Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Garona in Cataclysm..

Quote Originally Posted by Warchief94
    As if shes going to be neutral, King Varian Wrynn wouldnt allow it, simply because of the fact she slaughtered his father, betrayed him infront of his own eyes. Varian will challenge her to a 1v1 tbh and in doing so he will show the wow developers that heroic leap needs delaying untill the next expansion because of how OP it is.
    I'm sure Varian would forgive her, just like he ever so rationally forgave the rest of the Horde for burning his hometown and slaughtering his mother. Oh wait... he's an asshat.

nvm

Quote Originally Posted by Warchief94
    As if shes going to be neutral, King Varian Wrynn wouldnt allow it, simply because of the fact she slaughtered his father, betrayed him infront of his own eyes. Varian will challenge her to a 1v1 tbh and in doing so he will show the wow developers that heroic leap needs delaying untill the next expansion because of how OP it is.
    It's not like she's leading a public major faction. If she makes an appearance in Cataclysm, she will be just by herself in a small camp with Meryl and possibly a few others, giving players quests to kill Twilight-cultists. Should there be an event/questline where Varian finds out about Garona's location he might send soldiers after her. How that would end is anyone's guess, but initially Garona isn't aligned to either Horde or Alliance. Besides, it's possible Valeera and Jaina will manage to change Varian's mind about Garona(the comic hinted at that, though nothing is 100% sure). It's also possible that the new council of Tirisfal will offer asylum to Garona, which is something Varian would just have to deal with, unless he wants to start hostilities with the council.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Zodal
    I'm sure Varian would forgive her, just like he ever so rationally forgave the rest of the Horde for burning his hometown and slaughtering his mother. Oh wait... he's an asshat.

nvm
    His behavour is for the good of his people, and from his personal experience, the horde are definately not good for his people.

nvm
    Or enslaving him.

Hating people who kill your father, grandfather, probably mother, burning down your hometown and enslaving you...yeah. Total asshats.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriau
    Or enslaving him.

Hating people who kill your father, mother, burning down your hometown and enslaving you...yeah. Total asshats.
    yeah, its amazing how thrall doesnt hate the alliance.
    Being enslaved for decades (not 1 year like varian, boo freakin hoo)
    Having his entire race close to genocide by the alliance
    Having the alliance break the peace pact between the alliance and horde after the 3rd war

Yeah, varian is such a good guy. Oh wait
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Medivh
    and Med'an son of garona and Medivh?
    I think that Medivh is the ultimate good guy, thus he will only appear to beat the crap out of Sargeras. Or at least try. Med'an, if i recall correctly, is being hunted by Twilight's Hammer, so he might appear in Cata.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Dupsiz
    I think that Medivh is the ultimate good guy, thus he will only appear to beat the crap out of Sargeras. Or at least try. Med'an, if i recall correctly, is being hunted by Twilight's Hammer, so he might appear in Cata.
    Sargeras is inside Medivh as he "got into medivhs mothers womb while she was pregnant".

if i remember right that is.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Darrkh
    Varian is a good guy, and how his history in the lore is made, I think hes doing his job perfectly ._.
    If you didnt know, Garona assassinated Llane right in front of Varian, then Lothar took Varian to lordaeron where he met Arthas.

Medivh, was controlled by Sargeras o.o or atleast a fragment of Sargeras soul was residing inside Aegwynn´s (i might have wrote that name wrong) vomb, then to be born inside Medivh her son. Then he opened the black portal and let the orcs into azeroth (Garona etc).

On the t9 naming:
    Kel'Thuzad was a mage of the Kirin Tor who meddled with black magic (thus: warlock).
    The Kirin Tor were part of the alliance until Dalaran got pwned by Archimonde.
    Van Cleeve was working for the nobles of stormwind until they betrayed him. So yea there IS a relation between the tier names (either current or former relation to the faction).

All in all this proves nothing if Garona will be neutral or alliance hostile.
    What I DO want to know is that someone said "stab people in the back against her own will". I read somewhere that Cho'Gal mind controlled her or something, but is she still going nuts due to some external influence?

