Thread: Help dps!

Help dps!

Please! can someone tell me what am i doing wrong? http://armory.wow-europe.com/charact...kir&cn=Yvainne -my armory link.At LK 10 man normal i am not passing 6.5k dps.What am i doing wrong? i got the good rotation so this is not the problem i think.
    Lightwell! It's gewd!

Re: Help dps!

Well, you could lose some hit rating, but other than that, your gear looks fine. So that does mean it is probably your rotation, or lack of dot uptime.

Provide a parse of a raid and we can help even more.

As was said, your hit rating is high for shadow. I play a S-Priest for the first parts of ICC (then I am the third healer) but I find it difficult to lose hit rating myself.

The one major change i see is actually an item drop from 10m ICC. Muradins Spyglass. When I checked your armory it was not one of your trinkets (perhaps you have it?) Either way I noticed a substantial increase in my DPS with it (I currently use Muradins Spyglass and the Nevermelting Ice Crystal.

One other thing i noticed is your glyph choice. This is mostly a personal preference perhaps, but I use Glyph of Shadow Word: Pain (as well as Glyph of Shadow and Glyph of Mind Flay). So far on the fights in ICC (even when we were progressing and the early bosses where a challenge) I never really used Dispersion. Again, that is just my observation and could be based on play style.

One Last thing (and again this is just a possibility and I am probably going against what others would do here) but your haste rating is (from what it looks like to me) rather high. Yes, I know haste is a great stat for S-Priests now. But if you could get your Crit % up a little more perhaps that would benefit you more than some haste?

Just to reiterate, a general glimpse of what the raid composition is (so we can see the different buffs) would be helpful!

(Oh and btw, 6.5k isn't absolutely terrible)

To add on to AC's post; you might also want to think about getting gloves or legs as an offpiece as opposed to your head since the shadow headpiece has good stats on it.

Also, 81 SP would be a better staff enchant than black magic, although if you can get something like frozen bonespike/ shriveled heart, thats better than nibelung since nibelung has a 1% proc rate and the main hand + offhand will give you a good chunk of extra spellpower depending on what you are able to get.

Another thing i noticed is that you have 5/5 improved mind blast and, you don't necessarily need that as a shadow priest, since your main source of damage should be mind flay followed by VT and DP. If you are using mind blast too much, that could substantially lower your dps. You might want to trade improved mind blast for focused mind and 2/3 shadow affinity or vice versa.

i used to start my rotation with mind flay for 5 stacks then use dots..now i put dots and then spam mindlay..refresh dots ..use mb after refreshed dots then mindflay
    Lightwell! It's gewd!

Quote Originally Posted by Shonubi
    i used to start my rotation with mind flay for 5 stacks then use dots..now i put dots and then spam mindlay..refresh dots ..use mb after refreshed dots then mindflay
    First off, please provide a parse so we can check out your dot uptime, second, I suggest looking at the sticky above to understand the spriest's priority system since all I got from your vague sentence was that you use our dots, MF, and MB.

Yeah its better the way you are doing it now. The only time you want to get 5 stacks of shadow weaving beforehand is to make shadow word pain more powerful over a long fight (like festergut or saurfang) and to be honest, unless you pull it off perfectly you wont see a dps difference. Its good to just VT, DP, SW:P MB then mind flay untill your dots fall off and then repeat.

If you think everything is done correctly, then it would have to be the raid composition.

Are you getting any Curse of Elements/Moonkin Aura/Wrath of Air/Elemental Oath? or other buffs that can enhance your damage? If you are not getting any of the above, then you wont be doing very high dps no matter how perfect the rotation is.