Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Ever try helping someone and get this response?

So I'm online, not doing much of anything, fishing up some raid food, when a guildy on an alt asks me for assistance in toc25.

Being I'm not really doing anything I offer to help. When I get inside its a pretty bad wipefest, so I start inspecting people to see if there is anything I can see blatantly wrong. Well, I come across a resto shaman, that has +crit socketed into EVERY SLOT. red slots, were S+Crit, Blue Crit+mp5, and yellow straight crit. I look at the healing meter (yeah I know, its not 100% accurate) and I see him bouncing between 1/3 and 1/2 of the healing output I am doing.

So I think to myself, hey, maybe I can help this guy out a bit.

Wto> Mind if I give you some quick advice?
    Wfrom>Sure, go ahead.
    Wto> Try resocketing those crit gems with haste, it will up your output alot.
    Wfrom>Sorry, i dont chain heal spam.
    Wto>Haste is useful for more than just chain heal.
    Wfrom> [Improved Water Shield] [Ancestral Awakening] [Ancestral Healing]
    Wfrom> crit makes all of those talents better.
    Wto> [Fall of the Lich King (25 player)] Trust me, Haste will benefit you more
    Wfrom> L2p crit = pve, haste = pvp

I then linked him a healing meter, showing him to be roughly 40% of my healing at the time.
    Wfrom> I disconnected. Watch next time
    Wto> I'm just trying to help, but I can tell you, haste will be a bigger benefit for you.
    Wfrom> LHW is 1.5 seconds, it doesnt need to be faster
    Wto> If you want to get into icecrown and get some of that content done, you really will need haste.
    Wfrom> Sure, wotlk pve hero, go have fun killing easy content

At which point he just stood in the middle of the room, /dancing while we fought Anub. Until I dragged the spikes over him, at which point he started trying to be insulting in raid chat.

When people asked him why he wasn't healing he said "i have no haste, i cant heal"

I really just dont see how people can be like that!

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...sher&cn=Gouban

Give me an internet?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    No, they're the exchange students from China who cut your lock with bolt cutters, steal everything in your locker, then put their own padlock on the locker.

Re: Ever try helping someone and get this response?

Maybe 20% of WoW players respond to positive criticism in a good way.

I'm fairly sure if you linked healing meters then typed 'LOL, l2shaman, n00b' he'd probably go out and actually improve himself.

Well after he stopped healing and started whining in raid chat "if im so bad just carry me" I got a bit nasty. As did all the other members of my guild in the group. The absolute best part though, was the randoms in the raid. "Well maybe his way is better than yours gouban!"

I wish he had logged out in his pve gear so i could mention what his stats were in here.

Give me an internet?

No, they're the exchange students from China who cut your lock with bolt cutters, steal everything in your locker, then put their own padlock on the locker.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

I stopped helping people who didnt ask a long time ago. Basically if they dont see that you are a successful player they dont deserve the tips.

I just loved how he said "my lhw already casts at 1.5, why do i need it to be faster"

Give me an internet?

stuff like this is why teaching is such a hard job.

Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

haha ive had similar experiences (im a resto druid for pvp, ofc :)

some other resto druid was complaining that we were loosing because dps wasnt helping him survive...
    so i wispered him asking how he was handling alliance attacks (were horde, in AB) and he said he was spamming regrowth and nourish, took a look at his talents, guessed he was a PvE spec'd resto, and said "try moving more and using rejuv/LB"..

he told me that rejuv and LB were so BC and that i was a nub for using em... needless to say it was just funny to watch fury warriors and ele shamans just wipe him with silences...

TIRION: It is done
    RHONIN: I know it's done, I'm the d00d that did it
    TIRION: But without a lich king to chain it, the scourge will rampage across Azeroth, destroying all life, I am the only one who can bear this solemn burden.
    RHONIN: Because you did such a good job with the coliseum? I thought I fired your ass, Why are you even here?

You really do not want to get the RankWatch addon. I have gotten threats over those messages.

Quote Originally Posted by Pojodan

I'm fairly sure if you linked healing meters then typed 'LOL, l2shaman, n00b' he'd probably go out and actually improve himself.
    This

But whatever, its his own fault. If he thinks ICC is so easy, why hasn't he done it >_>;

Oh holy toast, I agree, and his furthest achievement was Storming the cit. on 10m.

Give me an internet?

Quote Originally Posted by Pojodan

This is too high IMO. I've tried to help plenty of people in game, and had maybe 2 total take interest rather than nerd raging.

