal Captain Winky.

I think it would be kind of fun to watch if they took out the helping addons like Healbot, DBM, and the like. You can keep your cosmetic addons.

That's like saying; take away Glyphs, Enchants and gems.

But then again the game seems more of challange without glyphs maybe even gems >.>
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events
    "Steal the shit out of my ideas"

Add-ons make mediocre players good and good players awesome. They don't help bad players though.
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

i would but they are better upgrading the default UI

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    Now try healing with it.
    QFT. The default UI is terrible for seeing people's health. And it prevents you from seeing any buffs (like HoTs) or debuffs (that you might need to dispell). I healed with the default UI for a while in BC. When I upgraded to Healing Bot my healing got way way better. If they made my go back, I would quit (not Wow. I'd just become a tank or healer).

The default UI is also a little difficult for dps who have to watch for procs. I have a feral druid and I have to watch my buff bar for savage roar, clearcasting, and berserk timers. Trying to find those among all my random buffs (3-4 rows worth) would be very annoying with addons.

I use also ArkInventory to arrange my bags (sort of a UI thing)

I wouldn't mind if they removed all the DBM, auctioneer like addons. It is true that DBM can make some fights too easy. And that auctioneer can be kind of a cheap way to make money.

However, I think in general that addons have been good for a game. Blizzard has added a lot of features that were once addons (like gear sets). Certainly having customization is nice.

15+ Year Old Account

Only if they offered a better Ui and more utilities.

DBM/GS I can live without.. i'd prefer if DBM wasn't around so people could quit whining about how easy things are. The reason they're easy is because most of the things that would normally require your raid to communicate is now done by the addon. Blizz went light on the RNG this time.

Don't have much of an issue with this as I only use 2 addons right now and that's Gladius and DBM lol... makes people have to pay significantly more attention in raids/arenas... Would also prolly make people realize that the raids are just as difficult as in vanilla just that you have 20 addons to tell you exactly what to do now.

The default UI is not bad but I really like my customizable addons. If they however allowed you to move some stuff around with default UI I wouldn't go nuts over it and quit, playing with health bars on the top left is annoying and distracting really.

i wouldn't stop playing the game. I wouldn't be happy.... but i wouldn't stop playing. so i guess yes, i'd support it.
    "Hard work never killed any body, But why take a chance?" - Edgar Bergen.

i perosnally find wow easy now that i dont needa use any addons... wow has an inbuilt questhelper its only a matter of time before and inbuilt recount then what other addosn would we need also...

BAN GEARSCORE>>>>
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    No. Default UI makes my eyes bleed.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Jeina
    Add-ons make mediocre players good and good players awesome. They don't help bad players though.
    Truth - Bad players will always be bad
    Main: Tehblùe Alts: Clareical, Tehbangin
    Co-GM <Glory After Death> | Moderator for #trancefamily. Come join the family :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Kio View Post
    Something being harder will not teach people how to play the game. It will just make the people that suck, suck more.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

You have the option to not have addons at all. However, if an addon helps someone else and makes your raid easier I see no reason to complain.

OP's post tells me that he prefers to wipe on Sindragosa?
    Main: Tehblùe Alts: Clareical, Tehbangin
    Co-GM <Glory After Death> | Moderator for #trancefamily. Come join the family :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Kio View Post
    Something being harder will not teach people how to play the game. It will just make the people that suck, suck more.