Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: can you stop ninja looters?

I think everyone in this thread would appreciate knowing about the change that they have made to the Ninja policy, at least in Europe.

Now, if there is a specific agreement as to how the loot will be distributed, then if they lie it is being counted as a scam.

The GM can't remove the items from him, but they can suspend them for scamming.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Please note – this revised policy is not retroactive and we will not investigate cases which occurred before 29/04/2010

Moments after logging into the game for the first time, players get to experience one of the hallmarks of World of Warcraft: looting. Whether playing solo or with a group of other players, the process of looting items is integral to making a character more powerful. The more one plays, the more epic this loot gets—and the more complicated loot distribution can become.

Over the last few months you have made it apparent to us that scams (a.k.a. “ninja looting”) are one of your upmost concerns, and subsequently, we have revised our scamming policies in an attempt to prevent misleading behaviour. Our goal here is also to clear up any confusion about what we can and cannot help with in regards to looting, and provide you with the support that you have asked for.

Please take a look at these new and updated articles on our support site, which will explain “ninja looting” and the revised scam policy in greater detail:

What are the differences between group loot settings in the World of Warcraft?
    http://eu.blizzard.com/support/article/17196

What is Blizzard Entertainment's stance on "ninja looting" within the World of Warcraft?
    http://eu.blizzard.com/support/article/43810

I was scammed by another player. What can I do?
    http://eu.blizzard.com/support/article/17382

Looting Items in the New Dungeon System
    http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/30405

We encourage everyone to share these links with friends and fellow players. Should you have any questions or concerns about group looting rules, the Dungeon Finder, or related in-game policies, please do not hesitate to create a new topic within this forum.
    From http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....00295161&sid=1

So like a GDKP run, if they say "Main spec highest roll will get the loot" then if they don't do that, they can be suspended now.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Deleted

So basically, what you're saying is, if the RL says "loot rules: main specc prio, armor prio, nothing reserved" before the raid and then takes the tokens and DBW from Saurfang and logs off, you can make a ticket and they get suspended and have the ninjaed items removed from them?"

Quote Originally Posted by ita
    So basically, what you're saying is, if the RL says "loot rules: main specc prio, armor prio, nothing reserved" before the raid and then takes the tokens and DBW from Saurfang and logs off, you can make a ticket and they get suspended and have the ninjaed items removed from them?"
    Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Yelling at the leaky gas tank is much less effective than patching it up.

Ever recieved an item from a gm that was ninjaed before?

I just did saurfang 25 man and two protectors mark of sanctification dropped... now the guy that was our loot master took both of them.. i won one of them btw.. and then he logged of for never to be seen again, was in my guild too.. and i know that i most likely wont get it from a gm, theyre just gonna go through the old dont raid with people you dont trust thingy. But i wonder.. has anyone out there ever gotten their item back? XD
    Norway Ftw!

Re: Ever recieved an item from a gm that was ninjaed before?

Quote Originally Posted by StonyComet
    I just did saurfang 25 man and two protectors mark of sanctification dropped... now the guy that was our loot master took both of them.. i won one of them btw.. and then he logged of for never to be seen again, was in my guild too.. and i know that i most likely wont get it from a gm, theyre just gonna go through the old dont raid with people you dont trust thingy. But i wonder.. has anyone out there ever gotten their item back? XD
    Yeah I've gotten my item back, but why do you think GM's dont give you your stuff back simply explain what happened and he'll be sure to help ( it's his job afterall)

Wont work like that, the person with the item needs to consult the gm or at least used to before the 2 hr trade change came.. Now he`s plain a ninja and therefor its your own risk by joining a pug, the masterlooter decides who gets what and thats final, shortly said: you got fucked. The end.

Deleted

I believe that there has been incidents where ninjaed loot were indeed given to the right player. Although it requires, if memory serves me well, that loot rules were clearly stated earlier on in the raid - otherwise it's just reserving an item (2 in your case) without telling anyone. Don't get me wrong it's still ninjaing but I think Blizz is quite square about those rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Militant
    Yeah I've gotten my item back, but why do you think GM's dont give you your stuff back simply explain what happened and he'll be sure to help ( it's his job afterall)
    Care to elaborate on how you got your item back? GM's don't typically do things like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva
    The fact remains that you FUCKING FAIL.

you don't get your item back, they'll reply with an automated "we looked into it but found there wasn't enough info to be sure so we're gonna do nothing" message

only think they care about being ninja'd is rare mounts. they COULD verify every situation (true or false) but they don't.

they dont' really do much of anything anymore except count money.

Quote Originally Posted by gobtol
    Care to elaborate on how you got your item back? GM's don't typically do things like that.
    Like I said we(guild) simply explained what happened and (judging from your response) got lucky with a bored/very friendly/new GM.

