Warlock DPS scale?

Hello

I have a level 72 lock (Demo). I have no idea what my ball park DPS should be - most of these threads are geared to level 80. Is there a way I can determine more or less what a ball park DPS should be for each level? Would be great to have something like the sliding scale they have on the heirlooms .

I know it's spec/gear dependant, but I'm thinking BiS gear and cookie cutter spec for the level. Any-one aware of such a thing?

Thanks

Re: Warlock DPS scale?

Not to sound like a total ass but; why does it matter? Each level takes a couple of hours max, and the way to determine your dps is by how fast you are able to kill mobs on which you can't establish a proper, sustained damage rotation. And striving for BiS gear each level to help you do more DPS will in the end slow you down because you spent time on gathering gear instead of just mowing down some mammoths or vrykuls.

Deleted

Go affliction, don't care about rotations (you'll use corruption+CoA+TAB for questing ), get to 80 quick, profit.

Maybe your demo dps on a dungeon boss that only survives metamorphosis+20sek might be a little higher than in affli. Don't you care about that . Affliction is also nice to play, too.

Edit:

Items From Azjol-Nerub are nice for you (and BiS on 72 with a high probability as they require lv72): Waist, Staff, Boots;

Maybe some items from this set work for you, esp. since you can upgrade its chest, shoulders and wrists on lv 74/73 to their improved versions.

EDIT: The "their improved versions" link was wrong. fixed.
    on a side note, how do I produce the links that show the mousover tooltip again?

edit: hero member baby

Thanks for responses.

I'm not a speed leveller - I've been 72 for a good few days. It would be helpful to know - oh I'm supposed to be pulling 600 dps and only doing 200 dps, for example -{I'm doing a lot more than that before some-one comments }.

I enjoy Demo immensely - even at this level - so I'm not going to change that .

And it's not to gear - it's to get a feel of whether the DPS sucks or not.

RAWR is great for that - but does not have a working module for locks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tearor
    Edit:

Items From Azjol-Nerub are nice for you (and BiS on 72 with a high probability as they require lv72): Waist, Staff, Boots;

Maybe some items from this set work for you, esp. since you can upgrade its chest, shoulders and wrists on lv 74/73 to their improved versions.
    Wow - thanks for these links. Some nice gear there.

...and Jeri Ryan is sexy in her ST:V outfit.

Well you should switch to Affliction leveling spec. And if you have any combination of heirloom items you are fine and they are BiS during your leveling.

15+ Year Old Account

I use this to figure out average dps averages when I can't otherwise. It works for anything 60+
    (Spell Power + Haste Rating + Crit Rating) x (80 / Current Level) = Average DPS

You're 72. I'd estimate you have around 1000 sp, maybe 200 Crit and 200 Haste at best.

1400 x 80/72 = 1555 dps

R.I.P. YARG

Thanks Gherkin - that's extremely helpful . You should put that in your leveling guide - with all the appropriate caveats of course. I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering about it .

@Tearor - grats on Hero and thanks for the gear links.

I bet you that you cant do 1500 dps on a single target boss at lvl 72. maybe with raid buffs you could

it is possible to pull 1500 at lvl 72 if you have a group made up of 72's or 73's; the boss lives long enough to actually give you a good dps readout if you have an 80 it wont live enough or if your in a heroic with people that have gearscores of about 5800 bosses live for about 5 seconds and with a demo warlock the dps has a ramp-up time so in a heroic a demo lock's dps suuuucks so in saying this you cant scale heroic boss livability to low 70 normal boss livability so yeah 1500 is about right for lvl 72 if you know how to play of course which i bet seven of nine does

15+ Year Old Account

I did the math wrong. Pure is right, assuming average gear. If you know your stuff and have decent blue-level gear at 72 you could achieve 1500 dps w/o aoe, but it would be dependant on situation and boss health.

New math
    (Spell Power + Haste Rating + Crit Rating) x (Your Current Level / 80) = Average DPS
    1400 x 72/80 = 1260 dps

That number is much more achievable, considering pet damage.

R.I.P. YARG

Plow through to lvl80 then worry about it. Can pretty much pewpew everything till then really.