Poll: Well..... are ya?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Are you excited about the return of 'Triage' style healing?

Okay so I've been playing my Disc priest more and more these days, and although I love the playstyle, raid healing has gotten a bit...stale for me recently. So I was talking to a friend who plays a Resto shammy about Cata, and she was saying that healing will require alot more though in Cata, not just 'keep everyone full or they'll get instagibbed' but more of a Vanilla priority system, where you need to use the best heal for the job (which wont necessarily be your biggest) on the right person, at the right time. This got me really excited about healing in cata, and I was just wondering if my excitment was shared by other priest, or if I'm just mental
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Re: Are you excited about the return of 'Triage' style healing?

Yea, I liked vanilla healing with downranking and choosing the best situational heal to use at the time.
    HoTs not stacking was a real issue though.

I've been playing a priest in vanilla and bc. I quit is in wotlk because it didn't seem nearly as fun.

Shortly, I'm sure many priests will share the excitement

Deleted

Yeh i also agreee with this, spamming 10 people non stop in nearly every ICC fight - or they instantly die - is really fucking yawn tbh. Glad its getting changed.

To be perfectly honest, I'm excited but a little intimidated. I played as dps entirely till the launch of wrath. Even though I wanted to play a healer, I never did due to my internet connection being unpredictable. Now that I have a great pc and fast internet, I switched to resto druid, and I've learned to heal in Wrath.

As a raid healer now, it's very much a game of whack-a-mole. You have to constantly keep everyone topped off all the time or risk death.

So sure, the changes do sound exciting, but still, I hope that I'm able to adapt well to the changes.

thru Wotlk I've healed on all available classes, in tbc I healed on ma shammie and priest, and in vanilla i healed just on my priest.
    And I gotta say healing has taken steps down in Wotlk, some aspects of healing are still ok, but mainly it's just bleh...
    So I hope cata will bring back some of the excitement and challenge of healing that it used to have.

As a Holy Paladin, I approve of this change.
    Join Amicus, 10man progression raiding, but on a respectable 2day schedule!

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Disc priest here. I approve of this. It's going to be fun to actually have healing be about more than looking at who doesn't have a weakened soul debuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzlebeard

10+ Year Old Account

good to know I'm not the only one ,

as I'm always a fan of the Meta game, I love the idea of adding an extra degree to healing, managing Mana, deciding on who should be healed and who can either wait/be sacrificed for the greater good... oh yeah.... this is gunna be fun at the mo I play a Disc priest, so mana is basically not an issue, all I do is shield spam and bounce PoM, with the occasional flash heal.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzlebeard
    I'm a Holy priest, and I approve of this message.

And this change. Playing Whack-A-Mole with Grid gets pretty boring after a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

im happy to see that you healers finally get some love

I just pray to god that they do even more regen balancing as the tiers progress. Honestly, healing in t7 was a lot of fun at first before holy paladins dominated with beacon and druids just kinda "got" infinite mana. I can see them undertuning the initial tier and making healing a huge pain in the ass (mainly due to mana contraints and overlapping heals, people dont like to assign healers to different raid members and shouldnt really, it takes too long) however, the ICC healing game is seriously stupid and likewise due to gear makes every other encounter in the game just a matter of gcd management.

Holy priests will come back as the "generals" of healing i hope. watching other classes do their jobs and filling in the gaps and picking up slack where needed depending on the fight.

i just hope that it doesnt get so expensive to heal that you have to have 8 healers and rotations as people regen like certain vanilla fighs
    Yes, then you could cast 6 GH's and you would be done...thats why you had 4 priests and pallies healing 1 tank. somewhere in the middle where one holy paladin cant just spam HL for 6 minutes to keep a tank up. THink back to patchwerk when it was first out (t7), it was usually 2-3 healers for one tank and it was all about timing and watching for overlap, getting a sense for when the other healers heals would land...but then tanks got last laugh and healers got torch of the holyfire and it was all over for mana management in Wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Songblade
    Disc priest here. I approve of this. It's going to be fun to actually have healing be about more than looking at who doesn't have a weakened soul debuff.
    Haha amen brother. I'm looking forward to (hopefully) getting some decent tank healing spells mainly. I know we're not meant to be pure tank healers at the moment but even when I have to help on the tanks during big spike damage I just feel so weak, especially if Penance is on CD

As a 2.0 Holy Priest, I still approve this message.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Yes I do.

But, on a sidenote:

Vanilla Healing?

Fun?

Quote Originally Posted by Greid
    I just pray to god that they do even more regen balancing as the tiers progress. Honestly, healing in t7 was a lot of fun at first before holy paladins dominated with beacon and druids just kinda "got" infinite mana. I can see them undertuning the initial tier and making healing a huge pain in the ass (mainly due to mana contraints and overlapping heals, people dont like to assign healers to different raid members and shouldnt really, it takes too long) however, the ICC healing game is seriously stupid and likewise due to gear makes every other encounter in the game just a matter of gcd management.
    The part about druid getting infinite mana, it's the replenishment that practically make everyone has infinite mana. Like you, Blizzard was too Challenged to see the real reason that's blatantly obvious.

Yes, oh god YES.
    This spamming one heal.. I mean a meatball could do that...
    I used to love playing healer back in TBC when it atleast required some thinking(I didn't play the game back in vanilla).
    As WotLK turned out, sadly, its all about topping, topping, topping and some more topping.
    Back in TBC if I kept topping ppl with my priest, I'd just be mana starved before half the fight had passed(this is something that passed in 3.0; Like when solo healing Kara with my paladin in random cloth/mail/plate gear from BT/TK/SSC).

I sadly know that ppl seems to think spamming = skill. Spamming in my mind just means you can press buttons fast, and really that is not why I play MMORPGs.

Lets just hope they don't ruin it after one patch cause of all the QQ its gonna start.

Cause I have no life, and I like it

Quote Originally Posted by Izenhart
    Yes I do.

But, on a sidenote:

Vanilla Healing?

Fun?
    this is what I remember about vanilla healing:
    1. Downranking was ridiculously powerful
    2. I had an addon that automatically cancelled the heal if the target already had full hp
    ^ if you did both of these things it was impossible to go oom

i've stopped playing on my hunter because being a dps was boring and i started playing my resto druid. it was fun at first but now it is just...bleh.

i once regrowth every people in raid just because i could with my infinite mana regen. i dont how they will balance druid healing in cata but i believe holy priests will have really fun time in cata.