10+ Year Old Account

I don't think GM replace ninjaed gear.

If the loot rules were clearly stated in game, GMs usually help (or so I heard anyway). If the loot rules weren't clearly stated in the raid you're likely screwed :-P.

15+ Year Old Account
    Who Cares? I like Eduard Khil though.. TROLOLO FOR PRESIDENT!

NEVER.
    Someone ninja'd my Black drake (rolled 100 for it)
    Some bad mage ninja'd my dragonstalker leggings....
    Never got either of those.
    I did however though ninja 2 Grand Black War Mammoths after a GM told me that I can "take whatever you like since you are the master looter and 'they trust you' "
    Infractions this, infractions that.
    There's my sig.

Deleted

Nope, never, and never will.
    Even though in some cases it makes absolutely no sense that they don't... -.-
    example:
    I once ran Onyxia 25 on my Death Knight. As luck would have it I was the only Death Knight in the raid, I was DPS, AND the Death Knight DPS helmet dropped.
    The Ninja-Raid Leader/Loot Master even went so far as to have us start rolling for the item before taking all the stuff and laughing at us, telling us how he just does it simply because he can, he doesn't care and so on. All of this was in the ingame-chat.

So - Only 1 Death Knight in the raid, one Death Knight-Only Item, even rolled for it, I was the only one so it was definitely mine. The Ninja was a Rogue. The bastard even had us rolling for the stuff, then took it himself.
    There's not a single reason in this scenario why the GM couldn't just send me the item.

I really, really, hate their Anti-Ninja-Policy. I usually like Blizzard but in that department they suck balls.

Quote Originally Posted by blizzardcashshop
    they dont' really do much of anything anymore except count money.
    ya dude cuz people submitting tickets all day for made up loot problems wouldn't be a massive waste of manhours

Sucks when people get ninja'd but it takes too much time to determine who rightfully should possess an item, and if they did investigate people would make false claims all day.

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....00295161&sid=1

Blizzard has updated their scamming policy, I suggest everyone to read the posts, especially http://eu.blizzard.com/support/artic...rticleId=43810 this one.

As it states "Please note – this revised policy is not retroactive and we will not investigate cases which occurred before 29/04/2010" I have sent in a ticket about an incident with ninja looting that occured on the 29th, so I'll have to see how it goes when i get my ticket answered.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyralis
    I don't think GM replace ninjaed gear.
    They will replace gear and or items if the loot rules were posted before the start of the raid. It falls under scamming if they take something that should of been open roll. I have had more then 1 item refunded and I spoke to my GM buddy to confirm this.

Blue post confirmation: http://eu.blizzard.com/support/artic...rticleId=43810

10+ Year Old Account

they won't restore anything for you without the other guy testifying that it happened and you both wanted to redistribute the loot, in a situation like that anyway

Basically, this is a slightly touchy subject. There is only one case where the GM will return the loot: the case where the Master Looter explains the loot rules before you start. Not just 'one item per person' or 'raidrolling orbs', but the whole deal: 'we roll for loot, whomever gets the highest roll wins it, raidrolling all saronites, one item per person'.

Just force your Master Looter to do this before each raid. If he/she refuses, it'll generally be a bad sign anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Djomka
    http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....00295161&sid=1

Blizzard has updated their scamming policy, I suggest everyone to read the posts, especially http://eu.blizzard.com/support/artic...rticleId=43810 this one.

As it states "Please note – this revised policy is not retroactive and we will not investigate cases which occurred before 29/04/2010" I have sent in a ticket about an incident with ninja looting that occured on the 29th, so I'll have to see how it goes when i get my ticket answered.
    Very good advice from the Djomka there, I suggest heeding it.

Quote Originally Posted by Echohunter
    they won't restore anything for you without the other guy testifying that it happened and you both wanted to redistribute the loot, in a situation like that anyway
    "In terms of loot, making and then breaking a clear in-game agreement on the way loot will be distributed by a Master Looter can be considered a scam."

"Please note that if In-Game Support is able to determine a scam has taken place after a clear in-game loot distribution agreement is made, any items involved may be removed from their current owners. In cases where a "rightful" owner can be proven, these items may also be transferred; however, loot will be left unassigned if a "rightful" owner cannot be identified."

Quoted directly from the 2nd link I provided earlier.

So basically, if I read and understand it correctly, you have to get the Master Looter to explain the loot rules about everything. Usually on my server in ICC PuG's leaders ain't shy and say "Loot rules: Mainspec before Offspec, loot will be rolled out for, BoE's will be raid rolled, Saronites will be raid rolled" since before, even if you broke those rules, there were no consequences, now on the other hand....just have to wait for my ticket to be answered :P