Min/Maxing Putricide 25HM

Hai

We're going 25man hardmode Putricide tonight. Looked around a bit, didn't found a lot of awesome shadowpriest views/opinions/strategies for the fight.

So, any tips for min/maxing the dps on the fight? I'm considering targeting macro's for the blobs, but beyond that I can't see anything obvious that can be changed? And since he's not doing tear gas, how's the option of keeping a Wild Magic SW:P rolling on him the entire fight, doable/not-doable ?

Re: Min/Maxing Putricide 25HM

Targeting macros for the blobs is definitely a good idea. However, if you choose to keep a Wild Magic SW:P rolling on him for the entire fight, then you must keep refreshing that SW:P during the phase change. Doing so can cause some DPS loss on the blobs themselves, and getting them down ASAP is the whole point of the phase change. With that said I would personally choose Potion of speed. If you use potion of speed then you wouldn't really need to worry about refreshing that SW:P. One less thing to worry about is always a plus when you already have a lot of things to worry about.

I don't think maxing your DPS for Putricide is really necessary, maybe you need to squeeze out that extra bit during the third phase. But overall It shouldnt really be a DPS race. As long as everyone survives the first 2 phases, phase 3 should be manageable.

To be honest I have not completed the 25 hard mode for Putricide. Maybe someone else who has already done the fight can share a bit more info.

I was thinking pre-potting Wild Magic. But if phase-changes are that important, I might just stick to a speed potion for boosting initial damage.

I don't think maxing your DPS for Putricide is really necessary, maybe you need to squeeze out that extra bit during the third phase. But overall It shouldnt really be a DPS race. As long as everyone survives the first 2 phases, phase 3 should be manageable.
    I'm trial atm. So everything needs to be maxed out wherever possible

You can keep the rolling SW:P up the entire fight if you want to; personally I don't roll a wild magic SW:P on him as sometimes I get out of range meaning it falls off, but yes it can be done.

The 'blobs' should get an instant SW:P and VT on them, and MF them as they're moving, one thing I can add is to make sure your three other dots are constantly rolling on PP. I personally don't need to put all my dps into the blobs as they die in time, but if you really need to you can focus on them and ignore PP until there dead.

In the phase change you obviously can only target one so put your dots on it, and if you can like before roll dots on PP. I personally find the best time to Sfiend is on PP in these transition phases. I wouldn't say chase the blob around either unless specifically instructed to. You can simply stand near enough to PP and keep dots up by being in range of the blobs most the time.

Also another thing is with the disease you can disperse to eat a few more ticks, and in p3 you can die with it early so you don't have to worry about it.

Pretty easy fight once you do it once, unlike HM sindragosa

Cheers Weena.

One question though. If I get Orange debuff, I attack the Orange Blob. Yes?

Pretty easy fight once you do it once, unlike HM sindragosa
    Yeah, finally got the kill last night.

My dps wasn't that nice though, but it's hard to find optimizations, as it's so bloody random how the debuff turns out.

Yes If you get the orange debuff, nuke the shit of the orange blob, we usually save CDs for nuking the 2 blobs down fast

Yeah as above attack orange if you have the orange debuff. Even though you said your a trial what you can try mention is that on the first transition phase use army of the dead, even two if you can. On the second transition use another army if possible and blow hero towards the end of the phase so you can finish off the blobs and start on PP.

And yeah sindragosa, worst fight I've done...some kills I've done under like 6k cause when we have the debuff we just stand around

And yeah sindragosa, worst fight I've done...some kills I've done under like 6k cause when we have the debuff we just stand around
    I'm happy I'm not alone

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...al/details/14/

Still have to find ways to increase the dps there though, I'm sure it can be done higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchdoctor Win'cape
    I'm happy I'm not alone

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...al/details/14/

Still have to find ways to increase the dps there though, I'm sure it can be done higher.
    No way to maximize DPS when you are required to stand around and do absolutely nothing due to a debuff. The RNG factor on that is through the roof. There have been times where I got almost every single Unchained Magic on me so I was basically completely useless the entire fight aside from DPSing the Frost Tombs during flight phases and nuking her in the first few seconds after she lands.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Dont use wild magic sw its useless and keeping dots rolling on putri is more meter whoring then actualy helping your guild in the encounter.

with the 15% buff available to you, your prolly gonna stall putricide in p1, and get an extra ooze to save up energy on the abomination. the transitions are crucial, you want to have as many people stacking up on the green ooze (including pets and 1x army of the dead) the other dk's pop armies in p2-p3 transition. (and make sure their armies target the g reen ooze <_<)

keep your infight pot for P3, or if your still progressing on transition phase, pop it durring those.

