Macroing trinkets with no shared cooldown

So I'm trying to macro glyph of indominability and corroded skeleton key to be one cooldown.
    I've tried:

/use 13
    /use 14

/cast glyph
    /cast key(full names of course)

/castsequence key, glyph

/ cast key
    /stopcasting
    /cast glyph

they all stop on the first trinket. If I have the trinkets set up to two hotkeys I can use them both, or if I click them. It's not a cooldown issue, for whatever reason the cast won't progress to the second trinket. I have tried switching the order of the trinkets in the macros to see if that helps with no luck

Re: Macroing trinkets with no shared cooldown

Quote Originally Posted by Thirtyrock
    /use 13
    /use 14
    Just press it twice, should work imho

how about this?

/use *name of trinket 1*
    /use *name of trinket 2*

always works for me

are u sure they are not on a shared global cooldown? in that case u will need to press it twice.

I am not sure I've tried
    /use trinket name
    /use trinket name

I hve tried pressing it twice with all of the above combos, it does not use both trinkets.
    When I press any of those macros the icon on my bar (showing the first trinket) swithes to that trinkets cooldown timer, instead of proceeding to the next trinket. If that makes any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirtyrock
    I am not sure I've tried
    /use trinket name
    /use trinket name

I hve tried pressing it twice with all of the above combos, it does not use both trinkets.
    When I press any of those macros the icon on my bar (showing the first trinket) swithes to that trinkets cooldown timer, instead of proceeding to the next trinket. If that makes any sense.
    Macros always show whats first in them (edit: unless you use /castsequence), you can change this only by using #showtooltip *itemname* at the beginning or just switching them around.
    Don't forget, even if trinkets do not share a cd, they often can not be activated together if they have similar effects (eg spellpower on use) You can see this if you open the character screen and activate trinket 1. If the other trinket gets a cd that matches the other trinkets duration of on-use-effect then you know they can't be activated together.

I'll try using show tooltip, maybe i'm missing something. They def don't share a cd. Hmm thanks for te help

Make sure it's spelled right and try switching the order in the macro if it doesn't work all at once. I'll test when I get home but either

/use Glyph of Indomitability
    /use Corroded Skeleton Key

or

/use Corroded Skeleton Key
    /use Glyph of Indomitability

might do what you want. If not, then the two trinkets cannot be activated at the same time, and after one trinket is finished the other one will pop.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator