Gear Gaps, and Skill. Not just a PvP issue!

(Note to readers: This post is a joke to prove a point. Read the whole thing before you reply)
    (Note to moderators: This post is satire, so please don't move it and/or ban me for trolling! Thanks! )

I am sick and tired of Blizzard catering to the hardcores in this game! I don't have 4-8 hours a week to sink into this game! And it's a game remember? I think some of us tend to forget that sometimes.

Everytime I go into a heroic I'm sometimes put together with some douche raider with his 25ICC and hardmode heroic gear on, and I just can't compete! If this game is about SKILL, then why is it that Blizz lets people abuse gear disparities as a crutch to out-perform me!? And the worst is when one of these raiders is a dps, and completely out-threats my tank friend (who actually has a life so he doesn't have all the best gear) and then the raider yells at HIM for being bad!?? I like to do PvE, but I just don't like raiding, so why should I be punished for not enjoying Blizz's little creation for the hardcores? As if Raiding is the be-all end-all display of PvE skill, which it's not. Personally I feel a lot more responsibility when I'm in a 5player dungeon than in a 25man raid where there's 24 people other people to carry a bad player.

If people want gear gaps, they should take it to Arena, where at least they bracket players so they don't have to see each other until they are in equal gear. Gear gaps have no place in PvE where SKILL is supposed to trump GEAR. The problem really is about all these raiders being scared of losing their raid spots to "casuals" if everyone has the same gear as them. I keep hearing about how these raiders are supposedly so much better than those without the gear, and that they only have it because they are better; but if that's true, then what do they have to be afraid of? They're just scared of losing their advantage, and will actually require skill to get into a raid instead of just gear.

Also, currently, the game favors a "rich get richer" system, where those who raided in the previous tier, already have all the best gear and can immediately jump into gearing up in the new content. Meanwhile those with lives, are always a step behind and can't keep up. If Blizz made it so that we can get the same gear without actually having to raid first, I might actually take an interest in raiding because I'd actually have a fair shot at competing on a level playing field.

Does any of this ring a bell? It doesn't make sense for PvE, so why should it make sense for PvP?

Re: Gear Gaps, and Skill. Not just a PvP issue!

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag
    Let me guess, a sarcastic whine at the removal of rating from pvp gear.

I think the horse is already dead. You might want to stop beating it now, directly or indirectly. Or at least beat it in the countless threads already opened.
    Actually it looks like Blizz isn't going to go so far as to just give everything away. But what I found shocking was the sheer # of people who fully supported the idea of just dumping free stuff from the sky onto every player, as if it would actually be a good thing for the game. So yeah since people still feel that way, I'm gonna kick the horse some more as it still seems pretty lively. I might just be able to get some sense through to some. Ya never know.

Because if it wasnt for this change youd be stating that pvp is skill and pve is a rotation grind. Cata is your chance beat some casual with your awsome skills.
    Pretend this is a amazing sig with my character holding an legendary.

10+ Year Old Account

People that really care about competitive PvP only care about the ladder anyway. And heroic level weapons require a minimum rating anyway. Just stop caring about gear. It's pretty clear that Blizzard wants everybody to have plenty of it making it almost a non-factor. It ends up showing the true skill in people.

Rather than out performing because of a high gear level, you're outperforming because your gem, enchants, and spec choices are better, and your skill is higher.

Deemphasizing gear also helps to keep the game fun. Rather than running MC to get you full Tier 1 set for 8 months because of terrible luck and a low drop rate making you completely dread Tuesday's raid while feeling strongly compelled to show up, you stop worrying about getting gear and focus on what makes the game fun for you, whatever that may be.

Epeen stroking through gear was dead a long time ago.

I realise this seemingly is very difficult for you to grasp, but PvE and PvP cannot be compared like that.
    This is my signature. You will now remember me.

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag
    Free stuff ? Farming hcs for badges goes back to when you could spam random hc and buy Conquest items with those ( was it mid-wotlk ?). A full set of conquest gear was just one tier below triumph at that time and you only got triumphs in raids.

At this moment, if you farm hcs for triumphs you can only buy the Furious set which is 2 tiers below the latest season's gear. Ofc, Relentless can be bought with frosts but those drop only in the ICC raids and a couple in VoA, and most ppl aren't even accepted in ICC pugs unless they already have some T10, so buying relentless for frosts is kinda tricky especially if you are in a pve guild, where pve gear must come first.

With this change, it kinda evens things out. Casuals will be able to spam random hcs for their pvp gear which won't be horribly outdated when compared to the latest gear.

What's so wrong with that, considering it's already happening in PVE ?!? And please don't give me the old "PVP is teh skeel bro, PVE is faecrol" crap.
    Um, You proved yourself wrong.

Currently by farming heroics you can get Furious PvP which is 2 seasons below Wrathful that is currently attained by PvPers who work for it in Arena; and Conquest PvE which is 2 tiers behind the current t10 which is earned by raiders. 3 Tiers behind if you count Sanctified t10 as the current tier for PvE actually. (t9conquest, t.9.5 triumph, t10, t10.5sanctified)

On top of that when you farm your daily heroic, you get frost badges which can either buy you the 2nd best PvP gear to date (Relentless) or the 2nd best PvE gear to date (t10..not Sanctified).

If you don't do arena and you don't raid, you don't get the best gear. In Cata I was hopeful there would be a ranked a BG system to help take the focus off Arena, but upon first announcement it seemed that blizzard was going to completely open the flood gates to freebie pvp gear which is where all these arguments started. As of right now I am cautiously optimistic they will have a rewarding gearing process and through both Arena and BGs, but the attitudes of so many here that everything should be dropped on you lap in a care package in the name of "fairness" for PvP just rubbed me the wrong way.

made me giggle

thanks man
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!