Prot DPS icc 10man farm

In my ten man group myself and another ret paladin tank it. 11/12 hard mode, and we absolutly 'faceroll' it. To give you an idea, we could solo tank putricide and get three stacks at most, and on festergut we don't have to use CDs (tried that this week to see, but did start using them just because).

So, we've both decided to try swaping in some dps gear to have some fun on the partiuarly easy bosses. I already use the 264 axe in the first wing, forget who it is off of, wih a 20str gem and mongoose(berserking might be more dps, but would be a poor idea). I'm definitly going to wear by taj and rep ring. Might wear my dc and ldw 25 neck. I'll still easily be def capped and should still have over 55k hp.

Also, I need to get tier legs, I have hands. The legs I need to gem/enchant for my prot set for lk, but the gloves are going to be for this t/dps set. Str gem and either ap or str enchant (thoughts on what one is better? Considering str gives bv).

Anyone have some extra thoughts or spec tips? Spec I want to retain poj and dg, and need to keep command and for ldw adds.

Glyphs i'm thinking sov, judge for sure, and probably AS.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Prot DPS icc 10man farm

Don't know if you already have it, but change your chest enchant to +10 stat
    Use a tank helmet with the 3% extra crit damage meta gem - Probarly not the greatest idea, but either is tanking in dps gear in the first place

Gem: Strength is way better than pure attack power. Obviously.
    But I wouldn't suggest to gem pure strength, perhaps use the purple version with str/stam gem instead.
    The goblin warrior, Gallywix!
    "And the Heavens shall tremble!"

My name is Kenneth044, and I'm an altoholic!

you know there are 2-3 healers in your group also..
    Amberkintribe Yogg+0 kill 10man.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuQ1_SjRxaA

My healers have already said they are fine with it. As long as I don't go overboard. Using berserking or changing meta sorta being overboard. I also only have may main helm, and as we are still working on lk, I don't want to mess with my main tanking gear yet.
    Pondering returning.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    My healers have already said they are fine with it. As long as I don't go overboard. Using berserking or changing meta sorta being overboard. I also only have may main helm, and as we are still working on lk, I don't want to mess with my main tanking gear yet.
    Obviously - But there are lots of tanking gear in the 25 mans instances which you could probarly easy get your hands on (Helmet from Lady Deathwhisper...). But start out with gemming and enchanting your "offspec "-gear (your prot-dps gear), and then change rings and trinkets until you cross the line where your healers cannot hold you up any longer.
    The goblin warrior, Gallywix!
    "And the Heavens shall tremble!"

My name is Kenneth044, and I'm an altoholic!

That is actually the helm I use. I do suppose if it drops Tuesday I could snag it again.
    Pondering returning.