Threat meters addon?

whats the best threat meters out there atm?

Re: Threat meters addon?

I've used omen since... forever. It works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali
    Healers ARE held to a high standard, they're just also held to the healer motto: "We can't heal stupid".

Yep, Omen is great

Omen has become pretty much the standard, but Skada is an increasingly popular alternative, particularly since it can also act as a damage meter, switching to threat during combat, and the damage meter out of combat by default.
    Though you can create additional windows, to have both displayed at once should you wish, though it is rather lighter on features compared to say recount.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

KTM THREAT METER?
    I run a satire / humor blog site very The Onion-esque. It's like taking trolling to another level.

www.spinatlantic.com

I'm a warlock.

whats a threat meter?
    Quote Originally Posted by 420rogue View Post
    rawrrrr, i decided to make a new toon and now i can't get into the game....
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyth View Post
    this is the dumbest person i have ever seen.

10+ Year Old Account

Just hit Fd when the boss starts running at you.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Stood in the Fire The Painkiller's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I've never needed a threat meter as a moonkin, but lately I've been riding tanks on threat. Maybe it's just me....

Anyway, you shouldn't need a threat meter, blizz gave us a built in one now.
    Everyone's insane but me...

The built in one is pretty poor in comparison tbh, and like the equipment manager is a cheap copy of the addons it was meant to offer a realistic alternative to.
    I only use the equipment manager because it does only what I need, but I cannot say that about the threat meter.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

just enable nameplates or get the threat plugin for recount
    Time waits for no one.
    Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteres are at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

I use Skada, myself. It's an alternative to Recount, that also acts as a Threat Meter. I didn't like the RecountThreat plugin, as Recount didn't update the threat bars very often - it was often displaying info that was several seconds old (and in one case, after I lost agro, it displayed me as the highest threat for another 10 seconds after losing agro). Skada updates the threat information on a more regular basis - it's ALMOST as "live" as Omen's threat info - I rarely find it lagging more than a fraction of a second behind the real situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockzulu
    whats the best threat meters out there atm?
    Are you wanting it as a tank, dps or heals?

If for tanking, Omen is great, I use it in combination with TauntMaster and OptiTaunt.

If for dps and heals, Omen works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    The lack of rage on my Warrior is something of a paradox. Because everytime I hear, "Need more rage!" I get angrier and angrier, yet my rage bar doesn't fill up any faster.

Quote Originally Posted by TheParafernalia
    Just hit Fd when the boss starts running at you.
    most bosses this is ok but when they do forward doom stuff! not 2 good