Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Legendary Weapons: Scale with Level?

Quote Originally Posted by Dantia.
    How you manage to typo SWP with TK is beyond me...
    How you manage to even care is beyond me loot/lore policeman. Stick to the real topic and stop filling this post with trash.

Also, being stuck with the same weapon for ever wouldn't be too fun either, now would it?
    - Trim

As long as it was acquired while still pertinent (not even 1 expansion old) and it didn't auto scale and actually required significant effort to upgrade it I don't see the downside.

Just because it's upgradable doesn't mean it couldn't be made so that you still have to use current gear before upgrading it but that certainly shouldn't stop all the short-sighted individuals (blizz included) from simply saying "no" because they can't think outside of the box.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansai
    Also, being stuck with the same weapon for ever wouldn't be too fun either, now would it?
    The post just says "SCALE WITH LEVEL"

Meaning once you hit level 80 it may not be the best weapon the entire expansion. It might only be your weapon of choice for the first few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Heidenreich
    I think ALL Legendaries should be upgradable, BUT you have to upgrade them through the current tier of content.....

So let's say you have the Sulfuras, Hammer of Ragnaros (skipping other Vanilla and BC content to just get my idea across) and let's say it's the begining of Wrath and you are running Naxx. Let's say something similar to shards (maybe a special type of ore) only drops when someone in the raid has HoR (kinda like the shards for Shadowmourne) and you have to collect 40 of them to make HoR on par with BoH from Naxx (and you would have to do this process again in Ulduar, ToGC, and ICC). If you want to make it more complex, all legendaries upgrade the same EXACT way, so guilds would have to chose who was upgrading each time AND you would have to upgrade them accordingly and not be able to skip from Naxx to IC to upgrade your weapon, you would have to upgrade it in each tier.

In other words, to make legendaries scale or upgradable, it should be a long process to do so. They shouldn't be insta upgradable or scale. There should be a shit ton of work involved to keep upgrading it.

((Reason I use HoR as an example is cause I have been soloing MC for like 6 months and still have not seen an Eye of Ragnaros and only collected 4 ignots, so even collecting old legendaries would require work. I mean you can take Warglaives for instance even, other then the haste proc, they were pretty useless in Northrend))
    Or you go with this method. Making commited individuals put in A LOT of time and effort to keep it scaling with current raids (Ulduar, ToC, etc)

15+ Year Old Account

No, this has been discussed ad nauseum, just look in some of the Blue Tracker archives. Blizzard has -specifically- stated that they will not do this.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple
    Make them scale so they're not completely useless, but not competitive with the first epic weapons you get @ max level. That should give it a small window of time to use them again when you level and progress in the first dungeon.
    I think shadowmourne will just as good as the first raid epics

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Doctadrew
    No.
    this

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Dictonary, get one!
    Irony at its best ^^^

Although I find the fact of illidans glaives being a "dps loss" a little sad lorewise, the amount of effort it would take by blizzard to keep a very very very small perentage of the population with upgraded legendary's is a waste of effort I believe and totally against blizzards current "for the masses" philosophy

Quote Originally Posted by Etubrute
    Should Legendary Weapons scale with your current level?

However:
    • This only applies to people who EARNED the weapon when it was actually a real legendary weapon.
    • Like the BoA gear the weapon would scale with you as you level making it actually worthy of it's title "legendary"

Meaning:
    • You can't back to MC or BT and farm "Thunderfury" or "The Twin Blades of Azzinoth" 4 years later just so it scales up.
    • If you didn't earn the weapon when it really was a legendary then it doesn't scale
    I think it would get a bit boring and in terms of a business sense lose a bit of customer base.. could you imagine shadowfury being the last weapon you got ever? And it scales with level so you wont ever replace it from raiding or arena it's just your bis forever. People would lose interest and stop playing simply because they can't get any better. Not to mention the model would get boring and sick of the same ole animations.
    Always check links before clicking

I don't have to say no because this ridiculous idea will never be implemented.

