Aimed shot vs Multishot

Hey all, I'm trying to figure out if its worth picking up aimed shot. I'm currently survival without aimed shot, so instead im using multi. Iv heard that aimed scales better with AP or ArP or something but cant find any truth to it. Since they both up base damage by 408 i figured there cant be much of a difference.

Any opinion about this question would be great. Armory me for gear if you think its a factor.

Re: Aimed shot vs Multishot

I use aimed on my surv build. Its a physical shot, so it and multi scale better with ArPen (not something you necessarily stack as a surv hunter, but you still get a lot on gear). Its also useful for single target Misdirect threat generation, and the mortal shot healing debuff is occasionally useful, depending on the fight.

What are you going to use that point for anyway? Expose Weakness/Hunting Party?
    SW:TOR: Kina Legacy on Drooga's Pleasure Barge, formerly Senjak Legacy on Master Zhar Lestin.

www.femaledwarf.com

Load your character info, apply buffs, check dps with multi, then with aimed.

Typically aimed shot will do better damage vs single targets, and multi shot should be used when there are multiple.

MM hunters get more of a benefit from using Aimed Shot than SV will due to their talents, but SV does have Sniper Training only works with Aimed Shot.

If you can afford to spend the talent points you should get it, if not, it's not a huge deal

Deleted

femaledwarf and simulationcraft tell me: hunting party 3/3 is better than aimed shot (on my toon) - but that really depends on your gear and aimed shot will most likely be a better choice without agi amounts like stars in the skies.

Deleted

Aimed shot should be used because it increases the damage done for a small period of time after.

Quote Originally Posted by sarethen
    Aimed shot should be used because it increases the damage done for a small period of time after.
    Dont...know...if...troll

/headexplode

Deleted

Im gonna feed the troll, may i keep him?

Sorry, not true.

Aimed Shot is another shot that you can use while moving. It also has a Mortal Shot like debuff which is very useful on some encounters or in PvP. Most SV builds tend to include Aimed Shot in their build.

As the poster above said, movement, which alot of fights do have you moving about.

Something else people don't seem to be taking into account.

Mana cost? If you suffer mana problems in fights, (I.e ever have to switch to viper) and you use multi on single targets, then switching to aimed will save you mana over time and prolong the viper switch which in turn increases dps.

Deleted

Sniper Training affects AS, but not MS. That's the main reason you'll want AS.

10+ Year Old Account

ya.... just... youre done here...

anyways, i personally dont specc into multi-shot as it is the exact same thing as aimed but with no healing debuff. it makes no difference as to which you pick because they do the same damage and, if anything, multi does more because it can potentially hit 3 targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Scripts
    Its also useful for single target Misdirect threat generation, and the mortal shot healing debuff is occasionally useful, depending on the fight.
    uh... and why exactly would you not use multishot after a MD? assuming theres only 1 target you ar MDing to the tank, it will perform EXACTLY THE SAME as aimed-shot. now if there are more than 1 (think adds on LDW) it is better to use multi shot so that the tank will gain threat on all 3 targets.

finally, i prefer multi because it is helpful in multi target fights like marrowgar where you can quickly do alot of damage to all 3 bonespikes

EDIT: oh and to those pointing out the healing debuff, thats such a good point cuz NO OTHER CLASS can reduce healing by 50% (points to rogues and warriors)

----------------------------------------
    you are now consciously breathing
    ----------------------------------------

why are there so many idiots spreading misinformation on this?!
    Aimed does not increase damage dealt by anything...

don't start an argument about it like so many others who can't read the tooltip properly, it really doesn't...
    Sry to be a dick, but I read this all the time and it is just plain stupid.

aimed shot is superior, because
    a) it is a real instant cast unlike Multi Shot
    b) because of this talent: Sniper Training
    (so stating aimed shot= single target multi shot is also spreading misinformation)
    c) sometimes you will need the MS

Since there isn't an armory link. I will assume you have ICC gear. There are several reasons why Aimed Shot is better than Multi-Shot for Survival.
    1. Instant Cast. SV is low on instant casts, (ES only.. MM has three) so, having more is beneficial on movement fights.
    2. Gains 6% damage bonus from Sniper Training. Clearly more damage is beneficial yet again. A point out of Resourcefullness should be removed. As the two more seconds on Black Arrow CD's isn't a big deal.
    3. Less mana, not a huge deal. But still maybe a reason..

Hard to give an honest answer w/o armory link.

Aimed Shot on Single Targets (Or god damn Healers in PvP). Multi-Shot on Multiple adds.

Aimed shot will always hit harder and apply the MS effect, it's weakest build for aimed shot would be BM, which is still pretty powerful, plus the MS effect can be useful at times. Multi shot is more mana per shot and slightly less dmg, only better choice when steady shot is hitting for just as hard(unlikely) or 2 targets or more.

Multi shot is pretty crappy for marks spec even though u got a lot of talents for it, ironic.

thx guys, ya sorry there was no armory link i just copied pasted my same post from wow fourms xD

but ya i was wondering were i should take the point out of , expose weakness or hunting party, i went with hunting party

armory link
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...enris&n=Jnight

10+ Year Old Account

Nobody brought this up, but aimed has no cast time, where multi does (something small) so it can mess up your rotation.

as surv, sniper traning affect aimed shot but not multi. aimed shot is instant while multi has 0.5 sec "cast time". multi cost more mana.

as surv, you also have a lot of talents you can spare on, so just pick one and put it into aimed.