how much is too much

hey ive been browsing the forums for an answer to this but how much haste is definatly too much haste for a Enhance shaman or is there even a cap

Re: how much is too much

lol im guessing ill prolly stop when i hit 1259 i think thats when you have a 1 sec GCD isnt it? but i have no math to back that up and rawr seems to be broken for enhance.

<Moderator edit: pointless comment this is nothing to do with ENHANCE shaman in the question>

its a joke. When you reach the global cooldown its too much but to put a number on it i think right now its roughly like 1927 haste. An unreachable number. But idk about shamans but with locks i know there is a point where more haste is actually better than sp point for point. This may be true with shamans too. There may be a a point where more of something else is better than haste.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Alexstrasza&cn=Romeolock

10+ Year Old Account

When you have more haste then is even possible to achieve. Then you have too much, because at this point you obviously broke something.

Or when your MW procs faster than you can keep up with. THEN you have too much.

Or how about when you have sooo much haste that no matter how many Hand of Salvs or Shears you do, you still pull agro. Then you have too much haste.

You gemmed haste instead of hit and are under the hit/crit cap, then you have too much haste.

TLDR:

there is no such thing as too much haste.
    Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz | MSI - Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | Corsair - Vengeance LED 32GB DDR4-3400 Memory | Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive | Samsung - 850 Pro Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive | EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ACX 3.0 Video Card | Corsair - 850W ATX Power Supply | 2 x HP - Omen 27 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor | Microsoft - Windows 10 Home 64-bit

im pretty sure 1259 is when gcd is at 1 sec atleast thats what ej said

All talk of a haste cap and GCD is for casters. When your Cast is at the GCD any more is wasted because you aren't doing anything else while waiting for the GCD.

For melee however ( ie ENH shammies) with 4 piece T10 nothing has a cast time. All our abilities are instant and/or should only be used at instant (MW5 for 4set bonus).

Extra haste and haste in general is not considered for its effect on cast times but rather its effect on melee swings. 1% haste equals 1% more white damage. It also means more FT damage, more WF procs ( closer to the internal CD) and most importantly more MW procs.

All in all this means that as long as you are hit capped ( and under the crit cap) and expertise capped more haste will never be a bad thing.
    The only thing i know is that i know nothing

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Lanthal
    lol im guessing ill prolly stop when i hit 1259 i think thats when you have a 1 sec GCD isnt it? but i have no math to back that up and rawr seems to be broken for enhance.
    A 1 sec GCD is not relevant for enhancement shaman haste affecting our weapon speeds is the important thing. ie: we don't have a haste cap the same way casters do.

So precisely what is broken with Rawr?? Please tell me what the issue number is you posted on the Rawr website with the details of how it is broken or are you talking a load of crap and are a clueless person who doesn't know how to use the program and simply assumes therefore it is broken.

ten signs of you having to much haste:

10.you start showing up earlier for raids every time the haste on your gear increases
    9.your "gogogo, start pulling already!" cries increase each week
    8.you have eaten and flasked in the half second before the readycheck window flashes up
    7.you break the speed limit with your car on your way from work to your pc at home to raid, and end up crashing into another car
    6.your maelstrom weapon procs ten times each hit and you end up wasting half your stacks, facerolling lightning bolt to the win.
    5.the flash rushes into your room, saying DaY-Um! that´s some crazy shit amount of haste you´ve got!
    4.your lightning shield lasts 0.5 seconds
    3.your weapons swing become so fast you break the sound barrier, silencing the casters in your raid with the resulting sonic boom, causing a wipe.
    2.you cant stop saying: yo daaawg, i heard you like haste gems so we gave you a haste buff to your haste proc which will haste your haste totem which is hasted by your bloodlust haste, which hastes also your troll berserkers haste which will also haste your hyperspeed accelerator´s haste and that´s when you´ll swallow that haste pot
    1. your swings will get fast enough to travel back in time and hit the blizzard employee inventing haste rating and will create a time/space paradoxon, destroying the reality we know. The reality as we know it will cease to exist and everything will be YOUR FAULT because you didn´t stop stacking haste for Metzen´s sake!

THAT is when you have to much! :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Lfmao that was the greatest troll post ive ever read haha

Quote Originally Posted by Lanthal
    hey ive been browsing the forums for an answer to this but how much haste is definatly too much haste for a Enhance shaman or is there even a cap
    Listen to what you are saying. There is no cap or in other words you cannot reach it with current gear. Im assuming you gem haste as well on top of gear stats. I see some other posts in here saying caster have a haste cap. This is wrong there is NO haste cap that is obtainable. I know alot of you are gonna disagree but thats because you read it somewhere that there was a haste cap. Guess what your info was wrong.

Deleted

Hitting the 1 second GCD isn't a significant enough handicap on haste to stop stacking it, so no there is no cap. Just points where other stats may be better.

Also 1269 haste is not a reasonable number to achieve without procs. Paragon's Rihmz has just under 900 haste unbuffed, she could get to 970 by swapping in the T10 chest... but that might be a downgrade. 1000 haste is hard enough to hit as enhance - let alone 270 more.

Quote Originally Posted by TOMGC
    Also 1269 haste is not a reasonable number to achieve without procs. Paragon's Rihmz has just under 900 haste unbuffed, she could get to 970 by swapping in the T10 chest... but that might be a downgrade. 1000 haste is hard enough to hit as enhance - let alone 270 more.
    Um... I have 959 haste unbuffed and with Bizuri's and the effective haste on the Hyperspeed Accelerators, that is 1247 effective haste during raids. It it not THAT bad to hit.

As far as the OP, I have found that pretty much once you hit 900 haste, it just keeps going up in value.

EDIT: here are my current EP values. Armory is in the siggy.

Code:
    EP            value   DPS    total DPS   difference

baseline                   11655.11
    ap            1.00   0.88   11725.14    70.03
    crit rating        1.68   1.47   11714.06    58.95
    hit rating        2.02   1.77   11725.74    70.63
    expertise rating     0.00   0.00   0.00      -11655.11
    haste rating       2.28   1.99   11734.85    79.74
    armor penetration rating 1.52   1.33   11708.45    53.34
    spellpower        0.94   0.82   11692.80    37.69
    mh dps          5.04   4.41   11688.20    33.09
    oh dps          1.86   1.63   11667.34    12.22