@ Gahmuret

Am I mistaken, or is the 20 mount not the one you get for free by simply visiting the trainer, taking the quest, and give it back? I'd probably have ignored you for the comment as well.

/edit guess so, comment was deleted while i was typing.

Quote Originally Posted by Danund81
    Just SAY IT.* "I'm right you're wrong and I know it because I have the power of a website's link."

Quote Originally Posted by Holytoast
    This

But whatever, its his own fault. If he thinks ICC is so easy, why hasn't he done it >_>;
    No raid group? Stop thinking ICC is hard. Even the Lich King is stupid easy, the hard part is getting everyone to do the same thing.

I gave a similar response to someone once, who could only claim the WoW Official forums as the source for my incorrect placement of two talent points (which, by the way, were not incorrectly placed, the recent patch changed talents a tad). It degenerated into her making fun of a temporary gem I had in my gear weeks before during a raid that got scanned into armory -> wowheroes when I disconnected during the raid. It ended by me having to ignore every one of her alts.

Point is: not all constructive criticism turns out to be constructive. Sometimes it's just wannabe elitists nitpicking so they can feel superior. Don't be the latter. Linking achievements when someone doesn't take your advice makes you look like an elitist, and will make people clam up more. Actually try to discuss mechanics (OP did). If you don't understand the mechanics, you shouldn't be giving any advice other than a link to people who do (i.e. what you're regurgitating).

Granted, ICC isn't hard. But at the same time, the quality of the average player has diminished so significantly that it becomes hard when you have multiple people can't understand simple mechanics such as defile.

Give me an internet?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong
    No raid group? Stop thinking ICC is hard. Even the Lich King is stupid easy, the hard part is getting everyone to do the same thing.
    yeah bro winning the world cup is easy as well it just requires everyone to play very well together.....
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

Well I personally think the linking the achievement was showing that I had experience with content he did not, not as a "im better than you look what i can do" but more of a "I've seen these fights, I know what is needed"

Give me an internet?

Just be lucky that you have half a brain and he doesn't. Its unfortunate when such people bother you, but thats life.

You betcha. Was trying to help out a holy paladin, on my server there's this running trend of holy pallies who gem with hybrid gems, int+sp, int+mp5, int+crit, but never full SP or full int, so like i was saying, i tried to help him out.

Holy paladin links his crafted healing boots in trade chat for some reason.

Me: Hey, just thought i'd say that there's no inbetween for holy paladins. There's just full int or full SP. (Almost perfect quote, this encounter happened pretty recently :P)
    Him: DW, i've found my own better way of doing it. I'm not much of a main stream holy paladin (He ran with a 51/5/15 spec.. Sigh).
    Me: Just saying you could be maxing your output much more if you gemmed properly (was getting a bit angry after seeing other holy paladins with gear that i had been waiting to drop and had no idea how to gem every single day of the week... >.>)
    Him: Lol, i've three healed up to Saurang 10 man in ICC 10 with three holy pallies. (We're in a pretty bad server, 200th in US or something)
    His guildleader after 5 or so minutes of quiet: Hey, i just heard you were trying to tell my raiders how to play, can you please not? I'm not fan of eliitists. So and so. We're in a casual guild so we play for fun.
    Me: Yeah, well i'm in a casual guild aswell (I actually am :/) and i'd care to wager that we clear more bosses then you, thanks to us knowing our classes.You guys could do a lot better if you just went to a forum or something..
    Anywho he got more of his 'really skilled friends' to 'talk' to me and etc. I became friends with his guildleader and now the holy pally is a bit of a clown on our server....... This post could also go in the WTF moments thread >.>

ppl are just like that.. to damn proud to take advice, i have tried giving advice to mana priests i see... only spamming flash heal and greater heal.. i usually start like this: "m8 can i give u some quick advice, i used to heal like u and then i got this same exact advice and now im topping healing done in most HC encounters"

i have tried many different ways of helping and not ONE have taken the advice.. they are just either to proud to take advice or to stupid... i was happy when i got the advice i got about reglyphing and changing my spec... my healing increased from one day to another and i quickly got Core raider spot in my guild for my performance among other things ofc.

sigh ppl shud learn that its not wrong to take advice, there are ppl out there with just a tad more knowledge then oneself, bite the sour apple, take the criticism to heart and move on with better tools then before.

It didnt really bother me, I was more perplexed at how this guy could not get over thinking crit was superior to haste.

Give me an internet?