Thread: Where is this?

Where is this?

I just watched the Cataclysm trailer again, and I noticed this spot which very quickly passes by:

Does anyone know where this is? I think you can see a goblin lumber-machine thingy that's on fire at the bottom which would suggest Stonetalon, but there's also a bluff with Tauren structures and obviously a Tauren lift... New town perhaps? Also, if this actually IS Stonetalon, this could be a view from a new part of Stonetalon where there are bluffs to build on. At the moment, Stonetalon is bluff-less. (Weird word, lol)

Be aware that you can scroll this post to the right if it doesn't completely fit on your screen
    Quote Originally Posted by Omen321 View Post
    Tirion has joined the guild
    [Guild][Tirion]: /brofist
    [Guild][Bolvar]: /brofist
    Tirion has left the guild
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximen View Post
    Warriors will dead...

Re: Where is this?

There's a Grimtotem camp in Stonetalon, just so you're aware.
    This line will not change of my own volition until Knaak stops screwing Warcraft Lore to write more bad fanfics.

Thanks Amuno!

Quote Originally Posted by Izhara
    There's a Grimtotem camp in Stonetalon, just so you're aware.
    I know, it's just at the east side of Stonetalon almost right after you enter. But that's a ground-level camp, not on a bluff.
    Warriors will dead...

Quote Originally Posted by Rycul
    I know, it's just at the east side of Stonetalon almost right after you enter. But that's a ground-level camp, not on a bluff.
    Well, that's true. Maybe the tauren set up shop since Mulgore seems to be under attack, judging by the gigantic wall they set up in the pass between it and the Barrens?
    This line will not change of my own volition until Knaak stops screwing Warcraft Lore to write more bad fanfics.

Thanks Amuno!

Well, that's true. Maybe the tauren set up shop since Mulgore seems to be under attack, judging by the gigantic wall they set up in the pass between it and the Barrens?
    Haha lol. Perhaps
    Warriors will dead...

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

maybe thousand needles / freewind post. maybe the goblins did some stupid things there, blizz also said that TN will undergo great change

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Hmmm a mountain and sand, that's an extremely rare thing in WoW.

Seriously it can be from anywhere, the entire world is changing. Could be Redridge for example.

15+ Year Old Account

A town that small on the plateau, and with a lift like that? If I had to take a stab at it I'd say Freewind Post.

I keep hearing things about a giant wall between Mulgore and the Barrens but have seen no screenshots.

Any chance someone could provide?

This might be a case of underestimating just how much Kalimdor and EK are going to change.
    *IF* this is Stonetalon, it could just be a fill for one of the "dead zone" areas of the map, or it could be a major terrain change to an area we already know.

Any identification is speculative until one of the following:
    official word
    leaks from devs or F+F alpha
    posts from beta players
    seeing it with your own eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Ikkatsu
    I keep hearing things about a giant wall between Mulgore and the Barrens but have seen no screenshots.

Here you go. Honestly, looking at that makes me think all it takes is a gnome fire mage to get through..
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Here you go

Warriors will dead...

Cheers!

Will the gates open for Horde members or will there be a different route in and out of the region?

I was half expecting a huge stone and/or black iron wall though.

Considering they are meant to love nature and such, cutting down that many tree's seems counter-productive.

Cheers!

Will the gates open for Horde members or will there be a different route in and out of the region?

I was half expecting a huge stone and/or black iron wall though.

Considering they are meant to love nature and such, cutting down that many tree's seems counter-productive.
    I'm guessing there will either be some sort of tunnel(besides the zeppelin that's already in the game) for Horde, or the gate will feature teleporters similar to Wintergrasp.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

While it's the simplest and most logical answer to say that the town is Freewind post, Thousand needles will be flooded, so it can't be there =|. It still looks most like Stonetalon mountains imo, so just a new village, I guess.

Deleted

I guess it's stone talon mountains considering the Goblin and Tauren appearences.

Grimtotem camp at the enterance of Stonetalon, when u do quests, ur also send into the mountains. So its possible the tauren have reclaimed their village

Stonetalon is not bluff-less. Its bluffs are just not accessible at this time, now that walljumping is nerft.

That place looks very much like Stonetalon. In fact, it kind of looks like the area near Talon Den with the lumber camp that you have to do some Creative Terrain Navigation to get to.

God these pics add a whole new level of excitement to the game for me. So antsy to fly around and explore all these new areas.