Nightmare on elm street 2010

Anyone watch this yet? Reviews say it bad. I was wondering what you all thought about it.

Re: Nightmare on elm street 2010

its not out over where i am yet but me and my mate are pre-booking tickets to go see
    i liked the originals and from the trailer this films looks really good

I just have mixed feelings about casting anyone but Robert Englund as Freddy.

I mean.. the new guy may work out.. he may fit the role :P but he's no Robert Englund!

"Friends don't let friends be gnomes."

Some people say its just all sudden pop ups now.

I do want to watch it and i probably can online now but i was hoping to hear what others thought

Quote Originally Posted by Inarus
    Anyone watch this yet? Reviews say it bad. I was wondering what you all thought about it.

even if it sukz id still like it, its a feeling of ol skool when they redo movies from my time-
    "Two things are infinte: the universe and human stupidity; and im not sure about the universe"

Another crappy remake from a Hollywood with no new ideas.

And for whatever reason, people will Mindlessly throw money at Crap if someone said it is Gold. It just makes me want to bang my head on the wall how crap can make 33 Million Dollars, while good movies are never heard of.

Here's the average for reviews of this movie.

15%

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/nigh...m_street_2010/

Stop buying crap.

from the trailers this new guy playing freddy just doesnt have the right voice for him although the movie looks good his voice will probably spoil the horror of it all and turn it upside down

uh, i was iffish about it going in. Robert Englund is and always will be, the ONLY Freddy Krueger for me. It was weird to see a new guy play him after seeing all the old Nightmare's where it was Englund. That being said, once i got in, i laughed more during the movie than i was scared. It was just completely ridiculous. Like the post above, the voice ruined it, the acting wasn't superb. It just wasn't something that sucked you in and was believable like the original.

I work at a fancy movie theater and ive heard 50% say its good and 50% say its bad so im going to go up there tomorrow as im off and no and watch it (free movies ftw)

I saw it on Saturday. I thought it was ok, not nearly as creepy or suspenseful as the others, lacked the character development of some of the core characters. Jackie Earle Haley did an ok Freddy, the voice was Christian Bale/Batmanish and completely lacked the Robert Englund teasery.

A couple of the deaths were cool, but nothing "HOLY SHIT!?!" just felt generic.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

I watched this like 3 nights ago, and idc what reviews are saying i thought it was awesome! Yes, it include ALOT of the same stuff the original did, but the original itself was awesome, also, this is a remade so keeping it close to the original is kinda in the word there.

Onto the actual movie; its not really scary as such, more 'on the edge of your seat' with alot of jumpy moments. The special effects are really good and the way they remade some of the original dream sequences are amazing and some quite chilling (bathtub scene!). Freddy even looks more human, like a burn victim, rather than just a monster (if you saw the original you'll know what i mean).

Basically, if you saw the original: go see this, its really good and stays true the original.
    If you didn't see the original: go see this anyway, its well worth a watch.