Thread: LUI V3.0.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

LUI V3.0.

Hello everyone, just wanted to state that Loui stated on both his own forum and on his Wowprogress upload for 2.0 that 3.0 will be released TONIGHT.
    So all you people that are waiting for it, you will get it today!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolour nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

Re: LUI V3.0.

yea, I saw.. seems nice

15+ Year Old Account

It is simply amazing, there are a few small bugs with it still but he is working to fix that, but the level at which you can customize this UI and still keep that polished look is nothing less than wonderful.

The more and more I use it, the more I seem to get back from it as far as usefulness. He went out to create a nextgen UI and while maybe not totally mind blowing, it is a huge step in a better direction I think.
    Start by assuming that everything you've ever known is a lie.....

10+ Year Old Account

Look like a fps killer.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

I think it looks really nice.

15+ Year Old Account

I doesn't affect my FPS personally, he tried to make it as functional as possible without using a ton of memory.

The basic install is rally awesome, but you can even set profiles and move some frames for things like healing mode and pvp.

shame it is for widescreen... for normal sized screens (or are they to be considered as small now days?) it just makes everything rlly small.

sure, u can get rid of the omen and recount boxes.. you can make bars bigger.. you can even make the font in your chat bigger.. but it will keep everything els small like quest logs and shit...

15+ Year Old Account

Download the file.
    Rename the folder LUI v3 to interface.
    Put your old interface folder on your desktop.
    Put the new interface folder(the one you renamed) in your WoW directory.
    Launch WoW.
    Make sure all the addons are turned on.
    Click install.
    Setup your buttons via bartender.

Edit: someone asked how to install, I'm not answering to hallucination I hope lol

With MY ui i got 7-8mb. How much you get while using Lui 3.0? anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Dotyou
    With MY ui i got 7-8mb. How much you get while using Lui 3.0? anyone?
    10mb during a raid. At best... and considering all the shit in it, it's pretty goddamn amazing.

He's going to shave off 1mb out of it in his next update by removing PowerAura which does nothing in that UI anyway, but still use too much memory
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

10+ Year Old Account

Could you provide a link to this loui persons forum. I'd like to see this UI for myself
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo
    Could you provide a link to this loui persons forum. I'd like to see this UI for myself
    Download: Here

Forum + Website: Here

Im wondering will it be or isit possible to only download the "artwork" or how i should call it.
    I mean the borders color by the classs for example and maybe the right and left bars.

Basicly i only want the artwork NOT the Unitframes, the FortX, the bag addon etc etc.

Im thinking about installing the whole UI again but deleting 95% of the stuff. But whats the artwork thingy? cuz thats the thing i would like to keep.

man its a nice UI, but I dont really need all that, really just want forte and ouf_lui layout but cant seem to separate all that stuff, anyone know how?

15+ Year Old Account

I'm not sure how to remove certain things, as I like the full UI as is, plus I know he is working to fix bugs and more it even more versatile.

As for people wanting only certain parts, most of the addons can be removed and switched out except for the LUI addon and like one or two others you can check on his forums.

Things I know you can change from my friends experience-
    combat text(its the blizz one with nice font options, my friends use parrot)
    grid can be switched to xperl or others
    the buff bar can be changed(and is currently for most people due to a bug with weapon enchants)
    Bags
    minimap
    map

so you can keep the nice polished look as long as you are careful to how you add things and don't try to change it all at once.

Hi :-)

I had no time yet to post an official announcement here on mmo but here is a "short" introduction.

After 6 Months of work, 20k lines of code and many sleepless nights i'm happy to release LUI v3.
    Its a so called NextGenWoWUserInterface because everything you know about UI Compilations will be turned around.
    Instead of just uploading my personal addon collection this UI was made by 100% for all of you.
    Because of the feedback from thousends of wow players this UI will match your expections in any kind and will change the way you look at a compilations in a way you cannot imagine.

All textures are selfmade and there are many animations and features you probably never seen before in an user interface.

It doenst matter if you are a healer, damage dealer or tank or if you do PVP or PVE.
    You can change EVERYTHING through an optionpanel with more than 200 ways to built YOUR perfect UI.
    LUI v3 supports Profiles, so you can switch easily between your PVP and PVE UI.

The Installation and Update process is easier than ever before.
    There are no WTF files included, so just put the Interface folder into your WoW directory, start WoW and press the Install Button.

LUI v3 supports all screen resolutions up from 1280px in width.

Download LUI v3:
    http://www.wowinterf...4130-LUIv3.html

Official LUI v3 Website & Forum:
    http://www.wow-lui.com

Here are some screenshots:

[img width=800]http://s.wowinterface.com/preview/pvw38830.png[/img]

[img width=800]http://s.wowinterface.com/preview/pvw38831.png[/img]

[img width=800]http://s.wowinterface.com/preview/pvw38829.png[/img]
    LUI v3 Author
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...UIv3.html#info

Member of <In Fidem> [EU-Das Syndikat]
    http://www.in-fidem.de.ms

i have a question for you laserloui. here the picture

look at top left corner. how can i move them to right and also top right. and how can i move down player and target frame

type /lui

take the time to see through all the options... the UI is just as good as the player who configures it.
    LUI v3 Author
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...UIv3.html#info

Member of <In Fidem> [EU-Das Syndikat]
    http://www.in-fidem.de.ms

Saw this featured on a website and decided to give it a try. Been messing with it for a couple hours now, and a few questions/problems keep bugging me:

1) What exactly do all these buttons toggle?

I know the middle one opens them all, and the right 2 control recount and Grid. What do the left two control, and how do I edit their functionality?

2) I installed Prat to give myself more control over my chat functions, yet I suddenly find myself with a little icon that I can move around, but can't seem to get rid of. It looks like it belongs to something like FuBar. Any ideas how to get rid of it?

3) Small pet peeve here. I hit "B" to open all my bags, but hitting "B" a second time doesn't close them all.

4) I'm a big fan of percentages on my unit frames. Is it possible to merge the HP/Mana text onto the bar combined with a percentage display? (Something similar to the default XPerl look.)

Thanks!

Looks really, really, really attractive thought, I might try it out