Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Too much haste!?!?

I changed my gear around. I previously had 955 haste and just shy of 3000 spellpower with Inner Fire up. Now I have 1059 haste and just over 3000 spellpower with Inner Fire. However with my previous set I was doing a little over 5k on the heroic dummy. Now when the new gear I am only doing 47-4900 dps. I only tested it out 3 times on the Heroic dummy but I was wondering why my dps is lower?

Link to my armory:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ion&cn=Meecrob

Some of my gear is healing (ICC rep ring) because I was healing. But now that I am going shadow that will be changed around. Same with some of the gems etc..

I use the opener of VT,MB,DP,MF, SW:P and priority of VT,DP,MB,MF. ANother question I had is based on my opener. I was thinking of going VT,MB,MF,DP,SW:P so that both DP and Pain have 5 stacks of SW.

Advice?

Re: Too much haste!?!?

If your crit rating is not compromised by the haste and spell power increase then theoretically your DPS should be higher. But as you may know, theory does not equal to practice. I think in your case you may have hit the bad side of RNG on all three of your attempts. Usually RNG problems can be controlled by testing on the dummy for at least 3 minutes.

If your crit rating has been compromised then it will have to depend on how much crit you have lost in order to gain the haste and spell power buff.

As with your opener, you provided two options. My opinion is it really doesnt matter which option you use. In a 5 minute fight, where assuming you did 2,800,000 damage, a difference of 280 damage between the two openers is only 0.01%. Such small percentage is too small to be accounted for, especially when you have 5 minutes worth of RNG in play.
    The best possible opening and the worst possible opening, as long as both openings puts SW:P up at 5 stacks, then the damage difference at the end of the fight will be negligible.

10+ Year Old Account

Mf for 5 ticks then apply dots.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Quote Originally Posted by TheParafernalia
    Mf for 5 ticks then apply dots.
    Open w/ SW:P, MF for 5 stacks, then follow rotation. Remember SW:P increase MB & MF dmg by 10%

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Doirdyn
    Open w/ SW:P, MF for 5 stacks, then follow rotation. Remember SW:P increase MB & MF dmg by 10%
    Now that was kinda fail. Learn the mechanics of MF, SWP and refreshing before you post again, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account

Too much haste!?!?
    No?!?!!?!?!!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!?!?/

Quote Originally Posted by zsun
    I think in your case you may have hit the bad side of RNG on all three of your attempts. Usually RNG problems can be controlled by testing on the dummy for at least 3 minutes.
    Could anyone be so kind as to tell me what exactly RNG means? I'm getting the impression is has to do with "luck of the proc" or something?
    This signature has been removed due to a violation of the Signatures + Avatars guidelines.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by chupatwo
    Could anyone be so kind as to tell me what exactly RNG means? I'm getting the impression is has to do with "luck of the proc" or something?
    Random Number Generator.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by chupatwo
    Random Number Generator.

As in each ability can do between X and Y. All damage can either Crit or not.

If you get a lot of non-Crits closer to X.... RNG.

ah okay, i was close
    This signature has been removed due to a violation of the Signatures + Avatars guidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by TheParafernalia
    Random Number Generator.
    Actually, it's a Pseudorandom number generator

There was a post on Shadowpriest.com ( done by Muqq ) where he worked out that there was NO hard cap haste for SPriest.

So basically, more haste = better.

You lost dps by the random factor

Thanks for the advice. I guess it has to be RNG because sp, haste, and crit all increased with my changes. I will do more testing.

About the haste cap comment I saw that post but didn't he also say that there were plateaus where spellpower was better unless you got enough haste to get over that plateau, or something like that. But it has been a while since I read it.

With all things being an upgrade from your first set to the one you linked on the Armory, did you perhaps break your T10 4pc? I see you having the 2Pc now. If not then it may have been other outside factors. The training dummies take ALL debuffs into account even if applied to by someone not grouped with. Beyond that... RNG... love it or hate it you have a 50/50 chance

Quote Originally Posted by Azoth
    With all things being an upgrade from your first set to the one you linked on the Armory, did you perhaps break your T10 4pc? I see you having the 2Pc now. If not then it may have been other outside factors. The training dummies take ALL debuffs into account even if applied to by someone not grouped with. Beyond that... RNG... love it or hate it you have a 50/50 chance
    My armory is the current gear I upgraded to and my previous gear was only 2p T10 just like now.

Ok so I just did another test on the dummy. It was a 2 min 54 sec fight and I used my Fiend at the start. Dmg was 922470 (5267 dps). *11009 dmg from my Fiend*

The Recount breakdown:
    Spell Count Dmg %
    MF 110 290999 31.9
    VT 70 198563 21.8
    MB 24 139739 15.3
    DP 71 122910 13.5
    SW:P 56 104600 11.5
    Imp DP 9 32080 3.5
    SW 6 22570 2.5

This was with Inner Fire and Spirit buff on me only. Nothing else and no one else was attacking the target. For my gear set up, which you can see at the top of this page through armory, am I doing low dps, right amount dps, or more dps? then what I should be doing.

10+ Year Old Account

Why, oh why, is SW on there? Did the target dummy suddenly spawn a void zone under you forcing you to move?

10+ Year Old Account

dont test dps on a dummy?
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury
    Why, oh why, is SW on there? Did the target dummy suddenly spawn a void zone under you forcing you to move?
    I used it as filler. Dots were up and not going to be falling off soon and MB was about to come off CD as I finished casting MF. So it was either cast a quick Death and then MB and then MF and continue or it was cast another MF for 1.3 ish seconds and try to clip it right for the MB. I lack the 4 set bonus =[

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tons of Phun
    I used it as filler. Dots were up and not going to be falling off soon and MB was about to come off CD as I finished casting MF. So it was either cast a quick Death and then MB and then MF and continue or it was cast another MF for 1.3 ish seconds and try to clip it right for the MB. I lack the 4 set bonus =[
    Yeah, with high haste you'll hit a place without 4pc T10 where you'll find yourself not having to refresh DoTs, but also not being able to fit a full 3 MFs between MBs. Clip the third MF at 2 ticks for that.

Only use SW while moving.