Does the ICC buff affect your gems?

Okay, so a little introduction: As a full-time Holy Priest that was geared around "enough" Spell Power, getting more and more didn't really increase my effective output, whereas swapping to full Haste did (while the buff kept me at the same output, and now even more, hooray net gain). Restoration Shaman probably feel the same way about haste now, if they weren't already.

But.

I'm asking this here from a damage point of view, and asking the Enhancement community because you guys are notorious for your ability to sim everything. Has the buff actually shifted what you go for? Or is it a moot point either way?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Re: Does the ICC buff affect your gems?

This was covered in a more general sense in another forum I believe.

For DD's it is a moot point. Your damage (not your spell power, attack power, whatever) is scaled. Therefore, whatever you do before the ICC buff will be increased by whatever %. So, gemming for haste or AP or whatever has the same effect on your DPS before and after the buff.

The only case where this might affect gear choices is tanks, since there MIGHT be a point where gemming for stamina is not as needed.

Why on earth would it...?

Also, healers (maybe just paladins) can be affected too. With +30% heals, FoL pallies are extremely useful.

10+ Year Old Account

Its a definite no sorry. Since stam doesnt affect our AP (like a surv hunter) or haste, and since the buff doesnt affect any other stats besides stam, its a no.
    As u said its a mute point either way. If we gem for AP or haste or even agi it would affect us just the same. Lets say with the gemming haste we do 9k dps (pre ICC buff) and after we will do 30% more dmg. If we gem agi and we drop our dps down to lets say 7.5k dps (pre ICC buff) it will still only go up 30%. Therefore maxing our dps pre buff will still end up giving us the best dps.
    "There is a savage beast in every man, and when you hand that man a sword or spear and send him forth to war, the beast stirs." - George R.R. Martin, A Storm of Swords

Quote Originally Posted by xxApelxx
    Its a definite no sorry. Since stam doesnt affect our AP (like a surv hunter) or haste, and since the buff doesnt affect any other stats besides stam, its a no.
    As u said its a mute point either way. If we gem for AP or haste or even agi it would affect us just the same. Lets say with the gemming haste we do 9k dps (pre ICC buff) and after we will do 30% more dmg. If we gem agi and we drop our dps down to lets say 7.5k dps (pre ICC buff) it will still only go up 30%. Therefore maxing our dps pre buff will still end up giving us the best dps.
    It's actually health, not stam, so any talents that increase damage based on stam have no change.

Yeah, its not stamina, it's health. 50,000 health in icc with 30% would be 15,000 more. 70,000 buffed in ICC would be 21,000 more. 30%
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier10101
    Yep, humans went around in those days casting balls of nature and stars at each other, and healing each other on the battlefield with thrown leaves.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Buff
    Hellscream's Warsong
    Health increased by 15%.
    Healing and absorption effects increased by 15%.
    Damage dealt increased by 15%.
    Stamina = Health x 1.15

Healing from Spells x 1.15

Dmging attacks including autoattacks x 1.15

pretty much this I believe
    Wowhead/Wowwiki /cheer! -- iz k I no spiek moonfare LOL! -- twitter.com/flashieme

Healing is really a special case due to the nature of their only being so much damage to heal. The ICC buff if you pushed it high enough would eventually completely re-order the value of healer specs never mind healer itemization - but it won't really make a difference to dps relative abilities or gearing choices until they're at the point of 2 shotting bosses

Has anyone tested if the buff actually affects damage caused by our totems? Magma/FE are not considered as pet nor is their damage caused by you so I'd assume they do not benefit from the buff. When targetting totems they do not have the ICC buff. The only thing that I see this could change would be the priority of Magma Totem in our priority queue but obivously the dps gain would be minimal.

Compared to other classes we would seem to have a slight disadvantage with the buff since it does not appear to affect our totems.

Quote Originally Posted by Butu
    Has anyone tested if the buff actually affects damage caused by our totems? Magma/FE are not considered as pet nor is their damage caused by you so I'd assume they do not benefit from the buff. When targetting totems they do not have the ICC buff. The only thing that I see this could change would be the priority of Magma Totem in our priority queue but obivously the dps gain would be minimal.
    Haven't tested whether the ICC buff affects magma totem, but 2-piece T10 DOES affect magma totem. Because the buffs are both the same type of effect ("Damage dealt increased by X%."), I'd expect that the ICC buff behaves the same way as the 2-piece T10.

Just checked fire elemental with 2-piece T10 and it doesn't gain the damage bonus if SR is cast after the elemental is already down. Can't say for sure whether it'd gain the damage bonus if FE was dropped while SR is already up, but I doubt it would.

Of course, this is just speculation. I'm not positive that the ICC buff works the same way as 2-piece T10 and provides a bonus to magma, but if I had to guess then I'd assume it does.

no. The ICC buff only affects your output of damage or healing. Better gems will result in more damage or healing, which will then be affected by the buff.

The only gem that's really affected (kinda) by the ICC buff is stam gems. Stam gives health, which is increased by the buff, so if you think about it technically, it does affect them. It's a stretch though