Coheed and Cambria in concert!

I just saw them on Saturday in Oklahoma City with Torche and Circa Survive opening for them. Personally, I didn't care for the opening acts, but Coheed was AMAZING. I think they're in my top 3 favorite bands now.

During the show they played 3 from YotBR, No World and Welcome Home, then the rest were from their older CDs.

In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3 was abolutely the best song I've heard live. I can't express how awesome it was, not to mention that I was less than 20 feet away from the stage (which is the closest I've been ever.)

All in all, Coheed and Cambria is amazing.

Hell yes
    1. Search feature never works for me 2. No, there isn't a thread answering exactly what I'm asking for

Re: Coheed and Cambria in concert!

You should have been at Neverender back in 08. I was at their show just before yours down here in Dallas, and had a chance to talk to Claudio for a few min before he hopped on the bus and asked him if they had plans for another Neverender type of event and he smiled and said maybe, they were talking about it. Would be pretty awesome.

Anyways grats on seeing one of the best live bands touring in the last 10 years IMO.

Sadly when you see Coheed you have to sit through all the other rubbish acts they go on tour with. Namely Slipknot and Avenged Sevenfold. Coheed is amazing live which is funny because I saw them live at a basement in NY in 2002 and Claudio's voice was all over the place live he has really firmed up live and refined his voice. Did he play his guitar with a violin bow Page-style at the shows you guys went to?

I saw them at a festival once and, to be honest, I can't say I was very impressed at all. They did, however, pull of a brilliant The Trooper cover, so kudos to them for that.

10+ Year Old Account

Had a listen (largely due to Penny on drums) and have to say I just don't get why people are so excited over them.

Can anyone explain to me what their wow-factor is?