Hey, I had another thread in here awhile back where nothing conclusive about my low fps in-game was ever reached. I hit about 13 fps in 25m raids with or without addons and screen res between highest (1920x1200) and lowest (800x600). I'm running a sapphire radeon hd 4870 with 1gb of ddr5 which should slaughter wow hands down and I'm really confused why it doesn't.
I'm gonna just list my thoughts behind it and see if through brainstorming or something we can just figure out what's going on (if someone doesn't mind helping).
1) I don't think it's wow based. As stated earlier, different in-game settings don't net a gain or loss
2) Wattage. My motherboard says my pcie2.0 slot 1 is running at 25w which to me seems way too low. However I know that wattage or other bios sensors may read incorrectly, so I don't want to adjust it too high, but I believe that's what my bottleneck is.
3) Clock speed. I went through CCC last night and adjusted my memory and core clock to be higher - card was only running about 3°C hotter than normal (still in the green) but did not notice any fps increase leading me back to #2
4) DEP. DEP is disabled on my computer (I turned it off) and I've heard that causes some incompatabilities and weird things to happen. Have not re-enabled it. Don't know if it will make a difference (don't think it will).
5) CCC reads my card running at 800mhz in game so it >looks< like it's running full speed. However I get 20-30 fps in dal with low load.
I don't have my motherboard model with me right now (that would have been helpful) but I think that it's something with the configuration of the wattage atm. I've got the card hooked up with the pcie power cord directly from the psu (650w corsair psu) so there should be enough power to it and I shouldn't have to adjust the wattage in my bios.
Also, my bios lacks the option to manually tune clock speeds or frequencies of my video card(s) (only have one card in there atm). The only option I have is wattage which is reading 25w for the first slot and 75w for the other two. I have not tried swapping the pcie slots, but could do that later (I'm at work right now).
Any helpful advice would be great, 'cause I'm sick of this lackluster fps when I should be able to just run ultra.
Thanks, and I have no problem paypaling someone 20$ if they can solve this once and for all. <- that desperate.