15+ Year Old Account

Should Legendary Weapons scale with your current level?
    Meaning:
    • You can't back to MC or BT and farm "Thunderfury" or "The Twin Blades of Azzinoth" 4 years later just so it scales up.
    • If you didn't earn the weapon when it really was a legendary then it doesn't scale
    Um, so basically, you want Shadowmourne to scale but no others?

no...no no no hell no. i refu.. no!

The post just says "SCALE WITH LEVEL"

Meaning once you hit level 80 it may not be the best weapon the entire expansion. It might only be your weapon of choice for the first few months.

Or you go with this method. Making commited individuals put in A LOT of time and effort to keep it scaling with current raids (Ulduar, ToC, etc)
    OMFG B LIZZ MAI LEGENDAIRY IS NOT TEH BEST WEPON WTF I URNED THIS AND IT SHOULD BE TEH BEST MAEK IT SCALE TO BE BEST WEPON FFS WTF IS POINT OF LEGNDAIRY IF IT NOT BEST FFS!?!.

If they made them scale, enjoy seeing that post appearing on the forums about once a week from everyone who has a legendary.

Also, no. They are never going to do it.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Yes they should scale to level,

No, they shouldn't only scale to people who got them during the patch / xpack they were released.

If you want to still spend over a month farming Thunderfury or Warglaives, go for it.

Only having to make a single legendary for each niche (aka ONLY one bow, EVER. Val'anyr is the only healer legendary, EVER. Warglaives are the only rogue/fury war legendary EVER, etc. etc) would make the legendaries that much cooler to have.
    It would also probably justify making them even harder to get than they are now.

It would also make them feel more LEGENDARY if you never replaced it.
    OMG I HAZ LEGENDARY VAL'ANYR. Then come Cataclysm a questgiver happens to have a better healing mace just lying around in his backyard?
    That just doesn't make sense.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by frownface2000
    OMG I HAZ LEGENDARY VAL'ANYR. Then come Cataclysm a questgiver happens to have a better healing mace just lying around in his backyard?
    Since when has anything in this game made sense.

Quote Originally Posted by DoomDeezy
    I think it would get a bit boring and in terms of a business sense lose a bit of customer base.. could you imagine shadowfury being the last weapon you got ever? And it scales with level so you wont ever replace it from raiding or arena it's just your bis forever. People would lose interest and stop playing simply because they can't get any better. Not to mention the model would get boring and sick of the same ole animations.
    Where I don't agree with the weapon simply scaling, there's absolutely no reason why an alternative can't be found.

1.) You have to obtain the item while it's still current
    2.) With the next expansion it would require SIGNIFICANT effort (shall we say legendary) to upgrade requiring you to use current gear until such time you complete the process, which isn't even a guarantee.

No, they shouldn't only scale to people who got them during the patch / xpack they were released.

If you want to still spend over a month farming Thunderfury or Warglaives, go for it.

Only having to make a single legendary for each niche (aka ONLY one bow, EVER. Val'anyr is the only healer legendary, EVER. Warglaives are the only rogue/fury war legendary EVER, etc. etc) would make the legendaries that much cooler to have.
    It would also probably justify making them even harder to get than they are now.

That's actually not a bad idea either. Make the original sources scale to current level difficulty. This might be a very nice alternative for the hard core players that are looking at significantly shorter raid schedules in cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by jobdone
    I think shadowmourne will just as good as the first raid epics
    if not better than the first wave of epics out (at least until the heroic raid version) mainly for the awesome proc alone ^^
    Raining Pandarens because of the bouncy racial?
    Quote Originally Posted by rokatoro View Post
    Some Might say it was... (•_•).....( •_•)>⌐■-■....(⌐■_■) A heavy Rain.
    I'm so sorry ;_;

They are never, ever, ever going to make a weapon that is permanently the best weapon in the game, foever. It's an unbelieveably stupid idea.
    Why should the best weapon in the game require no skill at all, just random luck to get the items to drop?
    Why should the best weapon in the game come from completely outdated content that is no challenge?
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

the idea is that they won't outdate fast becouse of the proc..
    but ye eventually, they will get outdated, but far slower then the same Ilvl epic item