Garona continued watching over her son. By the time of World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade, Med'an was attacked by a Twilight's Hammer clan party formed by an ogre, an orc, a tauren, a Night Elf, and a Forsaken. As they were beating him, she suddenly appeared and killed the entire party[2] however, later, she and her son were captured by more Twilight's Hammer members. She was taken to Ahn'Qiraj but Med'an was released.[10] When she got there she found that Cho'gall was still alive and that he knew the spell that Gul'dan used on her mind to force her to do things against her will. He sent her to Theramore to assassinate the newly returned King Varian Wrynn. This attack failed and she was captured by Jaina Proudmoore, while Med'an was recaptured by the Twlight's Hammer clan. Jaina and Aegwynn discover the spell placed in her mind but could not remove it without causeing her great pain and possible death. In a deal she made with Valeera Sanguinar she would endure the pain and give them some of the information they require if Valeera used the information to go save her son from the Twilight hammer clan. While Valeera and Meryl Felstorm went to rescue Med'an Garona was rescued by her uncle Maraad while Theramore was under attack from the Scourge. Maraad explained to Med'an who his mother was and who he was but as they were talking Valeera came looking for Garona. Thinking that Valeera did not keep her part of the deal she escaped while Maraad distracted Valeera but run into Med'an who was following Valeera. She explains that until Cho'gall is dead (he being the only one left who knows the safe word that would control her) it was not safe for her to be around him, that he should stay with his great Uncle for now. Garona then whent to Ahn'Qiraj to wait for her chance to kill Cho'gall.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrkh
    yeah, its amazing how thrall doesnt hate the alliance.
    Being enslaved for decades (not 1 year like varian, boo freakin hoo)
    Having his entire race close to genocide by the alliance
    Having the alliance break the peace pact between the alliance and horde after the 3rd war

The Alliance fought to preserve their existence from a race of demon controlled, blood thirsty monsters with green skin and large teeth who came from an alien world through a portal. Thrall's hatred shouldn't be to the Alliance, who kept him alive long enough for him to realize his vision of freeing the Orcs from their true slavers, the Burning Legion, but rather to the Orcs who bartered their own race for power.

Varian lost everything. Where Thrall was raised into servitude by a sadist, Varian was born into royalty, and piece by piece saw everything he cared about crumble until he was left without his memories in a pit fighting for his life. He's a classic tragic figure, destined to lose everything that matters to him. His hatred of the Horde is a legit one, and it's only going to be reinforced if Blizzard is going to add more of a war emphasis in the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by MestHoop
    On the t9 naming:
    Kel'Thuzad was a mage of the Kirin Tor who meddled with black magic (thus: warlock).
    The Kirin Tor were part of the alliance until Dalaran got pwned by Archimonde.
    Van Cleeve was working for the nobles of stormwind until they betrayed him. So yea there IS a relation between the tier names (either current or former relation to the faction).

All in all this proves nothing if Garona will be neutral or alliance hostile.
    What I DO want to know is that someone said "stab people in the back against her own will". I read somewhere that Cho'Gal mind controlled her or something, but is she still going nuts due to some external influence?
    You sir, fail hardstyle.

