which secondary trinket to use as demo with my muradins spyglass?

I am lost when it comes to demo. What trinket should I use other than my muradins?

My options are as follows:
    Eye of the Broodmother
    Abyssal Rune
    Nevermelting ice crystal
    Embrace of the Spider

Thx again for the help in advance.

Re: which secondary trinket to use as demo with my muradins spyglass?

Embrace of the Spider

is the best of what you have imo

NIC has more sp but the use for demo is really sub par

Eye of the Broodmother for the SP. Talking rDPS ofcourse.

Eye of the Broodmother: 87 crit, 137.5 avg SP
    Abyssal Rune: 84 haste, ~130 avg SP
    Nevermelting: 122 SP, ~35 crit rating avg
    Embrace of the Spider: 107.8 SP, ~101 haste avg

Assuming somewhat normal scale factors at 2 for SP, 1.6 for Haste and 1.35 for Crit this means for personal DPS Abyssal Rune is better than Eye of the Broodmother. That should be no surprise. It also means that you would need 3 casters, not including yourself for Eye of the Broodmother to be equal to Abyssal Rune for rDPS. Essentially... use Abyssal Rune for 10 mans and 5 mans and Eye for 25 mans, or in 10 mans on fights like Dreamwalker where the rDPS value can be applied to healers. Usually more SP just means more over-healing, so it's of limited concern usually.

10+ Year Old Account

In real terms I actually found Embrace of the Spider to be better than both the Abyssal Rune and Eye of the Broodmother. They're all very close on the sims, but in action the solid base spellpower from Embrace ensured it was there throughout pauses in fights (Icehowl knockback, PP Tear Gas etc) so would never need restacking as the Eye does, or would never go to waste for the same reasons as would the Proc on Abyssal.

You can try to farm honor an grab the 150 SP PVP trinket. It's a solid 150 SP. The on use affect isn't that great, but better than no SP.
    CPU - i7-950 @ 4.1ghz
    GPU - GTX 470 @ 880/1760/2100
    Storage - 2x Crucial C300 64GB SSD Raid 0 / 1x WD CB 1TB / 2x WD CB 640GB
    Memory - 6GB Corsair Dominator 1600
    PSU - 1000W Coolermaster Silent Pro
    Case - Coolermaster HAF X
    CPU Water Block - EK Supreme Nickel/Plexi CPU Water Block
    GPU Water Block - EK GTX 470 Nickel/Plexi GPU Water Block

ive been using illustration of the dragon soul since the day i dinged 80 (over 12months ago) and i dont think i will end up replacing it unless dislodged drops

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nickle
    You can try to farm honor an grab the 150 SP PVP trinket. It's a solid 150 SP. The on use affect isn't that great, but better than no SP.
    I had the worst luck with trinkets through most of this expansion, so for a very long time used the old 213 version with +111SP. That 'on use' health actually saved my ass many many times, and by extension probably a good few 1% wipes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka
    In real terms I actually found Embrace of the Spider to be better than both the Abyssal Rune and Eye of the Broodmother. They're all very close on the sims, but in action the solid base spellpower from Embrace ensured it was there throughout pauses in fights (Icehowl knockback, PP Tear Gas etc) so would never need restacking as the Eye does, or would never go to waste for the same reasons as would the Proc on Abyssal.
    The eye is pretty easy to keep stacked, as it procs off Life tap. Just use rank 1 when no other option is available.
    It is easier to keep stacked than the spyglass.

It's easier to pre-stack than Spyglass. It's much more difficult to keep stacked as the Spyglass stacks off DoT ticks, which means it will never drop unless you do something completely stupid. Also, the two fights mentioned will cause Eye (and IDS) to drop every time. You are prevented from performing actions for 10+ seconds. You have no say in the matter. Still, those are the only two fights thus far in WotLK where it has the possibility of falling off.

ok so im gonna just rock the eye and spyglass for now till DFO drops. Thx all

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    It's easier to pre-stack than Spyglass. It's much more difficult to keep stacked as the Spyglass stacks off DoT ticks, which means it will never drop unless you do something completely stupid. Also, the two fights mentioned will cause Eye (and IDS) to drop every time. You are prevented from performing actions for 10+ seconds. You have no say in the matter. Still, those are the only two fights thus far in WotLK where it has the possibility of falling off.
    All the sims I ran at the time put Embrace ahead of Eye for pDPS, which for the sake of 2 spellpower on DP wasn't worth it; it's just an inferior trinket as far as I'm concerned, the Haste proc is just better than the static Crit for most specs and gear setups.

You're taking ~90 haste and 98 SP over 87 crit and 125 SP. The crit/haste tradeoff is in fact good, but the loss of 27 SP is not. Haste is ~20% better than crit, but SP is 25-30% better than haste. Your sim was likely not configured properly, was outdated, or you ran them in a different game version at the time. Abyssal Rune and Eye both beat Embrace of the Spider. The only thing worse that the OP mentioned was NiC, which is even inferior to Sundial of the Exiled for Demo.

10+ Year Old Account

This was in 3.3.0, I guess the recent Immolate change has improved the Eye, the difference between the 3 was a matter of ~30-40 DPS with the Eye last, so not exactly substantial even then. I imagine the differences now are still very little, and will depend greatly on situation; the same reason I chose Embrace over Abyssal - dependability over potential. But if the Eye has come along that far, then go for it.

I'm completely with you on the NMIC though, it is terrible for Demo; the proc simply doesn't generate any meaningful additional DPS as Demo Crit is so high anyway, and the 3 min cooldown is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Thalia~
    The eye is pretty easy to keep stacked, as it procs off Life tap. Just use rank 1 when no other option is available.
    It is easier to keep stacked than the spyglass.
    mine doesnt stack off of lifetap

I didnt read everything but Im going to say Abysal Rune.