Thread: Mana/Haste Cap

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Mana/Haste Cap

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    use evocate before you use your other CDs. it is your highest mana refund ability and you want to have it up as many times as possible per fight. also, it's easier to do evo first since you are popping all your CDs at the start, which is very mana intensive, and an early evocate negates this mana abuse.
    Tried last night on the lich king 25 using Evoc first, but it actually turns out worse. A few were struggling with Mana as we didn't have a ret paladin for mana back and only a shadow priest for replenishment.

I was OOM with Gem/Torrent/Evoc off cool down by the second/third valkyr with using Evoc First and the last one using Gem/Torrent first. This was using a solid 4AB->Missiles rotation without proc fishing then dropping down to 3AB when possible and I was at 30% mana or less and no cool down in sight.

I even changed by spec for 5/5 clear casting for the mana efficiency. Any more ideas other than going fire? Will hopefully be trying again tonight with the ret paladin for a better comparison.

Do you have JoW on the target - That does make a difference.

For long fights such as LK just use AM as it procs since it is marginally lower dps but alot more mana sufficient.

What I usually do is: Blow all cds pew pew, as he hits 70% I position myself at the edge and use Evocation which brings me almost to full mana, then usually use a ruby at the 3rd Rageing Spirit, and from that on I just use my Evo / Ruby whenever off CD and I usually come out with 10-15% mana

Or you can ask your boomkin / pew pew kitty if you can ninja their innervate unless ofc. a healer needs it.

looking at your gear confirmed you are an idiot.

gemmed poorly (lol purifieds in a 5 spellpower socket bonus), chanted poorly (lol icewalker), geared poorly (nice off-set chest when t10 is BiS), and pure crit stacking to the point where your haste is at ulduar levels...yeah, totally confirmed it for me.

those mages get innervates beacuse they want top parses, not because they need them.
    Awwww my rawr tells me that it's better to put purifieds in 5 SP sockets for fire though the difference is marginal at best. So I wonder on what data you rely to say the bonus is not worth it.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Eijnar
    No, as I said, no ret paladin and the tank and healer were busy

For long fights such as LK just use AM as it procs since it is marginally lower dps but alot more mana sufficient.
    Might have to, there doesn't really seem a way around it. Perhaps I will try just 3AB then missiles. Or look at using MAge Armour full time with Glyph.

15+ Year Old Account

if you're lacking one replenishment for a 25 man then yeah, using evocate first isn't the best option. on 25 man, as arcane i was usually able to hold off needing to use any form of evocate/gem/etc till the end of the transition phase.

i'm not sure how much more help i could give since i haven't encountered the same problem you are having.
    Quote Originally Posted by takolin
    Awwww my rawr tells me that it's better to put purifieds in 5 SP sockets for fire though the difference is marginal at best. So I wonder on what data you rely to say the bonus is not worth it.
    and mine tells me not to. let's go in circles saying something and go loddy doddy da.
    BfA Beta Time

if you're lacking one replenishment for a 25 man then yeah, using evocate first isn't the best option. on 25 man, as arcane i was usually able to hold off needing to use any form of evocate/gem/etc till the end of the transition phase.
    Ok thanks dude, will see how it goes with Ret Paladin for Replenishment. funny thing is that the first time we got him down it was tight, but I wasn't struggling nearly as much.

If you don't have replenishment you'll run out of mana using your highest dps rotation. Replenishment is a pretty big deal, not much you can do aside from lowering your rotation to a higher DPM one.

and mine tells me not to. let's go in circles saying something and go loddy doddy da.
    And regardless of what rawr tells you: are you using the 2set bonus of T9 to boost spirit?
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

looking at your gear confirmed you are an idiot.

gemmed poorly (lol purifieds in a 5 spellpower socket bonus), chanted poorly (lol icewalker), geared poorly (nice off-set chest when t10 is BiS), and pure crit stacking to the point where your haste is at ulduar levels...yeah, totally confirmed it for me.

those mages get innervates beacuse they want top parses, not because they need them.
    He may be an idiot, but what does that make you? Getting out dpsd by an idiot...

Quote Originally Posted by takolin
    And regardless of what rawr tells you: are you using the 2set bonus of T9 to boost spirit?
    Yes, thanks for mentioning the extremely relevant fact at the start. Had you mentioned this, Swizzle would have told you that you are correct. With 2pce T9 the 12sp+10spi would be a larger DPS increase than 23SP. However, the 4PCE T10 is a bigger DPS boost than the increase in Crit, if as you claim you are already 80% crit, dropping the T9 bonus would be like dropping 5% crit maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by rathofvol
    He may be an idiot, but what does that make you? Getting out dpsd by an idiot...
    There has not been a single post regarding links to WoL on equivalent fights for either person that I have seen on the entirety of this forum. Kindly go away and stop Trolling my thread.

