Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Do tanks "control" heroics??

Quote Originally Posted by Astray
    dps these days react to nothing anymore. I've given up on interrupts or intelligent choice of aura months ago, these days a dps who runs out of the fire or attacks the right targets is already rare and doing good dps as well.

DPS-players today in one sentence:
    Pets that care about loot.
    Took me a while to realize that by my choice of class I was a part of the undesirables. These days I just sit there doing minimum damage, staying out of the fire, because it's not worth my time to try to do anything else. Sure, I could fear something, but it'd just end up running into a patrol and I'd get yelled for it some more. Hell, last time I ran Halls of Lightning, the tank actually praised me for Banishing one of the elementals near Volkhan. How much more condescending can you get?

So yeah, we're definitely the Untermensch caste of WoW. DPS are not appreciated, needed, or wanted in 5-man instances. If tanks and healers could run them 2-man for the same rewards, they would.

No, they think they do!

i hate tanks like that!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

Quote Originally Posted by Coca
    Tanks only have control until the point that they need healing, after that I control them.
    I have killed my fare share of tanks that thought they could do as they pleased.

People like you.... I just bring the adds on top of ya and shadowmeld

DPS is easily and quickly replaceable with someone as good or better.

So yes, in conjunction with the healer, they do absolutely.

Personally, I always talk with my heals and we come to a conclusion with what we want to do. Then laugh when the dps complains.
    Real Paladins have the Charger Feat of Strength.

Quote Originally Posted by manageri
    Because Blizz are fucktards and didn't give us the power to enforce anything. If we had no cooldown on the kicks and no fucking limit on them either we could kick the tools that don't play along with the rest of the group.
    I thought they took off the 15 min immunity last patch?

I'm amazed at the amount of selfish pricks here.

I got everything I want from triumph, got enough gold to stop caring about turning 10 badges into gems, yet I still ask "Want a fast run or do you want to skip some bosses?"
    If no one responds I just take the quickest route.
    "If you need to add '10char' to be able to post, don't bother posting at all."

10+ Year Old Account

Tanks lead. DPS and healers follow. Want to complain? Too bad.

Author of ALL THE THINGS - Collections addon for Completionists

well hopefully with the retun of cc in cata a lot of these tanks will change there minds on how they treat dps but this is the wow community. I wont be surprised within 2 weeks of cata alot of tanks will be moaning on fourms i need cc ability dps wont help me cos i was a cunt to them for the last 18 months +

The exact same happened for me, few players from the same realm came in, all friends, one of em started bitching i mean really BITCHING with caps, swear words calling me a noobs etc. because i wanted to do the optional bosses in old kingdom, he started saying he's friends wanted a fast run, and that i would get kicked if we didnt make it fast.
    One of he's friends had to stay in the group after the boss were down to apologise for he's behavior, and that they also wanted a single optionl boss, but didnt argue because he would act like that O.o

Quote Originally Posted by The Grumpy Old Man
    LIGHT, GRANT ME ONE FINAL BLESSING. GIVE ME THE STRENGTH... TO SHATTER THIS POST!
    Light smites the mental block, freeing the Grumpy Old Man.
    The Grumpy Old Man jumps and strikes Handrixstorm's keyboard with the Grumpbringer, shattering it.

I see no irony.
    You see no irony in somebody complaining about being out of time who clearly has nothing better to do then dailies in WoW, and refuses to help people get emblems so he can get emblems faster?

10+ Year Old Account

Yes tanks control heroics. 100%. Does that mean they have to be dicks about it? No.

My protection warrior main has 49K unbuffed hp and more avoidance than god, and I always get a kick out of doing easier heroics like UK and Nexus and having my shadow priest buddy sign up as healer. Vamp embrace heals me through all the dmg I take, even on boss fights, and 4 dps means quantum speed clears.

Even though I barely even need a healer, I'll always do achievements or extra bosses if requested. I find great joy in discovering new players in my heroics who have no clue what to do, and giving them starting tips on their rotation, gear etc.

That being said, I've noticed a lot of dps QQ about assholish tanks, yet I can't help noticing that a lot of it is pot calling kettle. I got so tired of asshat dps that I even made a /p macro that states, quite clearly,that if you use any aoe spell before I t-clap, or (and god I hate this) pull mobs to the side or ahead of me, I will aggro the biggest trash group I can find and leave group. Dungeon deserter be damned. I'll just insta-queue again after raid. Dps LOVE to pull extra groups, aoe before you've even touched the mobs, and get SUPER sarcastic and nasty if you stop pulling for 0.002 seconds to give a tip to a new player in the group or answer a tell.