you DONT wanna get hit by goo, but thats ofc normal..

if you want to realy max your dps on the meters, then yes dot away on putricide and meterwhore are you want. but if you have a decent guild i would say they do not like meterwh0ring.
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBlade
    Every new dps trinket in the game should be itemised exactly and perfectly for you and also be an upgrade over your current trinkets.
    If this doesn't happen, the game is broken beyond horrific terrible belief and is not worth playing.
    http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/...scale/nysalia/
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/225579/

Went pretty good, on good tries I had a consistent #2 or #3 spot after a Elemental Shaman, and sometimes before/after a Unholy Death Knight.

Quite a awesome fight, Putricide hardmode is. Best try was like 17% with 30 seconds left on enrage

Quote Originally Posted by Waterwings
    if you want to realy max your dps on the meters, then yes dot away on putricide and meterwhore are you want. but if you have a decent guild i would say they do not like meterwh0ring.
    I still don't see a issue with "meterwhoring". More dps is more dps. And you can see from above, we're a bit behind on schedule, since we lose to much time on transitions.

And I of course, focus dps in the transitions, but often you can spare a GCD for a dot on the boss during movement or similar. It's absolutely doable.

I was thinking pre-potting Wild Magic. But if phase-changes are that important, I might just stick to a speed potion for boosting initial damage.
    I'm trial atm. So everything needs to be maxed out wherever possible
    with the 15% buff, it's so trivial now. Just have your raid not fail anywhere and he'll drop.

the transitions are crucial, you want to have as many people stacking up on the green ooze (including pets and 1x army of the dead) the other dk's pop armies in p2-p3 transition. (and make sure their armies target the g reen ooze <_<)
    Snake trap = win for softening green ooze explosions.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

17% and 30s on enrage?
    How many healers are you running?
    Are you switching sides everytime?

Ive done this fight, and I just see no way on how enrage could be the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigslick
    Snake Trap + Army = lols.

edit:

Also yeah. With the 15% buff, he's a complete joke. Just DPS as well as you usually do and not fail at fight mechanics and you'll be golden.

edit2:

17% and 30s on enrage?

Also agree with this guy. We run like 5 healers tops, maybe 6. Enrage has never been CLOSE to a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Revitalize
    17% and 30s on enrage?

We had a lot of dead dps that try, but I'm not excactly sure what to determind out of our progress yet.

Seems we had 7 healers though. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...pes&boss=36678

Quote Originally Posted by Bigslick
    2 hunters make that fight a bit trivial during transition phases

EDIT: 7 healers is too much, go with 6 and tell your raiders to keep their pets/shadowfiend/ghouls... on the green one during its explosion.

Dont use wild magic sw its useless and keeping dots rolling on putri is more meter whoring then actualy helping your guild in the encounter.

with the 15% buff available to you, your prolly gonna stall putricide in p1, and get an extra ooze to save up energy on the abomination. the transitions are crucial, you want to have as many people stacking up on the green ooze (including pets and 1x army of the dead) the other dk's pop armies in p2-p3 transition. (and make sure their armies target the g reen ooze <_<)

keep your infight pot for P3, or if your still progressing on transition phase, pop it durring those.

you DONT wanna get hit by goo, but thats ofc normal..

Totally agree, it's like aoeing the adds on Emalon. Just because you're adding more dps to recount doesn't mean you're helping the fight. If you're dotting up putricide during the phase transition, then you're a hindrance to your guild. Then again, as the buff increases, it wont matter that much.

Hai

We're going 25man hardmode Putricide tonight. Looked around a bit, didn't found a lot of awesome shadowpriest views/opinions/strategies for the fight.

So, any tips for min/maxing the dps on the fight? I'm considering targeting macro's for the blobs, but beyond that I can't see anything obvious that can be changed? And since he's not doing tear gas, how's the option of keeping a Wild Magic SW:P rolling on him the entire fight, doable/not-doable ?
    the wild magic SWPain is doable if you have the patience to babysit it , you just have to position yourself correctly when he is doing the runs to the table and hope your not targetted by either ooze during the transition phases. Just make sure you keep dots up on whatever ooze is up and the boss at all times. If the green or orange ooze gets out of your range and is low health do not chase it for 1 more tick of something just get on the boss and continue to dps. There arent really any other tricks to it. Just dont stand in big clumps of people that reduces your chance of having to move from goo.
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple