Deleted

Idea for the new point system.

If it gets accepted here maybe someone can post it on the US forums for me because I dont have an US account.

How "cool" would it be if you can gain additional hero / valor points for doing "special" things in bossfights in cataclysm.
    Think it like this:
    You fight a big lava elementals in a cave as a boss. Hit it with some ice spells to turn it into stone. You gain one additional point when winning the fight. Use the environment like a boulder on a higher place of the cave to crush the elemental to deal additional damage and gain one additional point for winning the battle.
    Have two "guards" as a boss. They use a whirlwind attack while running after two players. Let them collide each other with the whirl so they deal damage to each other. If they take at least 100k damage from their ally - you gain an additional point at the end of the battle.
    It would be very nice to make "achievments" not only "wierd stuff you can do" but also gameplay elements that benefit you and your group in defeating an enemy by exploiting it's weakpoints. Those "special" things do not need to be neccessary nor do they have to "make the fight harder by doing something different" but "make the fight more interessting by doing something other than mashing your buttons". Nearly every "quality" game has those things like using a certain ability to "counter" the ability of your enemy - be it dodging an attack and hitting "extra hard" when the enemy has to recover his strength or throwing something back at your enemy that he wanted to pierce your skull with a second after by throwing it at you. There are so many things WoW can still do with it's engine. Help those developers to see these opportunites!

Re: Idea for the new point system.

Boss fights would be destroyed by utter retards thinking they can do those various tricks, and ending up wiping the group by missing something important like moving from the path of something, or fire.. Don't get me wrong, it would be nice for some fights, and the competent players among us, but the retards would break it.

"didn't see it sorry, I was doing the super special awesome trick to the fight"

Also you put a lot of things in " " marks.. One or two makes sense :P after a while it seemed like you doubted the credibility of the words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firen
    You do realize that this statue has 4 ears?
    Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    We are no loner that funny racist uncle, we are the uncle that abused you as a child.

Hm...

Actually another way to put it is that getting achievements or completing raids in heroic difficulty should yield more points per encounter. So say completing two whole tiers of Heroic raids should be worth 4 normal raids.

This way hardcore d-bags never have to step foot in 5-mans where they throw the gear scaling out of balance.

But if you're suggesting that Blizzard, should make physics or collision detection or other things that make sense, find their way into the game then I am afraid you will be very disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve
    Hm...

Actually another way to put it is that getting achievements or completing raids in heroic difficulty should yield more points per encounter. So say completing two whole tiers of Heroic raids should be worth 4 normal raids.

This way hardcore d-bags never have to step foot in 5-mans where they throw the gear scaling out of balance.

But if you're suggesting that Blizzard, should make physics or collision detection or other things that make sense, find their way into the game then I am afraid you will be very disappointed.
    Won't be possible to do Heroics Raids until you completed the Raid on Normal mode. Also if you are doing Heroic mode why would you want to buy Normal loot? The Emblem vendor never sells anything with Heroic quality and if you doing Heroic you will most likely just waste your point since better loot are already dropping.

Deleted

Boss fights would be destroyed by utter retards thinking they can do those various tricks, and ending up wiping the group by missing something important like moving from the path of something, or fire.. Don't get me wrong, it would be nice for some fights, and the competent players among us, but the retards would break it.
    - Thats actually a thing of balance and neccessity. The simple running out of fire gets old, I would not recommend blizzard sticking with these mechanics without giving it some twist.
    - Also "idiots" are only there because the game never ever makes you think about what you are doing. Currently most people just mash their buttons and not even look at the screen. If blizzard would encourage more players to actively participate in that what is going on, and especialy only punish those who fail and not the whole group (eliminating the "THIS GUY JUST WIPED THE GROUP"-moment and transforming it into "THIS GUY JUST KILLED HIMSELF"), the typical "retard" you know today will not exist anymore - mainly because players who fail will need to think about why they fail. Just subtract a point from a player's personal "score" when they fail. If they fail too much, others will still gain the full benifit of the GROUPS achievment, but the guy who lies on the ground gets less. So the noob will either need to play better next time, or quit playing - and that is what everybody wants.
    - Imagine the Icehowl encounter in colloseum without any tanking and spanking. The boss would just jump in the middle, target a player, bash towards him and either kill him and anyone in his path or bump into the wall and get stunned. No enrage or whatsoever, just plain movement with punishment to those who fail and a big fat "you did it right now beat the hell out of him" when everyone got out of his way.

"didn't see it sorry, I was doing the super special awesome trick to the fight"
    - Balancing is the point here. You can not fail the group when doing this super awesome trick, you can just miss it and the opportunity for the group may be gone, but this will just negate the group their "bonus" and not negate the group their overall reward.

Also you put a lot of things in " " marks.. One or two makes sense :P after a while it seemed like you doubted the credibility of the words.
    - Awesomeness in essence can not be described without quotationmarks! :-D just kiddin I do not speak natively english so I just "mark" things I want to point out that may be misunderstood or need interpretation of the reader.

No collision if you want to point at the "throw back" idea. You know how it works:
    "Boss A targets player B with "throw"! Get out of the way!"
    If the player stands at the same position he stood when the exclamation came:
    "Boss A hits player B with "throw" for 50.000 physical damage"
    If the player gets out of the way, a clickable object may appear on the ground, if clicked the player gets a "target circle" like when he uses an AoE effect and needs to target this circle on the boss enemy.
    Thats how simple as it gets.

Deleted

sry but i realy want some feedback on that
    so:
    /push