Poll: Which gear setup do you think is best

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thoughts on Holy Gear Setup (Arena)

Okay, so i just got my 2200 mace yesterday and naturally now i have to decide where to go next and with that comes deciding the overall goal. atm im looking at three overall designs, but as i present them please take into account that this is mostly for 5s (HPally/Disc/Hunter/DLock/mage or ele) & although i do run 3s (PHD) it is not the main focus.

Set Number One http://www.wowhead.com/profile=21341852
    Exactly what you see in the profile i linked
    Five Piece main set
    haste/crit belt/boots/bracers
    haste PvP neck/back to keep resil up

Set Number Two http://www.wowhead.com/profile=21341890
    Replace either helm or chest with the 264 tier piece (haste/crit)
    Dops resil from 1091 to 993
    Set Number three
    Drop more of the PvE gear to boost overall resil, perhaps if resil gets excessively high use the wg trinket instead of the insignia

Re: Thoughts on Holy Gear Setup (Arena)

Number two or even less resil, imo. Drop the wrathful ring for the 277 rep one, maybe? Or the BOE neck from the blood queen (crit/haste/yellowsocket), even?

i dunno, personally im scared of of going below 1k resil w/ all the HPally/SPriests/Ele/Boomkin/lock (or switch out a hunter in there) teams on my battle group. as it is they love to switch to me if im feared out in the open and/or when pillars go down in RoV. the ring might be a good idea as i would trade the crit/resil for haste but prolly not the neck since its only trading crit/int for resil/hp, do that many people really get away w/ sub-1000 resil?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenaur
    i dunno, personally im scared of of going below 1k resil w/ all the HPally/SPriests/Ele/Boomkin/lock (or switch out a hunter in there) teams on my battle group. as it is they love to switch to me if im feared out in the open and/or when pillars go down in RoV. the ring might be a good idea as i would trade the crit/resil for haste but prolly not the neck since its only trading crit/int for resil/hp, do that many people really get away w/ sub-1000 resil?
    When you are facing a 4 ranged dps its most likely that you are going to die in 2 seconds, don't matter how much resil you are running (if you don't have trinket or bubble up). 2% dmg reduction won't help much if they all cast hit you freely.
    The only salvation is to LoS (that is hardly possible when you get feared to the open) or with help from your team (a.k.a CC or interrupts). But i wouldn't use less than 800, in this case you might die for a single dps.

Stack haste, play gay with pillars and hope you won't get feared to the open without bubble on. That is what I'd do

true you do have a point but i have experienced a HUGE difference between like 800-1200 in cases like that, i just thought i would ask the question since i see most glads running around with about 1100-1200 resil these days, i personally like the extra haste but i dunno just cant make up my mind =[
    lol

Where's the "Reroll Human" option?
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

bump

What's with all the SP gems? As far as I'm aware, you want Intellect, even in arenas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest
    Where's the "Reroll Human" option?
    Humans are just OP for PvP. Would indeed be a good option.
    Personally I would go with full PvP kit, except for a PvE trinket and ICC rep ring, but if you run 5s and rarely get targeted, you may even want to consider going for something like a half PvE kit for haste and HL spam. You would probably have to test that before really knowing if it works, as too much would mean you probably get targeted and globaled.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aszune&cn=Anessa

Quote Originally Posted by Zenaur
    true you do have a point but i have experienced a HUGE difference between like 800-1200 in cases like that, i just thought i would ask the question since i see most glads running around with about 1100-1200 resil these days, i personally like the extra haste but i dunno just cant make up my mind =[
    lol
    Oh, for sure, I'd never wear less than 1k for 3s. I think most of Glads (and players in general) are gearing up for 3s, but I might be wrong too.

Of course there is a huge diference between 800 and 1200, but I'm not sure it will help when there are four dps hitting you. It just too much dmg and burst.

I would go for 500+ haste, or FULL pvp gear to boost resil.
    I have not run 5s, but i guess full pvp would be better since you can't really do much with 4 (or 3) dps on you with less than 1k resil.
    but for 3s I would go with 500 haste or so, keeping 4pc wrath ofcourse.

10+ Year Old Account

I use full pvp gear at the moment except my shield/sword/shoulders(I want to replace my BMasters with the Frost Badge Trink, and my relentless ring with a 25 icc one)... i have around 1k resil and its working very well for me. (armory in sig)

i have 3 games played in 3's as holy (the shamans w/l ratio is my holy w/l... yes, the whopping 2-1 ratio... the loss came from me forgetting to put him in my bop macro vs a dk/war/resto shaman team -.-), and all of my games on my current 2's are holy (5-3, losses were to Hpally/warrior, tree/warrior, hpally/mm hunter).

Could someone be so kind to take a look at my gemming/enchanting/spec and let me know how to improve? (i dont feel comfortable posting in this thread as i'd be of little use, if not absolutely none, to the person before me, which would defeat the purpose of the thread)
    Look up, see the buzzards circling?