Worst of all, since the loss of CC in heroics, dps have become sloppy and undisciplined in general. In tbc, you took care to avoid what you didn't have to kill. Each pull was a pain and you would rather avoid it. These days if I skip a trash pull or two, it's a virtual guarantee that some stoned dpser will run way off to the side, pull it, and then QQ that I "didn't clear right" when he dies. My rule is, (pats aside of course) if I can avoid it, so can you. If you can't deal with something as simple as paying attention, then yes, my appreciation for your particular dps will chill considerably.
    "I have strong feelings about gun control. If there's a gun around, I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by BDF
    I still hold to the argument that unless you need just 1 more badge to get that item(from an optional boss) it will nearly always be faster to skip the boss, finish the instance for the bonus badges, and get yourself into the next heroic faster.
    This argument is pretty bad going from the perspective of dps. Sure we as tanks have nearly instant queues, and healers have queues around a couple minutes, but for any dps, provided you're queuing by yourself, it's always more efficient to just do the extra bosses in an instance if you need the emblems.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, especially if properly sharpened and in the hands of a well trained ninja.

Quote Originally Posted by Cortano
    Tanks lead, other players follow.
    It is "my way or the highway".
    You get to vote with your feet, not your mouth.

Pretty much a law everyone should follow. If you wanna tank, go tank.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossmonkey View Post
    He doesn't want to go to Northrend. He doesn't have coldweather flying.

well im a tank and i usually do whatever the group does despite not agreeing with the fact that its "much" faster if you skip eck who takes roughly 15 seconds to kill(the whole instance 10 or 15 minutes) but in hos im prone to skipping because i have done the bosses over 50 times already

Tanks tag targets.
    Dps kills tagged targets.
    Healers heal.

The goal of any heroic is to finish it by killing the endboss.
    The route taken is chosen by the group.
    If there is no consensus of what route to take, leave the group.

Easy, isn't it?
    Saving for Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturnn
    Took me a while to realize that by my choice of class I was a part of the undesirables. These days I just sit there doing minimum damage, staying out of the fire, because it's not worth my time to try to do anything else. Sure, I could fear something, but it'd just end up running into a patrol and I'd get yelled for it some more. Hell, last time I ran Halls of Lightning, the tank actually praised me for Banishing one of the elementals near Volkhan. How much more condescending can you get?

So yeah, we're definitely the Untermensch caste of WoW. DPS are not appreciated, needed, or wanted in 5-man instances. If tanks and healers could run them 2-man for the same rewards, they would.
    You know, i have 3 tanks, all 3 were geared up through heroics, so i met a lot of dps-players while doing that. It has shown me, that it will only lead to disappointment if you expect anyone other than yourself to do anything more than a pet would do, though this is not quite right. I've heard that the deathknights ghul saves his stun for enemy casts, so having an unholy DK in the party makes sure that there is one thinking "creature" around me.

What dps players these days do is only dps. Luckily, the average player does his 3k dps in gear that would allow 5k, but thats okey, the pets are strong enough since the dungeons itselves are made for much lower dps. With 3 pets its still faster than without them so 2 manning, even if its possible without a doubt takes longer, and dps aree fast to get. so why not take them....and there is the slight chance of meeting a good one...but never...ever...hope for it! It only leads it disappointment.

So, if you think thats unfair to those who more than a pet~ yes it is. But the majority of you are tunnelvision dps only pets and the minority are elitist dps players who think tunnelvision dps is a sign of being extra extra pro.

PS: i tend to whisper "well played" to almost everyone who did play noticeably more than average. This happens from time to time. Every ret paladin that changes aura according to whats the most benefitial gets a hug and honest praise in the /p channel. I had that only once, he though i was making fun of him and was confused about doing soemthing wrong. I guess "well done" is really unexpected these days.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

10+ Year Old Account

I myself as a tank, hate when people whine about having to do more, so I end up letting the babies pick as I don't want a split group with only 1 boss or something missing.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Do tanks control heroics?

Absolutely. As mentioned above DPS are the equivalent of pets who occasionally whine about extra bosses. I honestly don't mind doing extra bosses, or even low DPS, but the idea that anyone but the tank has control is absurd. Every pull I make controls our direction, every turn I choose dictates our path. When I join a Heroic as a tank I'm bombarded with sighs of relief and compliments due to my large health pool and threat (geared for heroic ICC) but in my DPS gear there's no compliments on my DPS. Damage Dealers and healers know who leads them through.

The way I generally put it for my groups on my pally tank is this:

If you can out-damage me on trash/bosses, I will listen to what you have to say. If I'm carrying the group in damage done (which, sadly, 9/10 heroics), I will decide what we are skipping and what we aren't.

Signature by Resentful - Bleeding Corruption