Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Dungeon Finder oddities

Here is an insteresting question I have been thinking about recently.

I wonder if anyone has signed up for Heal & DPS or Tank & DPS, well, normally you are guaranteed to get either the Tank or Healer role but I wonder if anyone has gotten the DPS role in this situation. Would seem highly unlikely, unless you happen to be selected when a DPS left a group in progress.

Another thought occured to me: I wonder if anyone queing as pure DPS has gotten a group in 3 seconds, while somone queing as Tank or Healer had to wait 10 minutes...

Re: Dungeon Finder oddities

I've occasionally been assigned to DPS instead of Tank or Heal when signing up for both. Certainly not often. And yes, I've received a group prompt at tank queue speeds for dps, as well. As far as waiting a long time for a tank queue, that generally seems to happen if I have one or more other dps in my group, I suppose narrowing the pool somewhat (though I don't see how it would have the effect it has had at times if that is the only factor). I generally split the difference and tank in my dps gear. Best of both worlds.

I always queue up as Healer + Tank + DPS on my Paladin and I usually get to Tank, on occasion Healer and only once as DPS. On my Hunter I haven't had any short queues but back when my warrior didn't have a lot of gear I've gotten a couple of instant dps queues.

Oh yeah the longest I had to wait for a Tank queue is somewhere around 20 seconds.

For the lowbie dungeons, I get heals about 90% of the time. Haven't dps'ed since before BRD, so roughly 20+ levels of heals. Total wait time is usually 10 seconds or less, but occasionally it takes a minute.

Personally I think the group selection can be odd. I've been in groups with 3 locks, 3 mages, 3 pallys, and 4 dks. Run randoms enough and you'll see every odd combination possible.

On my 30 something rogue (at the time,) I only had to wait for 6 secs. I thought that was strange and wonder if I accidentally signed up as heals (with bandages). ;P When i sign up for heals vs DPS I always get Heals.

I had 4 DKS in ramps when my shammy was leveling. They dont understand the concept of mana.....

15+ Year Old Account

The only time I've gotten DPS when queuing as DPS/Tank (on either paladin or druid) is when queuing specifically for ToC reg. I think lots of people queue for it as tank to get the Black Heart trinket...

Never had DPS when queued as a healer/tank + DPS. But, the other day, my Mage got a daily HC group in the same time as a tank. It was Oculus, so I'm assuming they just had someone leaving.

That's a good point; I think vacated spots have been the main reason I've gotten quick pops for DPS.

On my Paladin I que as all 3.

Thats how i'm levelling (with Heirlooms)

and about 10-20 % of the time its a DPS role

30-40 % Healer

and 60 % Tank

The wierdest thing has happened on my warlock.

1. I queue as dps
    2. Instantly I get a group
    3. One of the group is afk and doesn't accept.
    4. THEN it took normal dps time for me to get in a group.

Too bizzare.

15+ Year Old Account

I never get queued as anything but the tank if I queue as tank+x. Even if it's tank+heal or all three. It's always tank, if I queue as one.
    on my paladin, this started at level 10 (hi@ragefire) and ends right now with a gimpscore close to 6k when I'm trying to do the daily. I even quit my healer spec and gear at level 65 (+/-1, maybe) but continued queuing as all three roles and I never got an invite as anything else than the tank.

Deleted

Never happened to my tank... haven't tried with my healer, as she is dis/holy

Quote Originally Posted by xebtria
    I never get queued as anything but the tank if I queue as tank+x. Even if it's tank+heal or all three. It's always tank, if I queue as one.
    on my paladin, this started at level 10 (hi@ragefire) and ends right now with a gimpscore close to 6k when I'm trying to do the daily. I even quit my healer spec and gear at level 65 (+/-1, maybe) but continued queuing as all three roles and I never got an invite as anything else than the tank.
    Just a quibble point, but you can't queue til 15.

15+ Year Old Account

hmk. it's been a long time, I just knew that you cant queue form lvl 1^^
    I meant from the beginning until now, so I guess, those 5 levels don't make that big difference.

Quite often on my Hunter I will get a group after about 10 seconds after I log on, only to have a dps afk, return to queue and wait for 15 minutes to get another group. Makes me die inside a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine
    The only time I've gotten DPS when queuing as DPS/Tank (on either paladin or druid) is when queuing specifically for ToC reg. I think lots of people queue for it as tank to get the Black Heart trinket...
    this

i've been trying to go on my tank for a few days, the queue is longer if i dont select my dps, and even then i have too much heart to ninja the trink, so just wait out the tank waiting time.

Sometimes i am selected to go as dps, then just assume when get in i need to heal, until someone tells me. Then i get all confused and have to port to a bank. Its usually runs that say *this dungeon is already in progress*

Deleted

Managed to get this the other day on my druid alt at on lvl~48. While i queued for tank+healer+dps, i got selected as dps, and the person who got selected as tank was a moonkin who queued as tank to get into the instance faster. So we just swapped :P

I queue as all 3 roles with my druid twink. Until now I've been tank ~10 times, dps ~3 times and healer 0.
    Sha of *Gay* Pride!

With my druid I always queue as Tank/Heals and at this point it has to be over 90% of the time that I get picked as tank over heals. At lower levels (i.e. not queueing as a level 80 for heroics) my Priest queues as heals and dps and it's actually pretty close to a 50/50 chance for either at level 52. On my level 80 pally (who I rarely play anymore) I queue as Tank and DPS and I don't think I've been chosen to DPS once. From browsing the forums I would imagine that most battlegroups also have a severe lack of tanks in the queue at any given time which is why I seem to almost always be chosen as a tank on my Druid and Pally.

i always vue dps/tank and i get dps maybe 5%
    Ecce homo ergo elk