Arcane CDs, when to use them a 2nd time

So I always start the fight off doing ABx3, PoM AB, pop trinket, IV, AP, Mirror Image and then Missile Barrage, continue with my rotation. This assumes I know when Heroism is coming and I can do this safely and have them all off CD when we pop it.

My problem is I have no idea what to do with them after the first cast. Trinket is 2 min, AP is 1.4 min, IV is 2.4 min, and Images are some other not nice number.

Do I pop them as soon as they come off CD (assuming Patchwerk-like fight) and whatever is up for Heroism is just dandy? Or do I wait to pop them all together again, or stagger certain ones, etc?

I do make sure not to pop IV at the same time as Hero since I cap, so that's always used right after hero ends.

Re: Arcane CDs, when to use them a 2nd time

Pop all 3, AP solo, all 3, AP solo. Rinse Repeat.

Stick to that unless there isn't enough time left in the fight to get the cooldown again if you used it right now, then just sync as much as you can. The other exception is bloodlust. Know when you're going to use it and try to get everything up during. The exception to "waiting" on bloodlust is if it would cause you to lose using the cooldown an extra time. Bloodlust doesn't double the value of your cooldowns, so if you wait for bloodlust for too long, you'll gimp your dps if you miss another use.

It's pretty straight forward, but you need to get used to how fast your guild kills things and when they lust to get a feel for it.

Ok first, i would start the fight different.

I cast 1 Ablast, then pop all my Stuff, i do this to stack all the procs that i have on gear on top of the other cooldowns. And this way the cooldowns get ready slighty earlier.

Then, after AP is finished i cast 3 Ablasts, then when casting my 4th i prepare to use PoM, and then use my MBarr Proc. This is a bit tricky to pull of but it gives your MBarr 30% additional crit chance which leads to slighty higher damage.

So, the rest off the fight depends on how long the fight is, and when your raid uses heroism. As you said you should use all cooldowns except IV during heroism. Generally you would want to do the following. Pop everything on start, then use AP as soon as available, then delay IV until AP and Images come off cooldown (should be close together if you used AP immediately after it came up again) and pop everything again. Trinkets can be a bit tricky to mix in as they have kind of odd cooldowns compared to our cooldowns. (One reason i do not like on use trinkets)

So in short, AP when available, IV with AP but not with Hero, MI always together with everything else. Hero with everything except IV.
    You can use PoM as described to boost your MBarr, or as an emergency movement spell to keep your ABlast Stack up
    Awesome since 1986 - Armory

afaik the 30% crit on next spell only work for the first missile of aracane missile, so is better to use i when already at 4 stack to hit with a full buffed arcane blast

Quote Originally Posted by Kayvas
    afaik the 30% crit on next spell only work for the first missile of aracane missile, so is better to use i when already at 4 stack to hit with a full buffed arcane blast
    This. PoM a 4 stack AB unless you're having some shitty mana and don't care to toss out the 5th AB, then just do it on the highest stack you can manage.

Your first set of cooldowns should be used when you think your procs are all up for as long as they can be. I generally trust the RNG and just pop cooldowns as soon as my first proc pops up and im at at least a 3 stack AB or have pushing the limit currently up. There's a lot of things to think about, black magic, lightweave, rep ring proc, trinket proc(s). If you have abyssal rune, I'd wait until that proc pops up or two of the other ones do at the absolute minimum. Obviously you want to maximize procs.

Secondary uses are best timed with procs, and this is where a mod like forte comesin handy with proc cooldown timers, so you know if waiting is worth it or not.

I was sure I read some math somewhere that said it was better to wait for IV to finish CD and pop it with AP than to spam AP on recharge. Has anyone else seen that, or am I crazy? (I'm probably crazy, since it's only another 24 seconds of waiting.)

yeah
    Quote Originally Posted by worlddan
    My understanding is that deathwing will erupt from that pool and fly around squeaking, "Runescape! I was in Runescape! How do I get back to Runescape?!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Armond
    I was sure I read some math somewhere that said it was better to wait for IV to finish CD and pop it with AP than to spam AP on recharge. Has anyone else seen that, or am I crazy? (I'm probably crazy, since it's only another 24 seconds of waiting.)
    Generally a big loss due to how big the difference is in their cooldowns. Using cooldowns together is good, but not THAT good.