IDIOT.

15+ Year Old Account

yeah, you're right. here, just for you, i'll have 2 of our priest go disc so we can have 3, i'll tell all our druids to give me every innervate, THEN fell free to compare the numbers i can put out compared to what logoz does.

please, logic may be rare on these forums, but try applying it every once in a while and the world is a prettier place.
    BfA Beta Time

What I usually do is: Blow all cds pew pew, as he hits 70% I position myself at the edge and use Evocation which brings me almost to full mana, then usually use a ruby at the 3rd Rageing Spirit, and from that on I just use my Evo / Ruby whenever off CD and I usually come out with 10-15% mana

Or you can ask your boomkin / pew pew kitty if you can ninja their innervate unless ofc. a healer needs it.
    Its probably because you are using a ruby instead of a sapphire.

No but really, anyone who just looks at Logoz numbers and instantly implies that he is god of mages, is probably still working on Algebra in school. His parse has 3 PIs and he's being fed innervates. The whole damn guild is there to get him ranked parses.

And lastly, Replenishment is huge, if you don't have it, you won't pull off a maximum DPS rotation, you have to go to the high DPM one like Skarrd said, but I've never seen a 25 man without one.

yeah, you're right. here, just for you, i'll have 2 of our priest go disc so we can have 3, i'll tell all our druids to give me every innervate, THEN fell free to compare the numbers i can put out compared to what logoz does.

please, logic may be rare on these forums, but try applying it every once in a while and the world is a prettier place.
    I was referring to Riccou, not to Logoz. And btw...

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/p...?s=3268&e=3473

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/1zll4...?s=3606&e=3809

You both got 2 Power Infusions, so QQ more about that... He also doubled your add dps, and then some

Care to flame other more skilled players?

Edit: He also didn't have a demo lock

Quote Originally Posted by TruffleMuffin
    There has not been a single post regarding links to WoL on equivalent fights for either person that I have seen on the entirety of this forum. Kindly go away and stop Trolling my thread.

IDIOT.
    Swizzle - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/p...um/damageDone/
    Riccou - http://worldoflogs.com/reports/1zll4...um/damageDone/

Why the need for names? You're the one who is the idiot for not being able to look that up yourself. Have fun trying to be the internet tough guy tho, I hear it pays well.

15+ Year Old Account

I was referring to Riccou, not to Logoz. And btw...

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/p...?s=3268&e=3473

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/1zll4...?s=3606&e=3809

You both got 2 Power Infusions, so QQ more about that... He also doubled your add dps, and then some

Care to flame other more skilled players?

Edit: He also didn't have a demo lock
    he also used 2 berserking buffs while i'm an udead mage. this is a more fair comparison, good sir, from back when i was still a troll. as you can see, though our kill took 11 seconds longer, the DPS difference is a grand total of 31.3, which means the damage done difference is 344.3. lastly, my parse is from 4/20 (after going out with friends and getting drunk) while the one you used is from 4/28, an 8 day difference allowing for more gear.

again, pissing matches are fun, but in the end they don't prove anything. lucky procs and not having to evocate make a difference, but none of it changes the fact that he doesn't know how to gem or chant, again i'll guide you to lol icewalker.

calling someone more skilled on a difference of 31.3 DPS is like kareem abdul jabbar telling hakeem olajuwon that he sucks and should stop flaming him.

herpa derp derp.
    BfA Beta Time

Not having a demo lock is 10x worse than gaining a berserking buff.

15+ Year Old Account

Not having a demo lock is 10x worse than gaining a berserking buff.
    and having 10 seconds of extra DPS time with 5 seconds lost to evocate and not having 15% haste for 30 seconds is also bad. this argument amuses me and the fact that dick riding is so bad that unless you have a parse in the top 4, i don't know why you are talking at all. SEE WHUT I DID THUR.
    BfA Beta Time

I haven't raided in 3-4 months, so I don't have a top dps parse. I just find it amusing that you call someone an idiot when they do basically equal dps as you do. I find it very ironic.

15+ Year Old Account

I haven't raided in 3-4 months, so I don't have a top dps parse. I just find it amusing that you call someone an idiot when they do basically equal dps as you do. I find it very ironic.
    it's not ironic at all actually. you see, intellect and ZOMG TOP PARSE PULL are not equitable, and i haven't equated the two...ever, so you can have an idiot who tunnels and stands in every damn void zone on the planet pulling amazing DPS, still doesn't mean he isn't an idiot for doing every part of the encounter wrong.
    BfA Beta Time