Demonic magic =/= Necromancy

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Khyra
    Garona continued watching over her son. By the time of World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade, Med'an was attacked by a Twilight's Hammer clan party formed by an ogre, an orc, a tauren, a Night Elf, and a Forsaken. As they were beating him, she suddenly appeared and killed the entire party[2] however, later, she and her son were captured by more Twilight's Hammer members. She was taken to Ahn'Qiraj but Med'an was released.[10] When she got there she found that Cho'gall was still alive and that he knew the spell that Gul'dan used on her mind to force her to do things against her will. He sent her to Theramore to assassinate the newly returned King Varian Wrynn. This attack failed and she was captured by Jaina Proudmoore, while Med'an was recaptured by the Twlight's Hammer clan. Jaina and Aegwynn discover the spell placed in her mind but could not remove it without causeing her great pain and possible death. In a deal she made with Valeera Sanguinar she would endure the pain and give them some of the information they require if Valeera used the information to go save her son from the Twilight hammer clan. While Valeera and Meryl Felstorm went to rescue Med'an Garona was rescued by her uncle Maraad while Theramore was under attack from the Scourge. Maraad explained to Med'an who his mother was and who he was but as they were talking Valeera came looking for Garona. Thinking that Valeera did not keep her part of the deal she escaped while Maraad distracted Valeera but run into Med'an who was following Valeera. She explains that until Cho'gall is dead (he being the only one left who knows the safe word that would control her) it was not safe for her to be around him, that he should stay with his great Uncle for now. Garona then whent to Ahn'Qiraj to wait for her chance to kill Cho'gall.
    Isnt Cho'gall supposed to be ressurecting C'thun? If so, either we fight Cho'gall in this expansion and possibly C'Thun and we get a big appearance from Garona and Me'dan, or we get an appearance from a different old god (more likely) in which case im sure they wont even go near the C'Thun and Cho'gall situation, 2 OG's in 1 expansion, not happening.

You sir, fail hardstyle.

Demonic magic =/= Necromancy
    I stand corrected.
    Looked it up and it does say he studied necromancy, I thought general dark arts.

15+ Year Old Account

Garona is the reason my main (was) a Female Orc Rogue.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriau
    Or enslaving him.

Hating people who kill your father, grandfather, probably mother, burning down your hometown and enslaving you...yeah. Total asshats.
    Yeah, just like when Thrall was enslaved as a child by Proudmoore and made into a gladiator for Proudmoore's amusment. That explains why Thrall is such a...oh wait. NVM
    Quote Originally Posted by Phenomina View Post
    Sometimes faction pride goes beyond rational lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluck View Post
    No no this is Warcraft, not Lovecraft, I know it's confusing with both of them having old gods, but they're different.
    Knarg: "Man, the Alliance are always either shrieking that they're losing or shrieking that they're winning. What's with that?"

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Wysard
    Yeah, just like when Thrall was enslaved as a child by Proudmoore and made into a gladiator for Proudmoore's amusment. That explains why Thrall is such a...oh wait. NVM
    It was Blackmoore, not Proudmoore. And Blackmoore was planning to turn Thrall into his General who would muster up the Orcs then overthrow Lorderon

Quote Originally Posted by Izhara
    Psh. Orc women are gorgeous.
    Not to mention badass.

Gorgonna's really everything Thrall could want in a mate. Pretty, level-headed, smart, committed to the Horde's well-being to the point of killing her own sister to keep a riot from breaking out in Conquest Hold, and able to hold her own in a fight. Granted whether or not she's averse to an Alliance-Horde coalition isn't really touched upon though given her similarities to Saurfang (which makes me wonder if they have some sort of bromance going ) I wouldn't put it past her.
    I half suspect that she's more in the "fight if it's necessary" camp than in the "rawr, orc smash!" one. (The latter seems more her sister's style.)

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

hope there will be a neutral faction where you need to hunt twilight cultist for with as leaders: Garona and Malfurion! both in lore and neutral. :P

Medivh was just good at pretending to be a good guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Farseer Lolotea
    Not to mention badass.
    Izzyedit: Awesome pic of Gorgonna goes here
    Hell yeah.

I half suspect that she's more in the "fight if it's necessary" camp than in the "rawr, orc smash!" one. (The latter seems more her sister's style.)
    She strikes me as that sort too. Makes me wonder if she was raised in an internment camp and heard the stories of the Second War from survivors or if her parents were Second War vets who told her about how things used to be and drilled it into her to avoid that sort of mistake (though apparently Krenna took from it 'go kill stuff while treating your subordinates like Gul'dan did').
    This line will not change of my own volition until Knaak stops screwing Warcraft Lore to write more bad fanfics.

Thanks Amuno!