When to switch to Blood Tank

Right now I am tanking in 2h frost spec. I OT ICC10 last night and did decent, not bad for my first time. When should I respec to blood tank? I noticed more blood then frost tanking in icc

Thanks

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&n=Sithhappens

Re: When to switch to Blood Tank

There is no point where it's like "After this gear level, tank blood." Just tank whatever you enjoy, it all works.

Until Cataclysm. In fact, there's your answer. Cataclysm launch is when to switch to Blood Tank.

10+ Year Old Account

There is no real gear level to switch to blood. Its all about preferance. I've played around with all 4 tanking specs (yes UH too), and I've found that I like blood better due to the fact of self healing. So try it, if you dont like it go back to 2h frost.
    Naus' Armoury - Armoury

Quote Originally Posted by galewin
    Right now I am tanking in 2h frost spec. I OT ICC10 last night and did decent, not bad for my first time. When should I respec to blood tank? I noticed more blood then frost tanking in icc

Thanks

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&n=Sithhappens

Right now I have 2 tank specs. One is Blood, one is Frost(2h). When I'm tanking alongside a Paladin, I tank as Blood because they're doing the majority of the AoE tanking. If it's a Druid or Warrior I tank as Frost. If it's another DK, I tank as whatever spec they aren't.

For 25mans I tank Deathwhisper as Frost no matter what. It's MUCH easier (for me) to pick up the adds that way.

But like was stated above me, tank as whatever you want. There is no gear level that says "Blood (or Frost) is better to tank as now."

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Neressa
    Right now I have 2 tank specs. One is Blood, one is Frost(2h). When I'm tanking alongside a Paladin, I tank as Blood because they're doing the majority of the AoE tanking. If it's a Druid or Warrior I tank as Frost. If it's another DK, I tank as whatever spec they aren't.

For 25mans I tank Deathwhisper as Frost no matter what. It's MUCH easier (for me) to pick up the adds that way.

But like was stated above me, tank as whatever you want. There is no gear level that says "Blood (or Frost) is better to tank as now."
    I like your style.

Having said that, I just got my dk to 80 about 2 weeks ago and went the entire way as a frost tank.
    It is currently the only spec that I have.
    For the last day or two I've been toying with the idea of dumping the 1,000g to buy a 2nd sepc so that I could have a PvE frost dps build as well for when I didn't feel like tanking.

I may just skip that idea and have a blood spec / frost spec for tanking only.
    It seems like a nice way to not get stuck in a corner or possibly having to respec, based on the raid makeup.
    Quote Originally Posted by nickster
    does any1 know how much these new heirlooms will cost ?:O
    Quote Originally Posted by Diseous
    $15 a month

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    Performance correlates to a function of your skill and your gear level, it doesn't matter how high one is if the other is low.

Quote Originally Posted by Evoic
    It seems like a nice way to not get stuck in a corner or possibly having to respec, based on the raid makeup.
    Exactly this. Only problem is that raid leaders cry when I tell them I don't have a dps spec. For any fight that might only require 1 tank (not ICC) they get mad at the idea of being forced into a DK tanking.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Exactly this. Only problem is that raid leaders cry when I tell them I don't have a dps spec. For any fight that might only require 1 tank (not ICC) they get mad at the idea of being forced into a DK tanking.
    I have a complete dps set, gemmed, and enchanted....I just dps in tank spec.
    If it's a single target fight, I'm stuck around 2.5k-2.8k dps.
    If it's an AoE type of encounter, I'm easily over 4k dps and no one says much.

Keep in mind, that I said I dinged 80 only a short time ago and I'm mainly referring to 10 mans and heroics.
    Quote Originally Posted by nickster
    does any1 know how much these new heirlooms will cost ?:O
    Quote Originally Posted by Diseous
    $15 a month

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    Performance correlates to a function of your skill and your gear level, it doesn't matter how high one is if the other is low.

When Cata hits. Start buying some tanking gear now though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

10+ Year Old Account

Stay frost in heroics, and go blood when you get comfortable with it.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

DK tanking is more balanced then some believe. I would enjoy tanking the way you want to while you still have that luxury.

Quote Originally Posted by Evoic
    I like your style.

Having said that, I just got my dk to 80 about 2 weeks ago and went the entire way as a frost tank.
    It is currently the only spec that I have.
    For the last day or two I've been toying with the idea of dumping the 1,000g to buy a 2nd sepc so that I could have a PvE frost dps build as well for when I didn't feel like tanking.

I may just skip that idea and have a blood spec / frost spec for tanking only.
    This is exactly the opposite of what I did. I was frost dps and dropped the 1k to grab a dw frost tank spec.
    Quote Originally Posted by supazio
    I know everyone else is too lazy so whenever I run voa I just tricks the highest melee dps every cooldown. And I don't even have the set boner. ???
    Quote Originally Posted by Mondroc
    Hang on, you were going to make a class that you never see the race as with one of the new races, and then decide not to because you'll actually see aforementioned new race? Make does this sense not.

This is what I have and do. It works wonders having that flexability in a raid. On deathwhisper I prefer frost for the additional interupts as well ( I pug a lot)